Award Ceremony Discussion Thread

Dil

26 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s okay, you got the one that really counts.

Yeah but like, was it for the sake of not having me getting the Wylde and the Labatte? Or Malenko not getting the Valiq and the Labatte? It just feels weird

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Just a heads up @DilIsPickle, since I can see your hidden posts. You’re missing the Boulet. Unless I’m blind.

I went by looking at all the headers I had. A fine individual by the name of @Quik didn’t send me that header :(

10 minutes ago, Bushito said:

And a 56 point Dman shouldn't win ROTY, lol

So who should?  Last I checked I was an all-around defenseman who was the only positive plus minus player on the team.  The leading point getter had one more point.

Wahl was mediocre..his senior had a .919 save percentage and didn't even win ROTY.  Sorry but not sorry, Sullivan and Randoms seasons were better than Wahl's

47 minutes ago, Advantage said:

So who should?  Last I checked I was an all-around defenseman who was the only positive plus minus player on the team.  The leading point getter had one more point.

Wahl was mediocre..his senior had a .919 save percentage and didn't even win ROTY.  Sorry but not sorry, Sullivan and Randoms seasons were better than Wahl's

Wahl wasn’t given a single vote. Needed a third candidate to put up there so I threw her in for kicks and giggles. It was 7 for RSJ and 1 for randoms

Edited by DilIsPickle

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Victor said:

Am I that popular? Hahaha.

M-V-P M-V-P

Honestly I wasn’t expecting MVP since a Victory cup winning player rarely takes it and there weren’t any major standout performances this season that were lone wolf type players. However it does seem odd you got MVP with no other awards, wonder how often that happens. Really though, can you not just go 1 bloody season without an award :P

Anyway, took me 10 players to hit 4 awards previous to Thompson and this season I take home 4 in a single year including my first Brooks and Slobo. I can’t complain too much about that.

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, DilIsPickle said:

I went by looking at all the headers I had. A fine individual by the name of @Quik didn’t send me that header :(

You also don’t have any of the team awards, did we not have headers made for those? Everyone knows them but they are still usually in there. I’ve moved the topic to its usual location and opened it up for discussion in there. What I’ll likely do is consolidate the posts into one later and include the team stuff.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Really though, can you not just go 1 bloody season without an award :P

S63 was pretty rough... Except the cup that was alright.

Also thanks for everyone who voted for me, and @.sniffuM for making the strongest case for Cast tbh - better than I had myself.

And good job presenting this @DilIsPickle - looks great.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

What I’ll likely do is consolidate the posts into one later and include the team stuff.

Yeah I assumed you'd post the classic version with the vote distribution too.

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, Victor said:

Also thanks for everyone who voted for me, and @.sniffuM for making the strongest case for Cast tbh - better than I had myself.

Damn you Muffins!

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

You also don’t have any of the team awards, did we not have headers made for those? Everyone knows them but they are still usually in there. I’ve moved the topic to its usual location and opened it up for discussion in there. What I’ll likely do is consolidate the posts into one later and include the team stuff.

Yeah I figured they weren’t needed for the Awards Show, since they’re team awards. I did make the Boulet Header though, so I’ll pop that into Dil’s post when I get to work.

Also, MJ got completely ignored in the Labatte, which is a little unfortunate. Most goals by any D-man (5 more than Wolfboy), only 6 points back, and fairly close in Hits/SB while being on a much better team.