Few Portal bugs

Matt_O

In the portal, I was doing some research for the VHFL. I noticed with almost every player in the VHL, their stats from S64 showed up twice. Example: 

64 (NYA) 72 18 62 80 -7 216 122 205 189 3 8 0
64 (NYA) 72 18 62 80 -7 216 122 205 189 3 8 0
63 (NYA) 72 6 58 64 -25 98 126 257 196 0 4 0

This isn't a big deal, just a little bug maybe. There is also an issue where it only shows my S63 stats, not my S64 ones. This also applies to other rookies too, where the same situation happened. Overall not a big deal but just a little odd.

I also had an idea for TPE earnin. Basically when the NHL playoffs start, the NHL has a bracket challenge. The VHL should set up a group and have members submit their bracket. At the end of the playoffs, whoever has the most points total can win uncapped TPE. 

For example:

If you get all first round series correct: 2 TPE

If you get all first round series correct + games played: 3 TPE (Not 5 in total, just 3 total)

As each round is over, the rewards are higher and higher. We could also just do it so participating is +1, and if you finish top 5 or top 10 (depending on how many people do it) You can get uncapped TPE.

• Commissioner

The first one for sure but also maybe the second will fix itself when the new season starts. It happens when we go into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Matt_O said:

I also had an idea for TPE earnin. Basically when the NHL playoffs start, the NHL has a bracket challenge. The VHL should set up a group and have members submit their bracket. At the end of the playoffs, whoever has the most points total can win uncapped TPE. 

For example:

If you get all first round series correct: 2 TPE

If you get all first round series correct + games played: 3 TPE (Not 5 in total, just 3 total)

As each round is over, the rewards are higher and higher. We could also just do it so participating is +1, and if you finish top 5 or top 10 (depending on how many people do it) You can get uncapped TPE.

This used to be a thing years ago, but I don't think anybody runs it anymore...I believe there was some TPE inflation concern, but that was in the days when a) TPE inflation was a concern and b) we used to run a shit-ton of TPE contests like fantasy football and March Madness...I remember the NHL playoff one surviving when those were culled, not sure why it isn't a thing anymore (or maybe it is and I just don't remember it last season)

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I remember the NHL playoff one surviving when those were culled, not sure why it isn't a thing anymore (or maybe it is and I just don't remember it last season)

Because our seasons run faster than the NHL season so there was no NHL playoffs last season. The last playoffs we had one. I remember because I specifically did better than I’ve ever done in them because I actually believed in Washington.

Its still a thing. Just by its nature it won’t be every season.