The Biography of Nacho [2/2]

Nacci25

Childhood

Growing up in the surrounding area of Buffalo NY, Hockey has always been a big part of Nacho’s childhood. With the NHL teams like the Buffalo Sabres right in the city and the rival Toronto Maple Leafs right across the pond it’s no wonder this kid has grown to love the sport. He grew up with divorced parents but his mom and dad got along. He’d spend some days with dad and some days with mom. Nacho grew up as an only child and to this day still has no siblings. As a kid Nacho would go to the games, fascinated by how fast the players skate and move the puck. The sound of the skates gliding on the ice. While other kids were saying “I want to be a police officer” or “I want to be a doctor”. Nacho set off to have one of the best careers of all time.

Playing the Sport

Nacho started playing hockey at the young age of 10. He started skating long before then but it took him a while to get used to playing the game on ice. Because of that difficulty he started in floor hockey. Playing at a community roller rink with a total of 8 teams each with their respective color. As he played his first year in the league noticed something. Something was different about the team in the red jerseys. They had all the good players. Oddly enough the coach for the red team was the owner of the league. Nacho being on the white team, the team where all the new rookies go, felt he had to prove himself and his teammates that they were not going to stand for that. Through that first season he became one of the top point scorers in the league which was unheard of from the white team let alone a rookie center. Eventually Nacho lead his team onto the finals but unfortunately losing in game 5 against the red team. Next season he signed up he was assigned to play for the red team. After some thought, Nacho decided against playing for a team he felt was unfair to the rest of the league. Not only that but he decided it was time to take his skills to the next level and start playing on the frozen water...ice hockey.

Schooling

Living life to the fullest, Nacho grew up in the suburbs and went to public school.Nacho didn’t really fit in with a certain crowd at school. Nor did he really want to. He would hang out with the 5 best friends he had during school hours. While he struggled in school, not always getting the greatest of grades. He always couldn’t wait to get out and go to practice for the outside school ice hockey league. Once high school rolled around, being the new kid in the big high school, he kept to himself. At the beginning of the year, being it September, hockey tryouts were happening soon and Nacho figured why not try it and see if he makes the team. Obviously it is unheard of for a freshman to go and tryout for a sport in their first year of high school unless they’re well a well known athlete from birth. Nacho tried out for the team. When he got to tryouts it was filled with juniors and seniors, not a freshman in sight. That being said anyone and everyone gave him weird looks and glances from across the locker room. Once the guys hit the ice it was clear to Nacho why no freshman show up for tryouts. The coach didn’t even bother letting Nacho’s blades even touch the ice. He thought maybe this just wasn’t for him. Maybe he should just stick with the out of school league he’s in now and settle for that. As time went on and continued to play for the league, he grew older and climbed the ladder of grades in high school. Nacho finally become a senior and thought to himself “I should probably do something to send myself out with a bang as a senior this year” why not try again and make the hockey team. He figured since he’s far from being a freshman maybe he’ll be given a shot at the team. As he set out for tryouts he was given the opportunity to actually skate! And boy could this kid skate! The coach seen this and Nacho soon became part of the varsity hockey team. Graduating high school with sub-par grades didn’t really matter to Nacho. What mattered to him was that the team went to states and he was captain of that team. Although they didn’t make it past that, that was one of his more prouder moments of his life. More than graduating.

As graduation was upon him Nacho was receiving scholarships in the mail...Princeton was one of them. He was offered a scholarship to one of the best schools in the country. Not because of what a sub par student he was but because of the skill he brought to his favorite sport. Nacho went off to accept the offer and start his college career at Princeton.

After being accepted into Princeton, not even a full year passed and scouts from the VHL and VHLM were eyeing him up. At the young age of 18 Nacho was drafted into the VHLM by the Halifax 21st. Residing now in Halifax, he’ll never forget where he came from. Where he grew up. Where he became the person who he is today. Only being 18 there isn’t much to dwell on this kid besides his hockey career but I feel as time goes on he will be someone everyone talks about. Not only in the realm of hockey but through everything. Nacho is a well rounded guy. He has nothing but nice, positive things to say about everyone he meets and knows. He’s also got the no quit attitude everyone loves. Keep your eyes peeled and ready for him

(1,008 word count)

I know I'm not the greatest at creating articles or stories but I feel this is one of my best lol

Review: I enjoyed the fortitude that Nacho had even at the earliest of his playing career. The fact that he refused to play for the red team was something that made me root for his development. I feel bad for him when he went out for the team and the coach wouldn't even let him try out. Also, super excited to have him on Halifax with me. I hope he has a great season and will do some great things. Great story, and excited to see his growth. 

Good job bud, I'd say it's one of your best as well. It was cool to see him overcome so much adversity, maybe it was a bit cliché like a Hollywood movie about hockey but it worked well here. My only complaint and I have this a lot lately is add some photos! It seems minor but makes everything look a lot nicer and breaks up the dreaded wall of text!