Sonnet

Houston Bulls Press Conference

1) The Bulls are out to a rather even start. Are you worried?

It's still early, we're better than we're showing, I think we'll only get better as time goes on.

2) Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

Not at all, Kurri and his line have been outstanding but it's about what I expected going into the season.

3) Quite a few of our players have made comments about Halifax recently. What do YOU think of their team, their city?

Pretty sure that's on record already, yeah? Barely a city, really.

4) We're opening our season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

We're supposed to say Halifax here, right?

5) VSN has power ranked us, to start the season, at 4th in the league. Do you agree with this?

We'll climb into the top 3, for sure. Our talent is developing at such a fast pace, the teams that are better right now won't stay better for long.

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

Fans have a tough time talking to me a lot of the time, with the accent and all, but just getting recognized on the streets is a huge thing for me, it's nice to get recognition from fans.

-- no not at all especially since we have played the same team the first six games.  I have no doubts that we will be a playoff team.

2) Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

--I have had great teammates feeding me the puck and doing so many things on the ice that have allowed me to get open and take shots so I give them all the credit for their hard work and making us all better with and without the puck

3) Quite a few of our players have made comments about Halifax recently. What do YOU think of their team, their city?

--I am fine and ok with the team and city.  it is just another team we have to beat to climb the championship mountain

4) We're opening our season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

--Minnesota since I was able to play a few games with them at the end of last season

5) VSN has power ranked us, to start the season, at 4th in the league. Do you agree with this?

--I think that is pretty well spot on when comparing our players and tpe, etc.  I think we will end up anywhere between 3rd and 5th and I think we can get to third as long as everyone keeps updating and improving

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

--everything about our fans rock.  they have been nothing but awesome and excited and loud and keep us pumped up during the games

-  I'm not worried but I'm definitely not happy with my performance and I have a lot of work to do

- It's fun to watch no doubt! He's been bailing us out when we need it so I'm glad he's on our squad

- They have to be a well-respected city to receive a VHLM franchise. It's not my place to comment about such things.

- Las Vegas, you always wanna go against the champion and show your strength.

- For now I agree with this but I hope to rise as we push towards the playoffs.

- Last week someone picked me up on the way to the stadium, my car broke down and couldn't get a hold of anybody so shout out to that guy saving me from punishments at practice

Not at all. It's a new team with a lot of new players. Right now we're all just trying to find our game. I feel that pretty soon we're going to break through.

Not at all. Our roster is filled with talent, and with such a great scorer as him and great players surrounding him, it was practically inevitable.

Lot of players on the team have some beef with them. I don't have anything against them or their city but you gotta stick by your team, so, I guess I think pretty poorly of both their team and their city.

Eyes are set on Halifax. We've declared them our rivals, so it's time to see if it's a rivalry worth keeping.

That seems like a pretty fair assessment to me. We have a lot of talent but haven't had the strongest of starts. It'll go up the further along we go into the season.

Haven't really had any. I keep pretty isolated when I'm off the ice. Had a few people ask me to sign some stuff, which felt pretty good, but that's about it.

Not in the slightest. It’s a long season, and for a new team to start out even is great.. just means we’ll get stronger as the season goes on. 

2) Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

No, we have a very talented team. Not surprised at all. Looking forward to him leading the VHLM in goals scored at the end of the season as well. 

3) Quite a few of our players have made comments about Halifax recently. What do YOU think of their team, their city?

Here’s a fun fact about Halifax:

4) We're opening our season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

Vegas. I feel like that will show us where we truly stand. 

I do. It’s our inaugural season, but they know we’re talented. We’ll be at the top next year. 

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

I’ve gotten more high fives in this city than I have ever before in my life. I didn’t know I enjoyed slapping hands so much. It’s been great. I love Houston. 

Not at all, we just need to make the playoffs, after that, we'll run through whoever happens to be in our way. We're exactly where we want to be right now.

2)Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

Again, not at all. We're a great team with even greater depth and Kari is one of the best.

Honestly, I didn't even know Halifax had a hockey team. I've heard that a lot of Houston fans don't like them though, and if that's the case, then I don't like them either.

4) We're opening the season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

I guess I'm curious to see what this Halifax team is all about.

I don't really agree with power rankings in general, the only thing that matters is our record on he ice.

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new Hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

I love signing autographs outside of the practice facility, I've become a bit of an attraction there since the incident. I've also had a few people point and say "Look, it's that smelly guy!" while walking around downtown.

Answer these six questions to be eligible for 2 capped TPE this week.

1) Be honest, are you tired of playing against the Yukon Rush yet?

2) What part of your game do you think has improved the most since the start of the season?

3) Who's pulled the biggest prank in the locker room so far this season?

4) The Bulls have considered opening their practices to the public, so fans can come watch the team prepare for games and interact with their favorite players. What are your thoughts on this?

5) If you could have a "Wrestlemania" style entrance to the ice before every home game, what would it look like?

6) Do you have any pregame rituals? Have they helped or hurt the team's performance so far?

:hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: 

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Jake Levine @Kirby @Kuch9 @StaticShocked @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Birdman

1. Yes, a hundred times yes. Who are the other teams in the league?

2) What part of your game do you think has improved the most since the start of the season?

2. My Rebound control has improved quite a bit from the start of the season. Thanks to all the coachs for pushing me every day

3. Callum filled Jurri's car with popcorn while we were at practice so I'd say that takes the cake

4) The Bulls have considered opening their practices to the public, so fans can come watch the team prepare for games and interact with their favorite players. What are your thoughts on this?

4. It'll have it's ups and downs. They're 'll be hecklers but at the least we can sign a few autographs and make people's days

5) If you could have a "Wrestlemania" style entrance to the ice before every home game, what would it look like?

5. Lots and lots of pyrotechnics. Heart-Shaped Box in the background while I strut down the ramp in my gear

6) Do you have any pregame rituals? Have they helped or hurt the team's performance so far?

6. I like to play keep-ups with a tennis ball. Unfortunately one day I hit Callum in the eye, He didn't play well that night.

Do any other teams or cities even exist anymore?

I’ve been more physical than I expected to be. Came into this season thinking I needed to work on that, but I’m racking up hits at a decent pace for myself. 

You ever been around our Scotsman? Spend five minutes with him, you’ll know the answer. 

Doesn’t bother me. Anyway we can connect with the fans even more is awesome. 

So much pyro.. so much pyro.

I like to eat two bowls of cereal before every game.. definitely can’t say they’ve helped my performance personally. Recently found out I’m lactose intolerant so, yeah I should probably stop doing that..

2 hours ago, Sonnet said:

1. One can only pick off so many of Helmsley's passes before it starts to get boring.

2. I've spent a lot of time working on my positioning and trying to control my penalties and I can now say I'm doing a good job with both.

3. Remember when Buefordsson smelled so terrible we had to shut down the practice facility for a week? Sederstrom and Kirbsson went out and bought him a can of surströmming to "air out his locker." 

4. I'd love to see this, but I'm a bit concerned for my safety. Sometimes after I leave the arena it's like the opening sequence of the first Austin Powers movie. Houston girls can run fast. 

5. I've actually been over this with Samuel Sparrow: before I come out on the ice, I want all the lights in the arena to go off. Smoke starts pouring out of our locker room exit and fire shoots out of the sides. The PA guy goes "NOW STEPPING ONTO THE ICE, NUMBER 58, JEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY GAAAAAARCIIIIIIIAAAA!!!!!" And then I sit there and watch as Callum MacElroy drunkenly falls off the bench and faceplants somewhere on our side of the neutral zone. 

6. When we played in Halifax the other night, they burned Beau Buefordsson in effigy before the game and I ended up scoring the game-winner. Don't tell him, but the next day I made a voodoo doll with a little Buefordsson jersey and I've been beating the living daylights out of it before every game since.  

Can't really say I'm tired of playing against them when I haven't even played once yet!

My season has yet to start, but I feel like I'm getting better and better on defense.

Oh man, this one time, Sederstrom took ALL of the liquor out of MacElroy's personal fridge and hid it in various places around the locker room. There was so much swearing, it was a riot.

I'm totally down for this! Being a rookie and all, it would be very nice to get to meet the fans and interact with them a little to make Houston feel a little more like home.

Can it just be a metric ton of pyrotechnics while Rammstein blares in the background? If so, then that.

My favorite pre-game ritual is to juggle a puck on the butt-end of my stick to make sure that my hand-eye is 100%. Thankfully, it hasn't helped or hurt anyone's performance yet!

Tae be honest, yeah, Ah wish we played them less.

English: To be honest, yeah, I wish we played them less.

Mah skatin', fur sure. I've gotten way faster, blowin' pest troaps loch a bampot.

English: My skating, for sure. I've gotten way faster, blowing past people like crazy.

Definitely me, tryin' tae keep th' wee jimmies morale up.

English: Definitely me, trying to keep the boys morale up.

As lang as th' fans dornt flin' jobby at us while we practice if we're nae playin' weel.

English: As long as the fans don't fling shit as while we practice if we're not playing well.

Jist play Aam Gonnae Be oan max volume while Ah skate it.

English: Just play I'm Gonna Be on max volume while I skate out.

Ah bevvy a bottle ay scotch afair every gam. Management let's me dae it as lang as aam producin'.

English: I drink a bottle of scotch before every game. Management let's me do it as long as I'm producing.

Not at all, they're a good team, it helps to know what we need to improve on

im definitely better at scoring

Joakim tried telling me hes a good hockey player and I thought that was pretty funny

Yea, lets let em skate too, let em slot in on our 4th

just callum macelroy stumbling to the rink 

i aint tryna take the blame for our losses recently so imma plead the fifth

I mean, I don't mind beating up on them some more.

2) What part of your game do you think has improved the most since the start of the season?

I've worked on my passes a lot. I've already seen an increase in scoring from it.

I remember one time Garcia replaced my lucky bottle of rat urine with a bottle of liquid ass. Joke's on him though, I use it regularly now.

I like it.

The question isn't what it would look like. The question is what would it smell like.

I have to yeet at least three times in the hour before warmups, but no more than 7 yeets or I have to start over. I think its helped my nerves tbh.

1) Be honest, are you tired of playing against the Yukon Rush yet?

Never in a million years since they are seemingly a fountain of points for me.

Ive really focused on my playmaking ability so far and I think it’s really showing on my point totals.

Just be around the flying Scotsman for 5 minutes and you will experience things once thought impossible. 

I couldn’t be more amped for this. I feel like any way to put the team out there and impact the fans is great.

pyro and belly slide all the way baby. Maybe 

Nothing too out there other than the fact I always wear the same hat to every team event. I feel that our place in the standings clearly show the hats effectiveness.

Are you tired of seeing it? I’m never tired of playing hockey to be honest. It doesn’t matter if you put me out there against a team of pensioners, I’ll be giving my all.

Definitely my scoring. Everyone looked at me before the season as a one dimensional passer. I’ve been scoring a lot more recently and it feels great.

Me and Jurri thought it would be funny to mess with a few of the lads Tinder profiles... as you can imagine, it didn’t go down too well.

Bring it on. We have some of the most loyal and passionate fans and it’s our inaugural season. I love Houston, we love Houston, and Houston loves us. I say make it happen.

I’d go all in man. CM Punk style. Even though I’m not straight edge but hey, he’s a cool dude.

I tend to listen to Eminem before games, especially road games. But I wouldn’t say it’s a ritual. You become to dependant on that stuff and it can make you complacent. If you play bad it’s easy to blame the ritual. I need it to be on me.

Is there any other teams in the league?

I've really been improving my shooting. It's definitely improved since the start, just haven't got the production yet.

That Scotsman. No explanation needed for that guy.

Seems like a great idea. I love being around the fans and I bet they would love to be able to interact with the team more. It's a win win in my mind

Enough pyrotechnics to make a person blind

None yet, but I guess it would be pretty good to make one. Couldn't hurt. I need something to give me that extra push

On 3/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, Sonnet said:

Answer these six questions to be eligible for 2 capped TPE this week.

:hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: 

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Jake Levine @Kirby @Kuch9 @StaticShocked @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Birdman

1r. Да, я хотел бы играть, и бить, Галифакс больше.

1e. Yes, I would like to play, and beat, Halifax more.

2r. Гол забил и прохождение, хотя я все еще смотрю на улучшение удара

2e. Goal scoring and passing, though I still look on improving hitting

3r. @GlowyGoat подумал, что было бы смешно положить водку в мою бутылку воды во время практики, но он действительно просто делаю мне одолжение.

3e. @GlowyGoat thought it would be funny to put vodka in my water bottle during a practice, but he was really just doing me a favor.

4r. Я бы ждал, пока Козлов будет двигаться вверх, он может стать вульгарным во время практики.

4e. I would wait for Kozlov to move up, he can get vulgar during practice.

5r. Я хожу как нормальный и не проявлять эмоций, ничего особенного.

5e. I walk like normal and show no emotion, nothing special.

6r. Я беру один выстрел водки перед каждым периодом каждой игры.

6e. I take one shot of vodka before each period of every game.

Answer these six questions to be eligible for 2 TPE this week.

1) The trade deadline is coming up for the VHLM. Do you think the Bulls should buy, sell, or neither?

2) The playoff race is heating up, with nearly every team in the conversation for the bracket. What gives Houston an edge over other teams?

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far?

4) How would you rate the Houston locker room, up until this point?

5) The World Junior Classic is coming up- what are you most looking forward to in regards to the tournament?

6) What does your player HAVE to have in the locker room at all times? A good luck charm? Snacks?

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Jake Levine @Kirby @Kuch9 @StaticShocked @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Yusuf Abdul-Latif @Birdman

12 hours ago, Sonnet said:

1) The trade deadline is coming up for the VHLM. Do you think the Bulls should buy, sell, or neither?

2) The playoff race is heating up, with nearly every team in the conversation for the bracket. What gives Houston an edge over other teams?

5) The World Junior Classic is coming up- what are you most looking forward to in regards to the tournament?

6) What does your player HAVE to have in the locker room at all times? A good luck charm? Snacks?

1) It's really tough to say. As a player I really want to make the playoffs with this squad but we have some weak points and allow too many goals. I understand if management wants to bolster their future at the cost of this season. Either way, I'm grateful for my time in this city.

2) I think we have elite offense that has the ability to knock anyone down from their perch. It shows on the draft rankings where we have a few players in the top 20.

3) Being 5th in the league for most categories is actually a bit frustrating. I know I've put the work in but to not see the results bugs me.

4) It's been an enjoyable place to be. I've really enjoyed my time with everyone and hope I get to spend some more time with these guys

5) I'm really excited to be a part of a team that represents my country, and also to face my birth country. I know I probably won't play but I plan to enjoy the experience.

6) I always bring my music. I can't go anywhere without it. My mood typically depends on music. I always make sure to have my warm up playlist up before gametime

1) The trade deadline is coming up for the VHLM. Do you think the Bulls should buy, sell, or neither?

I personally don’t have much interaction with the front office but from what I’ve seen we have plenty of high caliber players that can take us far

We have great grit. Everybody in this league can put the puck in the net but not everybody can stand up to us physically and it gives a real mismatch we can take advantage of. 

I certainly didn’t expect to start like I did but I’m very pleasantly surprised with my point production and I think my training has really paid off. 

Absolutely outstanding. We have one of the most active groups of guys and I can’t be happier with the people and memories I’ve made with this group. 

Im just hoping team USA does good I don’t care if that’s with or without me I’m happy for my country. 

Just a bangin playlist and I couldn’t be happier. 

I’m not 100% sure if the Bulls should be selling at this deadline. We’ve got the talent and depth to make a run for the playoffs.

Our offense is crazy deep. If we overpower other defenses, it’ll surely give us the edge going forward.

Although I’ve been slowly collecting PIM like it’s nothing, I have been enjoying my time so far on the 3rd pairing. Incredibly proud to say that I’ve collected by first VHLM point and goal in the past week!

I love it. Everyone just seems to vibe with each other so well! It’s such a nice LR to be a part of. Special shoutout to @Sonnet and @GlowyGoat for being so welcoming when I first joined.

I’m looking forward to meet other young faces in the league, as well as playing with people from many different backgrounds. It’s going to be so much fun.

Personally, Theismann doesn’t need a lot in his locker to truly make it feel like his. However, he’s always got a picture of his dog hanging in the corner of it to remind him of home.

1) The trade deadline is coming up for the VHLM. Do you think the Bulls should buy, sell, or neither?

I think we are good as we are. The connection we have as a unit is REAL. 

Our team work. As I mentioned we are a real unit and our lines are quite fluid. It doesn’t matter if your first line or third line we all do our bit.

Yeh I mean I’m happy. I still feel like I can be even better though. There’s more improvement to come from me, trust me.

11/10. We have a real bond that goes beyond the ice. I know for a fact that other teams are envious of our locker room. We are a brotherhood here.

5) The World Junior Classic is coming up- what are you most looking forward to in regards to the tournament?

It’ll be interesting to see the talent on show. And hey, I’m a sucker for hockey. All hockey is good hockey.

A microphone. No, I’m joking. I guess my phone, I like to speak to my family back home before games sometimes. It’s reassuring to me. Mellows me out.

Neither, I think we are at a good spot right now. We should pick up some key players and get some new blood in through the draft.

Because other teams dont have a scot

pretty good but Jurri kinda overshadows it

10/10, thats 10 points better than halifax

me DESTROYING the competition 

one (1) box of lucky charms marshmallows 

Neither. We're a good squad and have a good chance of making it. A lot of chemistry in the locker room. Don't want to mess that up.

We have a really solid offense. Not many teams can handle our firepower.

I feel like I'm doing okay. Could definitely be doing better, but hopefully, I'll pick it up when playoffs come.

I'd say 2 times better than Halifax, but 0 times 2 is still 0. But yeah so far, 10/10

Just to see all the talent there. Love to see what they have to offer.

I always keep a sandwich in there. I change it up every so often. One day I'll have ham and cheese, the other I'll have a BLT. You never know when the hunger is gonna hit you. Always gotta be prepared.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.