Yukon Rush Press Conference

Josh

• Commissioner

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush?

2. Are there any real life players that you are modelling your player after? Who?

3. What skill are you most focused on improving?

4. Who's your favorite VHL player?

5. What do you think the team has to do to make a run for the cup?

6. What hobbies does your player have outside of hockey?

1. I’d like to be a good player

2. Sami is based on Ovechkin but now he’s Belgian and can hit

3. I'm focusing on any offensive abilities, the main one being scoring

4. Karl von Moltke is 100% my favorite.

5. Play me on the second line and we win. 

6. My hobbies are crusading and getting overrun by Germans. Also waffle making. 

Edited by TsarPeter

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush?

The Cup, or get traded to a Cup contending team if things go south.  (really, everything is south from Yukon though...)

2. Are there any real life players that you are modelling your player after? Who?

Real life? What are we in, the Matrix?  This is real life.  I am not modelling my play after anyone.  Not McDavid, not Bobby Orr, not some 15 year old wunderkid that is being drafted to the OHL from their Shinny root beer team.  I am ME.  The one and only.  Others will want to model themselves after me, but they won't be able to replicate the greatness that is ME.

The only skill I am always striving to improve is my leadership.  To show the other teammates that "this is what you need to do to win".  Recently, I called out the Yukon Rush to play better.  They did.  (Of course I used more colourful language in the locker room).

It's a tie, between Jake Davis, Kallis Kriketers, Ryan Kastelic and Julian Borwinn....oh wait, you said favourite player.....

Whatever team I'm on.  So currently it's the Yukon Rush.

Playing DnD (current character is a drow elf bard - who apparently comes within inches of dying almost every encounter), playing board games (unfortunately it is only limited to ones my wife likes to play, and not me - I've been trying to get her to play Legendary again to no success.)

I also like to catch up on my TV shows and movies.

• Commissioner

1) Who on the team has really impressed you at this point in the season?

2) Who on the Rush would you want to play with when you make it to the big leagues?

3) Which team do you dislike to play against the most?

4) Where in the draft do you think you'll go?

5) What is your players pre-game ritual?

6) Is the Carolina Hurrican's post-win thing dumb or nah?

1) Who on the team has really impressed you at this point in the season?

No one.  We are currently 4 points out of a playoff spot.  This team is not playing well together.  We've not added the depth needed, and those teams that want to win are winning.

2) Who on the Rush would you want to play with when you make it to the big leagues?

A bunch of players not playing?  In the big leagues I want to play with winners.  I came from winning the cup last season to leading a bunch of fresh players that aren't ready yet.  I'm done in this league this year and I want to go out with another bang.

3) Which team do you dislike to play against the most?

Ourselves.  We beat ourselves up and can't beat the other teams.

4) Where in the draft do you think you'll go?

Already drafted.  Next question.

5) What is your players pre-game ritual?

Talk to the other team players, see if they need another centre.

6) Is the Carolina Hurricane's post-win thing dumb or nah?

The who now? They don't play in this league.  What alternate reality do the Carolina's have a Hurricane playing in them?  Do I need to 'stand back....cause there's a hurricane coming'

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush?

To do my job & improve every game and help the Rush make the playoffs. Also one of my goals that I haven’t been able to accomplish just yet is to record my first career shutout.

Former NHL goalie Jhonas Enroth. He was a very tiny goalie like myself but didn’t allow his size to affect his play!

I strongly believe rebound control is critical for professional goaltenders. That is the thing I have been focusing on to allow less second opportunities.

@WhiteMocha Former Rush goalie Justin Cole. I know he’s having a tough year up in the pros but he’s got lots of talent and I look forward to backing him up in the World Juniors!

Personally I believe we really need to play stronger defensive hockey. I face 30 plus shots per night and that’s hard on any goalie. 

Outside of hockey I like to run & I attend races ranging from 5K-21K in the off-season. I also enjoy traveling, some recent places I have been include Mexico, Dominican Republic and THE GRAND CANYON!!!!

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade