Nacho Rookie [1/2]

Nacci25

Name:  Nacho

Birthplace: Buffalo NY

Height:  6'3"

Weight:  187 Lbs

Position:  Center

Shoots:  Left

Nacho..the rookie with no last name grew up in the blue collared city of Buffalo NY. Growing up with an NHL team in the city and being so close to Canada you'd think every kid from this city would be a hockey player. But only the toughest, skilled, motivated make it through the cut. And fortunately for Nacho he is one of those kids. He really made a name for himself being a "Junior Sabre" as a kid. eventually gaining the opportunity with a scholarship to Princeton started playing college hockey. Now being drafted 43rd overall by the Halifax 21st, he's one step closer to every hockey players dream.

Strengths

Puck Handling: The way this kid can move the puck and be able to fend of defenders in the attacking zone is incredible. With this strength, it allows him to be able to make moves and make plays accordingly to his other teammates.

Scoring: Is there any other way in saying that this kid can SCORE! The ability to pick out line of sight and pinpoint accuracy of holes the opposing goal keeper is leaving is insane. If he scores..you'll know. The tendie usually doesn't even know what hit him

Defense: Last but not least, defense. It's uncommon for a forward to..you know..play a defensive roll. But in this case Nacho has the ice covered. It's like this kid can play any position! The other team has the puck coming through the neutral zone? "I'll take that"! 

Weaknesses

Fighting: Nacho is more of the skilled "lets shoot the puck" kind of player rather than a "lets drop em". This comes from the winning attitude he has. He feels if there is no need to fight...don't take the 5 minute major when you could be on the ice making plays and scoring goals.

Strength: Though this kid for 18 years young is 6'3" and almost 200 pounds, you'd think this would be in the strength column. Just like fighting, Nacho believes the only time aggressiveness should be dealt is if it's dealt upon himself or his mates. Winning is this mans primary goal

Stamina: Nacho has always been a great top 6 center but one thing that holds him back is his stamina. Although being on the top lines with other FWD's having better stamina and play time, he tries his hardest to keep up, make plays and get points. Having this issue since he started playing Nacho plans on working on this through the rest of the off-season and throughout training camp week-to-week. 

Overall Nacho seems like a diamond in the rough. some pros with some cons. cons can always be worked on as well as the pros being maintained. with only a few days before the season starts hopefully he can get these issues fixed if not close to the top standard of the Halifax 21st! Scouts have doubted this kid for a while, being the new comer he is, Nacho feels he will prove all of the doubters wrong and HOPEFULLY help win Halifax's first cup in the history of the franchise!

Good luck Nacho, do great things!

xL5J306.png

Edited by Nacci25
add picture

Review: Great detailed profile and awesome playing card. I liked your addition of the brief bio before and bit about cons at the end. Looks like you put forth quite a bit of time and effort and makes it seem like you'll be around for the long haul. If we ever find ourselves on the same team I can put the puck on the tape if you're the finishing type!

I wanted to review a few rookie profiles of people that joined around the same time as me so I can see how I am stacking up against my fellow rookie classmates. Hope to get to know you more during the S65!