PBR: Reapers eyeing 1st matchup against Houston

DMaximus

While conducting post-game interviews after a recent win over Saskatoon, the Philadelphia Beat Report noticed a VHLM schedule hanging in the Reaper locker room. This scheduled has Game 39 circled. A home game at The Burns Crematorium Centre and their first game against their co-expansion team, the Houston Bulls.

The Bulls and Reapers became immediate rivals after a heated exchange of words between the team’s GMs during the offseason. The language used during that exchange is not fit to be reprinted in this space. Lingering animosity from that day has driven anticipation of this game to a fever pitch.

The PBR asked some Reapers about the upcoming game. GM Kathryn Blade said, "It is no secret that me and my boys want to make Houston feel the pain of being beaten by the Reapers. In true Reaper fashion we are going to use our blades to cut down the competition…our goal is total Reaper domination"

Reaper LW, Hans Gruber shared his thoughts, “Nothing better than a good old fashioned rivalry, especially when it’s two expansion teams. We don’t like them and they don’t like us. We’ll leave it all on the ice, prove that we’re the better team and get the two points, that’s the Gruber Guarantee”

“You know, I don’t really pay attention to the things management says to each other. I don’t really know what was said. All I know is that Blade has been there for us, took a chance on some of us, and showed that she really cares about us. It’s that respect for our GM that is going to motivate us against Houston. If it just so happens we record our first fatality at the Crematorium, so be it,” said defenseman Charlie Paddywagon.

Reaper RW John Frostbeard put it simplest of all, “I don’t have much to say other than they [Houston] suck.”

We expect an exciting, hard-fought game and will be watching along with all the fans of the VHL and VHLM.