Doubles Week Article- Austrian Dream

leafssteen

Austria does not develop many hockey superstars; however Austrian Clayton Park is hoping to be one of the few to make it to the VHL. The past few weeks have been huge for Park as he was recently drafted 49th overall by the Yukon Rush & ultimately one step closer to the VHL. There are only a few days until the start of his first season & he will have to work hard to earn each start. This is what he had to say about the start of his VHLM career and being one step closer to the VHL.  

“I just can't wait to get my first start under my belt in the VHLM! During training camp, I have been working my butt off to get ready for the start of the season. One thing in particular I have been trying to improve is my skating. The Yukon goalie coach has been putting me through lots of skating drills & that has led to me feeling more confident in my skating ability. I am excited to help my team between the pipes & hopefully lead us deep into the playoffs. I am very aware that my performance this season will be heavily watched by VHL scouts & this is my chance to make my dream come true.” 

Edited by leafssteen
spelling