Minor Announcement

Quik

hi-everybody-gif-5.gif

@Members

This is just a minor announcement, with all the new members coming in recently, and to remind older members, that there is a 6 TPE cap on TPE earned outside of Point Tasks/Welfare.

That means that, technically, the Cap on TPE earned depends on the form of Point Task you submit.

12 TPE = Graphic / Media Spot / Full Podcast / Affiliate PT / Free Week / Anyone with a league job

11 TPE = Pension Claim

10 TPE = Regular Welfare

Also, going forward, if you do claim any form of Pension/Welfare, as well as when claiming Practice Facility, please link to your post in the corresponding thread for that week. Posting in the thread is an @Updaters way to verify that you logged into the forums, and are eligible to claim TPE for that week. Any claims linking only to the thread (but not to your post), or directly to an affiliated league's PT, will no longer be accepted, as it is not the Updater's job to look through an entire thread for your post to verify.

1JkT.gif

9 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Wait, since when was this a thing? In the BoG I thought we were discussing the 6 extra TPE from last weeks event, not all TPE moving forward.

It's always been a thing, just never been enforced/clarified.

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, Quik said:

This is just a minor announcement, with all the new members coming in recently, and to remind older members, that there is a 6 TPE cap on TPE earned outside of Point Tasks/Welfare.

---------

Job that pays 6 TPE or more (Recruitment Crew/Simmer/VSN) 

As someone that already has 3 jobs and rarely has time to contribute in the form of a point task on top of doing those and portal development, I think this is super dumb. I'd like to see Job pay completely excluded considering the community benefit.

This is also news to me, I’ve always been talking about how the league should be adding in a 10 TPE cap for players that don’t do either a 6 point PT or a job because of players being able to make TPE cap through pension w/o a job and certainly no one ever brought up anything to do with the thing the top post talks about already being a thing. 

Definitely think jobs jobs should be exempt from the cap given the workload os typically a lot more than that of the small-Pts that offer the same pay grade

Edited by Tagger

My full thoughts on this.

What this is effectively doing is limiting those that claim welfare to a 10 cap weekly and those that claim pension to an 11 cap. That 11 cap is ugly but there isn't much to do about it here.

The SBA does something similar, except their welfare is worth 3 and makes your weekly cap 6. But of course the VHL is based on being more pro-welfare than other leagues so those rules would be too harsh for here. But because the league has a pro-welfare stance, I personally think there's no need to bother with this at all.

My main reason for that is because you're creating more rules for updaters to have to remember lest they make a mistake on the job. So it's better in a pro-welfare league to just allow capping rather than do something like make an exception for job pay. Until there's a big ledger in the updater forum explaining everything that can and can't be done in updating there's going to be confusion and the more alternative rules that are expected to be enforced the more confusion there's gonna be.

And in conclusion, I understand that I was arguing a few days ago that separate fan590s and cards was gonna make hitting cap easier. I guess this makes up for that difference, if only slightly, and I probably wouldn't have argued that as much if I was aware this was a thing. Overall though, again, considering the league's stance on welfare and the difference in TPE earnable from welfare by different people this one doesn't really fit here in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Josh. said:

As someone that already has 3 jobs and rarely has time to contribute in the form of a point task on top of doing those and portal development, I think this is super dumb. I'd like to see Job pay completely excluded considering the community benefit.

Alright, I am a benevolent god. Jobs are exempt from the limit of 6 on secondary PTs.

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Quik said:

Alright, I am a benevolent god. Jobs are exempt from the limit of 6 on secondary PTs.

You're a beauty ??

So just to clarify this for myself, 

anything that is capped TPE can only add up to 12, 11 or 10 - based on what you do that week

Say I do the PF (2), welfare (4), Trivia (2), PC (2) for 10 capped TPE.  I can't complete/claim any more capped TPE for that week.

What about uncapped TPE - that is still unlimited right?

Is it easy enough to put a box that says capped or uncapped when we enter it into the claim menu?  

Like if I choose press conference, it comes up as 2 automatically, could you do like a 2c, or have a separate box (say checked for cap, unchecked for uncapped) that pops up automatically once a capped/uncapped option is picked?

I've only just been putting in what I did and left it up to an updater to be like 'Woah, dude that's too much capped TPE this week'

3 minutes ago, Anthony Matthews said:

So just to clarify this for myself, 

anything that is capped TPE can only add up to 12, 11 or 10 - based on what you do that week

Say I do the PF (2), welfare (4), Trivia (2), PC (2) for 10 capped TPE.  I can't complete/claim any more capped TPE for that week.

What about uncapped TPE - that is still unlimited right?

Is it easy enough to put a box that says capped or uncapped when we enter it into the claim menu?  

Like if I choose press conference, it comes up as 2 automatically, could you do like a 2c, or have a separate box (say checked for cap, unchecked for uncapped) that pops up automatically once a capped/uncapped option is picked?

I've only just been putting in what I did and left it up to an updater to be like 'Woah, dude that's too much capped TPE this week'

Practice facility is uncapped

39 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

It is not like this has ever affected me because i never claim welfare but come on your penalizing those tho don't have time to do a main point task... and I'm gonna leave it there. 

If it's once in a while, the difference is going to be very minor. The punishment is only going to be a few TPE here and there, and it probably won't be noticeable. For people who claim welfare on the regular (a group that includes me), we probably should have less room for error when it comes to missing things like that. I personally have no problem with having my earning opportunity docked 1 TPE, because we're already in a system where doing a point task offers a relatively minuscule benefit. Those that do point tasks regularly deserve the leg up on those who don't.

42 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

It is not like this has ever affected me because i never claim welfare but come on your penalizing those tho don't have time to do a main point task... and I'm gonna leave it there. 

Life was never made to be fair, I also think it cheapens the work of those who do the point tasks, if you can match the amount of tpe earned while doing minimal work 

35 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Life was never made to be fair, I also think it cheapens the work of those who do the point tasks, if you can match the amount of tpe earned while doing minimal work 

The phrase "Life's not fair" was intended to refer to things like getting major diseases, things where the inherent unfairness/randomness of life is the primary contributing factor. It was never meant to refer to choices made by an individual or group introducing man-made unfairness into a system, because that's not life that's contributing to the unfairness.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other as to this rule (I don't regularly cap, and I do regularly do a PT) just that particular aspect of your comment bothered me, as it does pretty much every time anyone uses that phrase as it's almost always used incorrectly.

Quiks Announcements are never Quik....

Man always edits it a bunch and pings everyone multiple times smh

Edited by DilIsPickle

44 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Practice facility is uncapped

Oops, I think I saw Affiliate PT and just assumed PF. Or it was seeing it with welfare in the following section about linking your post.

Regardless, replace PF with something else that is capped.