S64 World Cup Indexes

Devise

12 minutes ago, Devise said:

Yep. I'm working on it as we speak. 

I'm going to get this in before I've seen any results, so it's clear that I feel this way whether things change or not: re-sims are fucking bullshit.

Edited by Hybrid1486

38 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Who is working on prediction points?

There you go, usually someone has that but it wouldn't shock me if most with access aren't aware they can do that in the portal. Anyway. 

@Hybrid1486 I agree, but it's been rough going with STHS for this tournament. I've already apologized and am working on making rosters/stuff go forward. I'm just happy it's for the round robin and not the elimination games. But in this instance considering Scandinavia's starter was a scratch when he should of been playing, not really much can be done it has to be re-simmed. 

Edited by Devise

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

There you go, usually someone has that but it wouldn't shock me if most with access aren't aware they can do that in the portal. Anyway. 

@Hybrid1486 I agree, but it's been rough going with STHS for this tournament. I've already apologized and am working on making rosters/stuff go forward. I'm just happy it's for the round robin and not the elimination games. But in this instance considering Scandinavia's starter was a scratch when he should of been playing, not really much can be done it has to be re-simmed. 

I understand it was an honest mistake, and my problem isn't with Scandinavia's games being re-simmed, it's the other 15 games that didn't involve Scandinavia being re-simmed that I have a problem with. Is there really not a way to just re-do the games in question?

Just now, Hybrid1486 said:

I understand it was an honest mistake, and my problem isn't with Scandinavia's games being re-simmed, it's the other 15 games that didn't involve Scandinavia being re-simmed that I have a problem with. Is there really not a way to just re-do the games in question?

Negative. It won't even just be a re-sim it'll also be an entirely new schedule. Re-simming means going back to a previous version of the index in question. If I wasn't in a hurry last night and wasn't already annoyed spending time trying to make sure players were updated correctly (which I've now since figured out on the second go around, lol) I'd of normally saved a version of my index before the simming was done. But I overwrote it. Which meant that I had to go back to square one and redo it all again, re-add players to teams, remake schedules, the whole nine.

But normally you'd be able to go back to a point where the other team would be happy with their goalie playing. You'd still see the games that don't involve Scandinavia up to a point being resimmed regardless because VHL only sims per days, so in days where 4 games were simmed that would all have to get redone. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Negative. It won't even just be a re-sim it'll also be an entirely new schedule. Re-simming means going back to a previous version of the index in question. If I wasn't in a hurry last night and wasn't already annoyed spending time trying to make sure players were updated correctly (which I've now since figured out on the second go around, lol) I'd of normally saved a version of my index before the simming was done. But I overwrote it. Which meant that I had to go back to square one and redo it all again, re-add players to teams, remake schedules, the whole nine.

But normally you'd be able to go back to a point where the other team would be happy with their goalie playing. You'd still see the games that don't involve Scandinavia up to a point being resimmed regardless because VHL only sims per days, so in days where 4 games were simmed that would all have to get redone. 

That’s a lot of work! 

Thank you!

Wouldn’t be getting done if it weren’t for you. 

Okay bumping this. 

World Cup GM's

@Jubo07

@Hybrid1486

@Nykonax

@Eudaldkp

@Tagger

@oilmandan

The resim has occurred. For now I've only re-simmed the first day of the tournament ergo 3 game days. I'm going to be starting the Medal round tomorrow so this is your heads up due to the scheduling issues/sim issues that you should be submitting to me your lines for the rest of the Round Robin. I'll give an updated index for submissions for the single elimination medal round games when we get there. The email is in the original post here as is the index with the new schedule for who you face for the rest of the Round Robin. I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience during this and can promise that we'll run into less issues next time. 

The rest of the round robin will be simmed later tonight, I'm going to give it some time to try to let GM's get lines in and back up's played if need be. Thanks again. 

5 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I'm going to get this in before I've seen any results, so it's clear that I feel this way whether things change or not: re-sims are fucking bullshit.

I normally agree to a point that resims should be avoided as much as possible but since the issue was pretty significant and the simmer was at fault (and given the inability to just individually resim the games in question), it's the best course of action here.

Slipher just gonna have to beastmode again ? 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:32 PM, Devise said:

Okay bumping this. 

World Cup GM's

@Jubo07

@Hybrid1486

@Nykonax

@Eudaldkp

@Tagger

@oilmandan

The resim has occurred. For now I've only re-simmed the first day of the tournament ergo 3 game days. I'm going to be starting the Medal round tomorrow so this is your heads up due to the scheduling issues/sim issues that you should be submitting to me your lines for the rest of the Round Robin. I'll give an updated index for submissions for the single elimination medal round games when we get there. The email is in the original post here as is the index with the new schedule for who you face for the rest of the Round Robin. I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience during this and can promise that we'll run into less issues next time. 

The rest of the round robin will be simmed later tonight, I'm going to give it some time to try to let GM's get lines in and back up's played if need be. Thanks again. 

Bump. Index for the Medal Round is up. GM's feel free to get lines in for the elimination portion of the tournament, thanks! 

26 minutes ago, Devise said:

Bump. Index for the Medal Round is up. GM's feel free to get lines in for the elimination portion of the tournament, thanks! 

I assume that we can just do nothing and keep things as-is? If not I can do them before work in the morning...

3 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I assume that we can just do nothing and keep things as-is? If not I can do them before work in the morning...

Yep as always if I have your most recent line file and your happy with it it'll be inputted in the event I don't receive anything.