GM 1: Calgary Wranglers vs. Helsinki Titans

VHL Games

44 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Gotta get the backup games outta the way so we don't fuck it up again

Ahhh....I actually re-uploaded your lines twice because I was honestly wondering. 

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Eudaldkp said:

Lol at Quik already playing their backup goalie, lesson learned for sure. Good game from the Wranglers, congratz @Sharkstrong on your first VHL goal!

@DollarAndADream used to do this almost every season in Toronto. Best to get them dealt with early when things don’t matter as much.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

@DollarAndADream used to do this almost every season in Toronto. Best to get them dealt with early when things don’t matter as much.

Better yet play them all against Moscow throughout the season when they don't matter at all

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Better yet play them all against Moscow throughout the season when they don't matter at all

Every team plays all their BU games against Moscow; Moscow wins the Victory Cup from never playing against a starter.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Every team plays all their BU games against Moscow; Moscow wins the Victory Cup from never playing against a starter.

First off, they aren't good enough to beat back-ups, second, nobody would play back-ups in the playoffs unless you are the Vancouver Moot. lol

• Commissioner
Just now, Bushito said:

First off, they aren't good enough to beat back-ups, second, nobody would play back-ups in the playoffs unless you are the Vancouver Moot. lol

I said Victory Cup, not continental cup.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I said Victory Cup, not continental cup.

Well then see the start of the comment, I will play all 8 against them and they will likely at best win 2 by STHS fuckery

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Well then see the start of the comment, I will play all 8 against them and they will likely at best win 2 by STHS fuckery

You’re clearly taking my joke too seriously.

So with a team like Calgary playing a lot of their players half the game, do we have energy? how much of a role does it play? if you ran 4 lines that were decent against two lines that were above decent would the 4 lines do better b/c energy?

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

So with a team like Calgary playing a lot of their players half the game, do we have energy? how much of a role does it play? if you ran 4 lines that were decent against two lines that were above decent would the 4 lines do better b/c energy?

Endurance is not turned on in our sim.

Just now, Beketov said:

Endurance is not turned on in our sim.

Ok cool thanks that does make more sense. Not saying that we should but would we consider it in the future if we get more people? Just wondering if we get enough people where a team can actually run 4 lines decently well would get rewarded?

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

Ok cool thanks that does make more sense. Not saying that we should but would we consider it in the future if we get more people? Just wondering if we get enough people where a team can actually run 4 lines decently well would get rewarded?

There’s been debate both ways. Most people prefer that we’re more or less a two line league because it means you can have decent minutes no matter who you are. Going 4 full lines would mean having to more or less waste away in the 4th line for half your career.

Just now, Beketov said:

There’s been debate both ways. Most people prefer that we’re more or less a two line league because it means you can have decent minutes no matter who you are. Going 4 full lines would mean having to more or less waste away in the 4th line for half your career.

Yeah, I can see where that would suck, and I can see many different points on both sides. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. :)