What's in the suitcase? featuring Charlie Paddywagon [1/2]

DMaximus

What’s in the Suitcase?

Welcome to a new article called What’s in the Suitcase? The premise is simple, we chat with a professional hockey player to find out what’s in their suitcase. This is an exciting time of year for many young players who just got drafted. We reached out to Charlie Paddywagon, a draftee on the expansion team Philadelphia Reapers of the VHLM to ask: What’s in the Suitcase?

Charlie, we hear this is your first trip out of the state of New York. Is that true?

Yeah, actually I never thought of that until now, when you just asked me that question. I guess so, although I went to Canada a couple of times for hockey tournaments, does that count as a state?

No Canada is not a state. But, that means you have travelled out of the state of New York to the country of Canada.

Ok. Good.

You’re going to be moving and living in Philadelphia. I'm guessing you have probably got a pretty big suitcase packed?

Well it’s so big it’s more than one suitcase. So I guess no, I don’t have a big suitcase packed, more like a couple of normal sized suitcases, although one is bigger than the other, is that what you’re asking about? If that’s the case I would say I have a normal big suitcase and other normal suitcases, not just a pretty big suitcase.

Sounds good, thanks for the update on your suitcase sizes. Now let’s get down to the main question what’s in the suitcase?

So which suitcase are you asking about? Because there’s different stuff in each of them. Do you want me to tell you about the normal big one? Or just pick one at random and open it up? Or, I don’t know what you want, man.

I don’t think the question is as literal as you’re interpreting it. It’s meant as a general discussion point to get you to talk about some items you pack in your suitcase, which, in turn, gives us some insight into who you are. Any funny or quirky items are ideal.

Oh, ok so I have some t-shirts and socks.

I’m not sure you’re getting the point of this. How about you pick the 3 most important things you’ve packed and tell us about those?

Ok. Number 1 is my lucky tape roll. This was my first roll of tape I used in my second game. I didn’t use it in my first game because I didn’t know you could tape your pads and socks. But this kid Jimmy told me about it. So next game I got tape and used it. It was great. I keep using that same roll forever, it always travels with me.

I’m not sure I understand how that works. Hasn’t it run out of tape?

Well duh. I keep adding new tape to it. I buy a new tape roll, unroll the whole thing, then add it to my lucky tape roll.

Interesting. That seems like that is very time consuming. What’s item #2?

Item #2 is my diary.

Woah?! You keep a diary? Would you care to read us an entry?

Of course I keep a diary, doesn’t everyone?

I’ll read you my entry from today:

“Poured cereal into bowl from height of 17 inches. 6 pieces missed. Total pouring time 5.4 seconds.

Poured milk into bowl from height of 20 inches. Some splash hit kitty-kat. Not happy, but ultimately liked milk off self. Total pouring time 2.3 seconds.”

That’s amazing. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. What’s the 3rd item in your suitcase?

My dad’s gun. I take that with me everywhere.

Um, I don’t think you’re allowed to travel with that.

Are you going to stop me?

No. No I won’t.

Didn’t think so.

Charlie, thank you so much for taking the time out of this busy moment in your life to tell us "What’s in the suitcase?" Have a great day and good luck in Philadelphia.

Based on how this went, I’m not sure we’ll be doing this feature anymore. But hopefully you'll see another articled asking a player What’s in the Suitcase?

Note to others, if you wish to steal this format for your player, please do!

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to What's in the suitcase? featuring Charlie Paddywagon [1/2]