S65 Regular Season Index

Devise

@Beketov @Will My player is not included as a rookie, because there was a mishap last season and I ended up on Davos' roster for 3 games but I was not actually put on a line. I spent last season in the VHLM and I'm pretty sure I should be counted as a rookie on the portal.

@Devise Can you change my player, John Madden to a rookie? He was accidentally sent up for 3 games in S64 when he should of been in the VHLM, where he later played the rest of the season. I got no ice-time in S64 with Davos and this season is my official rookie season, so please change Madden back to a rookie if you can?

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Thranduil said:

@Devise Can you change my player, John Madden to a rookie? He was accidentally sent up for 3 games in S64 when he should of been in the VHLM, where he later played the rest of the season. I got no ice-time in S64 with Davos and this season is my official rookie season, so please change Madden back to a rookie if you can?

Just for the record even if the sim doesn’t recognize you as a rookie the award committee will when co spidering ROTY if that’s your fear. The portal is a bit wonky with rookies so we’ve always gathered full lists regardless of what the aim says.

DAV - backup played 5 with 2 games left
RIG - backup has played 6 with 3 games left

CGY - backup has 8
HSK- backup has 8
MOS - backup has 8
TOR - backup has 8
NYA - backup has 10
SEA - backup has 9
VAN - backup has 17

@VHL Games @VHL GM @Beketov@Devise@Will

So, I figured I'd put this out there formally. DAV has said it's probably a mistake, and I'd believe him with what the penalties are for not enough backup games these days.

DAV has to play their backup 3 more times, but only have 2 games left. RIga is fine I would assume, since they have 2 backup starts left with 3 games left. Everyone else is good.

So, Davos GM or the simmer is at fault here. Might have to play their backup in a playoff game if they make the playoffs.

.......what I'm for sure wondering though is why NYA G has started 10 games already???? CPU goalies only require 8 starts, and we're 1 point behind Davos for that final playoff spot. Those 2 extra backup starts for NY could very well be the difference of them making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

DAV - backup played 5 with 2 games left
RIG - backup has played 6 with 3 games left

CGY - backup has 8
HSK- backup has 8
MOS - backup has 8
TOR - backup has 8
NYA - backup has 10
SEA - backup has 9
VAN - backup has 17

@VHL Games @VHL GM @Beketov@Devise@Will

So, I figured I'd put this out there formally. DAV has said it's probably a mistake, and I'd believe him with what the penalties are for not enough backup games these days.

DAV has to play their backup 3 more times, but only have 2 games left. RIga is fine I would assume, since they have 2 backup starts left with 3 games left. Everyone else is good.

So, Davos GM or the simmer is at fault here. Might have to play their backup in a playoff game if they make the playoffs.

.......what I'm for sure wondering though is why NYA G has started 10 games already???? CPU goalies only require 8 starts, and we're 1 point behind Davos for that final playoff spot. Those 2 extra backup starts for NY could very well be the difference of them making the playoffs.

I wanna throw it out there and make it very clear. It was NOT my intention to screw up my backup games. I put in 8 games for him when i sent in lines, so im not really sure what the hell happened. This being said, I don't want a re-sim to fix it. I'll accept a penalty for missing the requirement, however it was inadvertent so I feel like it shouldn't be grounds for losing a pick 

32 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I wanna throw it out there and make it very clear. It was NOT my intention to screw up my backup games. I put in 8 games for him when i sent in lines, so im not really sure what the hell happened. This being said, I don't want a re-sim to fix it. I'll accept a penalty for missing the requirement, however it was inadvertent so I feel like it shouldn't be grounds for losing a pick 

@Quik we have someone else for the Keaton Louth rule club. @ShawnGladewelcome to the club!

19 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

After discussing it briefly with Glade, I discovered that due to my email archiving I did miss his lines that he sent yesterday. He isn't concerned with a resim in this situation, so because of that my recommendation is that it would only be fair to have his back up play the last two games of the season, and ignore any punishment on the one game the back up missed as that was done in simmer error. (For those actually curious, he sent me his World lines in the same email archive and when I went to grab them yesterday it marked his new reply with Davos lines as read. It's still my error obviously and for that I do apologize.) If Davos wants to go another route, which after talking with Shawn he has indicated he may just want to ride out with  no back up, be over by 3 back up games and take whatever punishment comes his way. I'll leave that decision up to @Beketov and @Quik

As for your questions @DollarAndADream I think I answered in Discord but just for GM's sake and so everyone is aware. If you fail to send lines in, STHS will always use the lines of the last game it simmed. So assuming you send in lines and you custom set them for 10 games, if the last game is a game in which your back up played and you fail to send in lines for Game 11, guess what? Your back up will play in Game 11. And any game after that you fail to send lines in. I don't generally pay attention to this throughout the season. Always pay attention to not only your back up starts (starts not games played) and the last set of lines you sent in, especially if your changing lines often/alternating or even if you change strategies for one team. 

Anyway, another way this could've happened is in instances where a team played a team they set their back up to play against, like for example Moscow, more than 8 times. Everyone played each other a minimum of 8 but as you'll notice some teams play each other more than that. So if you only thought you played Moscow 8 and were setting back up for every MOS game, whoops your back up played more than minimum. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

After discussing it briefly with Glade, I discovered that due to my email archiving I did miss his lines that he sent yesterday. He isn't concerned with a resim in this situation, so because of that my recommendation is that it would only be fair to have his back up play the last two games of the season, and ignore any punishment on the one game the back up missed as that was done in simmer error. (For those actually curious, he sent me his World lines in the same email archive and when I went to grab them yesterday it marked his new reply with Davos lines as read. It's still my error obviously and for that I do apologize.) If Davos wants to go another route, which after talking with Shawn he has indicated he may just want to ride out with  no back up, be over by 3 back up games and take whatever punishment comes his way. I'll leave that decision up to @Beketov and @Quik

As for your questions @DollarAndADream I think I answered in Discord but just for GM's sake and so everyone is aware. If you fail to send lines in, STHS will always use the lines of the last game it simmed. So assuming you send in lines and you custom set them for 10 games, if the last game is a game in which your back up played and you fail to send in lines for Game 11, guess what? Your back up will play in Game 11. And any game after that you fail to send lines in. I don't generally pay attention to this throughout the season. Always pay attention to not only your back up starts (starts not games played) and the last set of lines you sent in, especially if your changing lines often/alternating or even if you change strategies for one team. 

Anyway, another way this could've happened is in instances where a team played a team they set their back up to play against, like for example Moscow, more than 8 times. Everyone played each other a minimum of 8 but as you'll notice some teams play each other more than that. So if you only thought you played Moscow 8 and were setting back up for every MOS game, whoops your back up played more than minimum. 

Well, I sent Canada and Calgary in the same sim, which one made it in?

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Well, I sent Canada and Calgary in the same sim, which one made it in?

Both. Technically you sent an email with both lines that were loaded on March 31st. The last email I have from you was from Sunday 7th, for CGY was the last set. I still need lines from you for Canada semis for Monday, unless your fine using lines from 31st. 

You were fine because you attached two in one unique email. The issue I had with Shawn was just down to how I organise my check for emails. Some members send lines in the same email thread so instead of it showing up separate it's a whole ongoing thread. Shawn's world lines were one of the messages. But the subject of the whole thread remains Davos Lines, or whatever. So it just marked his new entry as read when I went to get World lines. How I do my check to not get confused is to leave all line emails I need for that day unread. So I just missed it then. As I said above totally my error. 

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Devise said:

f Davos wants to go another route, which after talking with Shawn he has indicated he may just want to ride out with  no back up, be over by 3 back up games and take whatever punishment comes his way. I'll leave that decision up to @Beketov and @Quik

Punishment (or lack of) whether he decides to miss 1 game or 3 will be decided at the end of the season as it always is when we have the full information. @ShawnGlade Can decide how he wants to proceed but I’m not gonna confirm or deny a punishment beforehand.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Devise's fault, so Toronto has to play their backup in the playoffs.

:clooney:

Historically Devise has made goalies that shouldn’t perform well in the playoffs but win as rookies anyway so I wouldn’t want to chance that haha

56 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Historically Devise has made goalies that shouldn’t perform well in the playoffs but win as rookies anyway so I wouldn’t want to chance that haha

Especially if we get WJC Rift. :P