Special Event Announcement

Quik

45 minutes ago, cody73 said:

So..... I claimed my Rookie Bio, Practice, PC & Recruitment..... does this mean I'm still elligible to do Welfare for the week? 

Yes.

Rookie Profile and Biography are one time write ups for a player's career, that can be done any time during the player's career.

Practice Facility is weekly uncapped TPE. So free TPE.

PC are capped TPE, which are doubled this week.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, SirRupertBarnes said:

Can this be applied to a free week used? I don’t have a point task this week just a free week I bought.

This doesn’t apply to point tasks so it doesn’t matter if you have one?

2 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

I definitely understand your angle but on the other hand the easier it is for people to earn full cap every week the less variance you see because the league is designed for maxing attributes at the top end. The only difference really will be between those with carryover and those without, and it can hurt semi-active members as well.

I don't want to be the sky is falling down guy and overreact to an innocuous change, it's great for the league that there are more members than ever before that want to earn as much as possible. But for years SHLers stayed away from the league because it was 'too much work' (I've always maintained that it takes way more 'work' to make a player that can even play in the pros there). If the standard level for a VHL player increases by as much as it could with more and more options to hit the cap though that could push away the members that just want to chill and earn 6-8 a week.

If you would have asked me 20ish season ago about this change, I would have been very much against it as jobs were such an integral part of the league and some reward was needed in order to attract people to them. Today, how many jobs are truly necessary for the league to survive? There's the various commission spots (VHL and VHLM) and VHLM GMs, but people don't do them for the job pay. Financier is basically automated at this point I believe. Grading is gone and reviewing, while nice, is not essential. The only jobs left are recruitment crew, which is hugely rewarded in TPE, and updater. Updater is the only position left, and we don't have a problem filling the position, as the job is now much easier with the portal.

I've never understood the idea that the VHL was "too much work". Like you, I found the work needed in the SHL was much more than that in the VHL. But today, the extra work is still optional, and you can still make a good player with minimal effort... I would know, because that's basically what I did with my previous player for the majority of his career, averaging around 9 TPE a week with minimal effort. 

57 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Question that's just occured to me as the lone guy doing VHL Radios, any way I can do VHL.com articles or Player Cards on top of my Radio?

Never came up in the discussion for some reason ? 

I’d say that any 2 of the 3 are allowed in a given week

4 hours ago, uphillmoss said:

Does reviewing count for this.

It's capped so yes.

4 hours ago, uphillmoss said:

Also if anyone would be willing to help me find a job, that would be great 

Check the Job interview section for job openings. Don't believe there are any at the moment

• Will unfeatured this topic