Orion Drafted much to his shock [1/2]

BluObieZ

Orion Slade the current and last king of controversy was drafted by Helsinki. Orion and his agent Robbie Zimmers tried their best to make sure that Orion would not get drafted so he would be the master of his destiny. The problem here is not who drafted him, because Helsinki actually is a cup contender so after this season in the VHLM Orion will be on a cup contending team. This issue is that Orion now is locked into a three year deal, with a player option on the third year and that goes against what Robbie had planned for his player. "I wanted him to not sign with a VHL team this season. For him to build up the Orion mythology in the VHLM then hit free agency next season. Where teams would be begging him to come over and play for them. Helsinki threw a wrench into that plan. I thought going into the third round that teams got the note that he does not want to be drafted. But the Helsinki GM wanted to take a flier on him in hopes that he would sign on the dotted line. Which... He will. Some might laugh that he wen't int he third round but that was totally our doing. What you should be laughing at is that he was drafted. It's quite the sad day for the Robbie Agency when the player you setup to not get drafted. Gets drafted"

The whole PO on the 3rd year of the contract saves the whole "plan" for Orion. The plan is that he would play for a new team each year that he is in the league. Hell he is even switching his VHLM team, even though he would have loved to stay in Las Vegas. But Helsinki poses an interesting opportunity right from the hop. A chance to win a cup in back to back seasons, if the season stays on it's current course Orion may enter the league in S66 and win ROTY and the cup. Which will lead to an interesting scenario where he would decline his PO or pick it up and stay for yet another cup run. Which technically would go against the plan. But plans are oft changed up when something happens. Well this plan can be changed because Orion's ultimate plan is to see how many cups he can win during his career. Let his agent retire with an even higher cup count then he already has right now. 

To say what he or what his agent makes him do in two seasons time is a shot in the dark at best. To say that it will be a wild and interesting ride would be a more accurate assumption. This is the literal beginning of the end for one the most interesting agencies in the VHL. But it is the beginning of the end for one the people that lots may celebrate the day he leaves. I wouldn’t shock me that day will be celebrated every year with free TPE. Till then enjoy what’s coming or don’t I really don’t care. Oh. Calgary sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Orion Drafted much to his shock [1/2]