41   C - Scead Simmons 42   SWE Scead Simmons
42   LW - Kaz Uzu 36   CAN Kazuzu
43   G - Evgeny Rapinsky 36   RUS Bonaventure
44   C - Stray 34 YUK CAN Stray Games
45   LW - Billy Kimber 34 HFX CAN Dingle
46   D - Brett Ewing 32 SSK GER kegoo11
47   LW - Colum ODowd 32   IRE sour_chin_music

1 Carles Puigdemont New York Americans (C) 351 TPE

This pick won't come as a surprise to anyone. The fact that the New York Americans get to pick first again shouldn't come as a surprise either. Hopefully, they can take advantage of that and, just like Riga these last 2 seasons, they can start competing soon and stay at the top for a while. The Americans are at the very end of their rebuilding process. They can count on one of the best goaltenders in the league in Ismond Kingfisher, they boast an elite first defensive pair with Joseph McWolf and Ryan Sullivan Jr, and they recently traded for Leph Twinger and Vaydar Odinsson, who join their young forward core of Dan Wilinsky, Joel Ylonen and Matthew Materazo. Adding Carles Puigdemont gives more depth to the team down the middle next season and secures them long-term with a number once center, a role once promised for Shawinganen, then for Ylonen, but the former is now inactive and the latter's TPE earning has slowed a bit. 

2 Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen HC Davos Dynamo (D) 323 TPE

Another fairly easy pick to determine. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen is the 2nd ranked prospect ahead of the draft, sitting 28 TPE behind Puigdemont, but 74 ahead of Dallas Jones in third. The Dynamo aren't set at any position, so anything will help. A defenseman makes the most sense though, as they lost Jacob Smith to retirement this offseason. Werbenjagermanjensen would join Alvaro Jokinen and Piotr Jerwa to solidify what looks like a future promising defensive core. I'll admit, I almost had Brady Stropko Jr here. He might pass Smitty in TPE during his career, but being the player of a fellow GM, he comes with some risks. You know Bushito is going to try and get Stropko for his own team at some point, so Shawn does the better move for Davos, and he goes with the best ranked defenseman in this class.

3 Brady Stropko Jr Calgary Wranglers (D) 222 TPE

I just talked about him and, surprise, the next pick belongs to the Wranglers. There is absolutely no way Bushito doesn't take his own player with this pick. It makes sense for the team, as they are lacking a fast-earning defenseman to be their future blueline star. Plus, by picking his own player, Bushito doesn't have to try and guess a new member's personality, determine if they're the type of players to jump from a team to another in quests for cups, or if they're going to be loyal even through rough seasons. Stropko Jr will never give you up, he will never let you down. He'll join a welfaring Lando Baxter as the team is in for possibly another rough season.

4 Elasmobranch Fish Vancouver Wolves (D) 207 TPE

This one got me scratching my head for a while. The top 3 is pretty safe in my opinion, so this is where it gets a bit harder to pick. I thought about putting Gritty here, which would have given him a massive jump from my first mock draft, where I had selected in the middle of the 2nd round. It was a bit disrespectful, but that was my take on it at the time. Time has passed and I now think Gritty is legit. He's not the player I ended up sending to Vancouver though, as I do believe Beaviss will be looking for a solid defenseman with this pick. That's where Elasmobranch Fish comes in. A solid two-way defenseman that can help solidify Vancouver's blueline squad in the very season where they lose both Colton Rayne and Casey Jones to retirements. He'll be joining (now inactive, but still very solid) Samuel Gate and Jagger Philliefan in what promises to be a future solid 3-man defensive core.

5 Roll Fizzlebeef Calgary Wranglers from RIG (C) 224 TPE

I have limited knowledge of relationships between members of the VHL, especially when it comes to old school members. I don't know who likes who, who hates who. When it comes to sister leagues, I'm even more off the loop. But, through the vines, I learned that Bushito was also a GM for the New York Herd in the EFL. And guess who's also a GM in the EFL? Right, TacticalHammer. This isn't the only reason I have Calgary selecting Roll Fizzlebeef with the 5th pick, but it makes me think it's a good fit right off the bat (unless they hate each other over there, then I have no idea). After taking his own defenseman 2 picks earlier, the Wranglers follow up with a forward that will help bring back some life in this mostly inactive forward core. He'll join Oleksiy Revchenko, Diljodh Starload and Joey Boucher in their quest for future Continental Cups.

6 Gritty Calgary Wranglers from MOS (C) 244 TPE

A second selection in a row for Calgary and a third out of the first six pick. I see the team going back with another forward already. They do need help all over, but selecting Gritty here makes sense. As shown right before, the Wranglers' roster only boasts 3 active forwards at the moment, 4 if they select one out of their first two selections, which is probably what's going to happen, let's be honest. It's on the low side, so they add the best available forward in Gritty. Now, I've mentionned it before, eaglesfan has an history of losing motivation for his player and just dropping them soon during their career, but he also had incredible players a while back. I was doubtful about Gritty, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, as I think he's way more invested in him than he was in Chat or King Gow, two recent early retirements of his.

7 Dallas Jones HC Davos Dynamo from SEA (D) 249 TPE

And we go straight to another member with a questionable recent history. Trifecta has made it a habit to retire his players midway through their first season. Created at the deadline of Season 63, Dallas Jones is easily his player with the longest career in the past 4 seasons or so. Which is basically the only reason I see him drop to 7th because, just like it is the case with Gritty, I think Trifecta is truly motivated with this player of his. But you gotta ask yourself if the risk is worth it. He might surprise everyone and bring Jones to the full 8 seasons. Or he could surprise only a couple and retire midway through next season. Or it could be anything in between. That being said, disregarding worries about early retirement possibilities, getting Jones makes sense for Davos. He's the 2nd ranked defenseman at the moment and the best available player at this pick. He'd be joining Jokinen, Jerwa and Smittywerbenmanjensen on the blueline, as the team's offensive core already features future potential elite players in Elias Dahlberg, Pat Svoboda, Rylan Peace and John Madden.

8 Matthew Kai Vancouver Wolves from HSK (RW) 197 TPE

After going with a defenseman earlier in the round, Vancouver balances it out with a forward with the 8th pick. They don't exactly need forward at the moment, but I just don't see Beaviss passing a future stud like Matthew Kai. His career started out slow, but he's been earning TPE at a crazy rate, recently, moving up in these rankings every update or so. It will be hard for him to push for a job this year, however, as the Wolves' depth chart has Beau Louth, Rauno Palo, Marvin Harding, Jake Davis, Konstantin Mulligan and Jorgon Weyed ahead of him. I heard rumours of a forward of theirs switching to defenseman though, which would open a second line spot for Kai, as well as ease the transition after losing both Rayne and Jones this offseason.

9 Bald Guy Vancouver Wolves from TOR (D) 203 TPE

Following up is, yes, another Vancouver Wolves selection. We talked about it already, they need defensemen the most because of the double retirements. Bald Guy has been a steady earner all season, getting around 10 TPE every week (except this week, but he still has 3 days to make it happen, that's more time than I have left to pull this mock draft up.) Guy went nearly point-per-game in the VHLM, adding over 100 shots blocked, securing his reputation as a solid two-way defenseman.

10 Anthony Matthews Helsinki Titans from DAV (C) 177 TPE

Finally, a new team. The first round was very Calgary, Vancouver, Davos heavy, as they combine for 8 of the first 9 selections of this draft. Helsinki Titans will select their first player with the first pick of the second round, adding Anthony Matthews to their strong forward core of Vesto Slipher, Julian Borwinn, Kronos Bailey, Dan Montgomery and Roctrion King. Matthews has an interesting playmaker build, which we rarely see, but it can be pretty effective when paired with snipers, so basically everyone else on the Titans roster bar Montgomery.

11 Mitch Matthews Riga Reign from NYA (D) 198 TPE

Another new team, this is exciting. Starting with last year's mock draft, I kinda hate trying to guess what Riga will select, because the team is deep with roster players, deep in prospects but is also pretty much in cap hell so, really, whoever they end up picking might actually be with them only for straight up trade value. Or they'll trade someone more expansive to make room for them. For this reason, I simply choose the easy way out and I give them the best player available, Mitch Matthews at 198 TPE. They got 2 full defense pairings already, with Ryan Kastelic, Shawn Glade, Dylan Nguyen and Bolt Vanderhuge sharing blueline time, so it's probably not the way it will go, but really, it's either they get Matthews or they voluntarily draft a guy with less TPE just so they can keep him down one more season while their cap situation gets taken care of.

12 Denver Wolfe Helsinki Titans from CAL (D) 175 TPE

Helsinki had the 10th selection and now they're getting back to back picks. Their forward group was highlighted, now it's turn for their defensive group. It only has two players, Sidney Crosby and Jesse Wilson, but both are pushing to become household names. Adding any defenseman to that pair would pretty much make it a threat everytime 2 of the 3 are one the ice. Good thing Denver isn't just any welfaring defenseman; he's been earning 10 capped TPE every week, which will make him a solid defenseman to add to what the Titans already have in the close future. Watchout for them making other trips to the Continental Cups final soon enough.

13 Fylo Gibbles Helsinki Titans from VAN (D) 136 TPE

Helsinki picks again, and they get another defenseman. This time, I have them taking a player who's a bit back in his development, but mainly because he joined rather recently. Now, 136 TPE might seem like a big drop from the other available players bit side, but Gibbles has been earning TPE at a pretty good rate since joining, potentially giving him more value than other draftees with more current TPE but a worse rate. There's also a big drop in TPE between Gibbles and the next best defenseman (I only have one other defenseman ranked in this mock draft, picked 26th overall). Considering the Titans only have two roster defensmen, it makes sense for them to load up on them right now. 

14 Jack Lynch Vancouver Wolves from RIG (RW) 192 TPE

Jack Lynch has a strong offensive build that could help with scoring from the 2nd or 3rd line of every thing. We already established that Vancouver doesn't need that much help up front, so Lynch would be joining them as a depth piece for this season but, if the change of scenery helped the team even only in the slightest, they might be in contention for Cups for one or two more sesons before they have to drop most of their assets.

15 Joe Nixon Moscow Menace (G) 230 TPE

The historical first pick in the history of the Moscow Menace. An exciting time for this new franchise, a time where they can set themselves up with a loyal player that will stick through the first couple of years with them before he get to be a star for them when the good time comes. The Menace already has an interesting roster, filled with prospects that weren't developping fast enough to grant protection from their original team. They now have depth-level players at every position, with a handful of them potentially becoming worthy first liners. They do lack in one crucial department, however: in front of the nets. Which is a good thing because, like every year, there are a bunch of top ranked goaltenders that slip way down the draft because teams don't need them much. I see the Menace picking the first goalie of this season's draft with the 15th pick: Joe Nixon.

16 Matteo HC Davos Dynamo from SEA (LW) 149 TPE

After picking 2 defensemen in the first round, the Dynamo adds more depth up front with their 2nd rounder. The team has excellent prospects up ahead, with Elias Dahlberg, Rylan Peace, John Madden poised and Pat Svoboda poised to be future stars in this league. The Swiss team can also count on Connor McDavid in more of a depth role. Matteo would join this already solid group of young guns, as they slowly but surely work their way out of this rebuilding process.

17 Viktor Kozlov Helsinki Titans (C) 186 TPE

Helsinki's 4th selection of the 2nd round is a second forward. I see them getting Viktor Kozlov here. It might be cocky to have him drop a bit like that, but Kozlov's base build is that of an enforcer. He recently started putting some more points in passing and scoring, making him a bit more of an offensive threat. The main reason I see him ending up in Helsinki is because of his connection with Sonnet, the team's current goaltender. Quik wants Sonnet to stay on the team for his whole career, so he makes him happy and drafts his bro to his team.

18 Teagan Glover Vancouver Wolves from TOR (C) 137 TPE

It's been established already, the Wolves don't need offense all that much, but if they draft 2 defensemen in the first round, they probably won't need defense much either. And they got Iseult in net for a while still. They're in a good place now, and should compete for a couple other seasons. Adding Teagan Glover here just provides them with a safe depth player for future seasons. He's mostly been welfaring, but recently broke his piggy bank and got in some donations to get a bit more TPE. I trust that he'll continue at that rate and provide nice depth to this solid forward core.

19 David Harrison Riga Reign from DAV (C) 129 TPE

The Riga Reign adds more depth up front with the first pick of the third round. David Harrison is not a flashy pick by any mean, but he looks like a rather safe one. He's mostly been welfaring, getting between 4 and 8 capped TPE every week. Riga don't need him right away, but he'll be ready to step up to the big leagues next season, when Riga's salary cap might be a bit more under control.

20 Brian Strong Calgary Wranglers from NYA (RW) 87 TPE

I talked earlier about the Wranglers getting Fizzlebeef because Bushito and TacticalHammer both GM in the EFL. Guess who else GMs there? Yes, Wheaties. Brian Strong might only be at 87 TPE, but it's mainly because he joined at the awkward time right before the trade deadline. He's been getting TPE at a steady pace since joining, He'll help Calgary with depth up front, joining guys like Revchenko, Starload, Boucher and Fizzlebeef, who was picked a bit earlier.

21 Milan Griffin Moscow Menace from CAL (LW) 89 TPE

Moscow's 2nd pick of this draft. As mentionned before, the Menace surprisingly enters their first season with a nice crop of active, semi-active players, that will make a great depth for the team for years to come. Some of these guys might even get to the level where they're core players more than depth players. At pick #21, there are no real stars left, but drafting Milan Griffin assures the team will have one more depth player in development for the future.

22 Justin Cole Vancouver Wolves (G) 162 TPE

I wouldn't say the Wolves really need anything at this point. We noted their need for defensemen earlier and the fact that they didn't need much forwards, considering they have an elite offensive group already. They are probably not in the market for a quick fix in front of the net either, but adding a solid prospect isn't a stupid idea. While they still Tristan Iseult for a couple of years, he is entering the regressing part of his career, which makes him the oldest starter in the league right now. Adding Justin Cole now means leaving him in the VHLM this season and having him as a backup to Iseult for two years after that. He'd enter Season 68 as a solid replacement for a retiring Iseult. Probably not the career plan he had, but considering the other teams' need (or lack of) for goaltenders, there might not be a better option for him right now.

23 Don Draper Riga Reign (RW) 90 TPE

Another depth player for Riga. Don Draper won't make it to the show before at least one more season at his current pace. But Riga has no opening on the team for at least one more season. Everything fits  for Riga with selections this late in the draft and, if they can continue to find studs in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the drafts, they'll keep on being great.

24 Callum MacElroy Helsinki Titans from MOS (RW) 54 TPE

Helsinki adds depth here and gets one of the last active players of the draft. Callum MacElroy only has 54 TPE to himself, but he's been pretty active since the VHLM Draft that saw him get picked by Houston, the team GM'd by Sonnet, Helsinki's goaltender. See? It goes full circle. I don't know what Sonnet did to him to bring him back, but I guess he recommended him to Quik and this happens.

25 Orion Slade Seattle Bears (C) 167 TPE

Toxic Robbie Z slips down in the draft, not because Orion Slade isn't a good player, but because of his potentially locker room splitting personality. That's pretty much all there is to it. Orion Slade development dipped a tiny bit later in the season, but he'll still be a pretty good player. If Banackock can manage to not let him destroy the locker room atmosphere, he's getting a steal here.

26 Benson Van Roosen New York Americans for HSK (D) 74 TPE

Well. The New York Americans are set for a huge step up this season. They will go from a bottom-of-the-league teams to one of the best teams. The only thing they'd need immediately is more veterans to help straight up this season. Sadly, there are no veterans available in the draft. And there aren't really any more active players. Spade just goes with one of many IA skaters and adds Benson Van Roosen to his prosect pull.

27 Chase HC Davos Dynamo from TOR (G) 154 TPE

A third goaltender selected in this draft already, and we're only in the third round. I'm mad right? Chase has been earning TPE at a solid rate since he joined, At this point, Davos has the choice between drafting an inactive skater that will never ever do anything in the big leagues or draft a goalie that will probably only be his backup for a while, but that at least is still active in the league. Shawn picks the goalie, and he can give his starter some more resting days in the future (yes, this is a thing), as Chase replaces Stoffiday and Mertz down the line, following a pattern of goalies that end up going inactive in Davos.

This is what concludes this mock draft. 3 rounds out of 4. The rest is a crapshoot, there's no active from the rest of the prospects. Feel free to discuss my terrible choices and show me what your mock draft would look like.

Spoiler

@Fire Hakstol @Tim @TacticalHammer @Eudaldkp @eaglesfan036 @Arch Stanton @Jad @jastep @Canadian_allstar @Viperxhawks19 @dgibs @Trifecta @speck1447 @Ryan Faid @Universe @Heckefar @nathan855mckay @Blades500 @Nizzx @lepavaa @Troix @Vijay Patel @Dallaszeek @Canucks23 @tjmckenna22 @Ckbruinfan @FBR @sboopy @Hawzy @Bated @Chesterfield @Skull @Maladus42 @Ninenine222 @Paul Wilkinson @kegoo11 @Chuck @Fevan @huntax0 @Gimmix @Gablae @Bonzaijoe @IgorPetrovic @murdockdm @Palmtoptiger @Foyboydahgoat @Brolaski @Halfchubfightclub @Harold McTaggart @Everlast73 @Bucky___lastard @btrav @Felixf21 @Jimmy October @Thomas Wilson @Gabella19 @MaceDouglas @mattymoo271 @Abdul Razzaq @Slappy1039 @SkeddaniusJunior @xsjack @Kuch9 @largenarbo @Szimanski @jrdwdmn @nawkturnal @Luke Allman @Erebrew @Chase Klein @NIKEJWN @Antone10 @Infernal @Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Cmk_ @Bandit @Scead Simmons @Kyler Kuzar @wuma @SpartanGibbles @Snowflyer @GlowyGoat @Mrhockey26 @Connor mcdavid @Mirgri @Bonaventure @Gav56789 @tyler brown @Wheaties

Edited by McWolf

56 minutes ago, McWolf said:

25 Orion Slade Seattle Bears (C) 167 TPE

Toxic Robbie Z slips down in the draft, not because Orion Slade isn't a good player, but because of his potentially locker room splitting personality. That's pretty much all there is to it. Orion Slade development dipped a tiny bit later in the season, but he'll still be a pretty good player. If Banackock can manage to not let him destroy the locker room atmosphere, he's getting a steal here.

@BluObieZ any defense?

10 hours ago, McWolf said:

22 Justin Cole Vancouver Wolves (G) 162 TPE

I wouldn't say the Wolves really need anything at this point. We noted their need for defensemen earlier and the fact that they didn't need much forwards, considering they have an elite offensive group already. They are probably not in the market for a quick fix in front of the net either, but adding a solid prospect isn't a stupid idea. While they still Tristan Iseult for a couple of years, he is entering the regressing part of his career, which makes him the oldest starter in the league right now. Adding Justin Cole now means leaving him in the VHLM this season and having me as a backup to Iseult for two years after that. He'd enter Season 68 as a solid replacement for a retiring Iseult. Probably not the career plan he had, but considering the other teams' need (or lack of) for goaltenders, there might not be a better option for him right now.

Italticized what I assume to be a mistake? When you said me, I assume you mean Cole and not yourself, right?

As for "not the career plan had," I expect to spend some time not playing in the VHL, that's just the state of goalies right now. Since I'd have to wait pretty much wherever I went anyway, A place with a soon to be retired guy would be a great landing spot.

Edited by WhiteMocha

40 minutes ago, WhiteMocha said:

Italticized what I assume to be a mistake? When you said me, I assume you mean Cole and not yourself, right?

As for "not the career plan had," I expect to spend some time not playing in the VHL, that's just the state of goalies right now. Since I'd have to wait pretty much wherever I went anyway, A place with a soon to be retired guy would be a great landing spot.

I did mean you, not me. This was the last bit I wrote before saying fuck off and going to bed at 3am so it was bound to be a tiny bit fucked. But yeah, Vancouver or Moscow are good landing spots for goalies right now, you and Nixon will be gucci