S65 VHL Entry Draft

Nykonax

Matt Bailey, the GM of the year takes the stage and says

“First of all, thank you to the awesome city of Vancouver for hosting this event, thanks to my multi @Quik, and thanks to those who supported me for GM of the year. Anyways, with Helsinki’s first pick of the draft we are very happy to select Bald Guy."

4edpw6U.png

@Galdoblame

Shawn Glade takes the podium, thinking he’s safe this time. But as he starts to talk another voice, not his starts talking.

“I love anime body pillows covered in ketchup and mustard!”

Glade looks around very confused, and spots a hysterical Dahlberg talking into the real microphone! Glade is furious and after the tech team fixes this issue he says

“First, Dahlberg your benched. Second, with the last pick of the 2nd round, we are very very happy to select Jack Lynch. We’ve been watching him in Ottawa for a while now and are excited for his development.”

v3oj7p.png

@xsjack                  

IelGHfpyMYtukAGlD1RASNQ_9NqbZuFEKQURXUOZwx3ZIdKIGkEgFqia8T9rCi95sZrgz3qFF4LF38Vs8vTpP-FMr2P7lR4SPdk9Mv5c7sRWcXppQwm5158swVKlXppBCrjN04I

Welcome back to the Analyst Panel, where we’ll be discussing more of the picks and getting the opinions of some of the players. First we’ll discuss the Leph Twinger trade though. This one is a big one. NYA seems to be gunning for it now, after thinking they got enough pieces for a run, and Twinger just adds to the offensive powerhouse that they’ve formed through the draft. They’ve paid a 1st and two 2nds for him, and if this doesn’t go well for them they aren’t in too good of a position on picks to recover. Overall I think they’ve overpaid a bit for him, but if they can get a cup then its all worth it.

Next up we’ve interviewed Brady Stropko Jr. and Hedge, the 3rd overall pick of the draft, and the Riga GM respectively

''So, the reasoning of that trade with Calgary was simple. We were facing a trouble with the cap. And we even had to sell Leph Twinger. And I figured it out I couldn't pick a draftee at 5 for the same reason so I just decided to sell this pick. After some short talks with Calgary we made this swap. I'm perfectly fine with this since I'm more focused on the S66 draft now.'' - Hedge on the 5th overall pick trade, and the Twinger trade

''Another move that was made by the cap situation. I checked draftees that were left after 10th pick, but couldn't find a player who wouldn't pass a 200 TPE mark before the VHLM cutoff. Anthony Matthews was that guy that I was searching for. He has a good activity both in forums and discord and he will likely stay in minors next season. Which means our cap is under control.'' - Hedge on picking Anthony Matthews

"When my father was in the VHL playing for the Bears I always thought I would follow in his footsteps but being drafted by Calgary is a blessing. The team has been winning a lot recently and they have a knack for developing strong players. I have every bit of faith I will win a cup there and go on to the Hall Of Fame when I end my career." - Stropko Jr.

Next up w-- oh? I’m getting word that we have a trade to announce between the Helsinki Titans and the Calgary Wranglers.