DAV/SEA: S64 off-season

VHL Bot

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

It’s a hard deal but yep. The price was much less before I landed the 2 FA’s that every single team wanted. Once I got them on and had cap issue, he knew I needed to make a deal.

At the end of the day, I want to win a cup - not a lottery this season. Everyone picked us to be on the outside, looking further out and we found a way to add 2 big players, move cap and managed to maintain our roster build. Jerwa is a great player and as Penny’s new GM stated 200 times, he’s “inactive” etc. Malenko and Penny are amazing and it was tough to move. This deal was heavily steep, but the asset coming back was better than the alternative deals where I’d move someone else and be left with voids. 

If I wasn’t below cap, I’d be losing Ironside and fucking over Thompson and everyone else. Can’t really comment on the deal until we see results...

but looking at Seattles roster before the draft and now... it went from a possible forced rebuild to a high contender.. in my eyes anyway! 

Let's get this bread. If you are going to be straight up and honest with me I don't see why Jerwa couldn't be a Bear for the rest of his career. He is going to be better than Malenko anyway in a season or two.

• Victor changed the title to DAV/SEA: S64 off-season
1 minute ago, majesiu said:

Let's get this bread. If you are going to be straight up and honest with me I don't see why Jerwa couldn't be a Bear for the rest of his career. He is going to be better than Malenko anyway in a season or two.

I’ve known of your activity from the PBE etc. When I seen you were available some time ago, i was interested. When I knew of our FA plans and that Ironside and Thompson both were coming (I knew relatively quickly into FA), you were a piece that I wanted to bring on.

TPE whore in other leagues, disgruntled member in Davos, and cheap. Also tons of potential. Sucks moving Malenko, but it’s the name of the game. I never really like trading anyone. It’s always tough.

but again, I held off on the trade to not scare off FA’s. That drove up the price. At the end of the day, HUGE price to pay - but we have a pretty great roster. Not ashamed of Dragomir, Smirnov, Kovalev, Thompson, Ironside and Garrop up front.. that’s insane. Jerwa and Kovalchuk + a depth Thunderfist and Sterling in net (if he finds his way this season) will only make that dynamic, explosive offense better. 

Well, it looks dynamic and explosive on paper anyway. :P

12 minutes ago, majesiu said:

I don’t understand what honesty even is anymore if that’s honesty

27 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I don’t understand what honesty even is anymore if that’s honesty

Everything is a lie. One truth from me would be that VHL is still a distant priority for me and I don't really care what happens to my player, but usually getting trading motivates me to at least stick around and unbank and earn those TPE to make whoever traded for me a winner in that deal. Not sure whether I get extended or hit the free agency as soon as my rookie deal is over and as usual all teams might have a good shot at signing me then.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:55 PM, majesiu said:

Everything is a lie. One truth from me would be that VHL is still a distant priority for me and I don't really care what happens to my player, but usually getting trading motivates me to at least stick around and unbank and earn those TPE to make whoever traded for me a winner in that deal. Not sure whether I get extended or hit the free agency as soon as my rookie deal is over and as usual all teams might have a good shot at signing me then.

Now that you're on SEA with @AdamEss maybe he can pop in from time to time #OregonSBA