Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Leading up to the Super Bowl everyone in the PacNorWest just gets way too cocky and joins the bandwagon. Seeing that fanbase go down a few notches makes me happy.

^^

Was up in Seattle to watch it, agreed on all accounts.  I don't have any issues with the team, but the fans are a little too...  elitist? at least for my taste.

^^

Was up in Seattle to watch it, agreed on all accounts.  I don't have any issues with the team, but the fans are a little too...  elitist? at least for my taste.

As a Boston sports fan, I prefer them to typical Boston sports fans haha.  elitist > overly obnoxious elitist

As a Boston sports fan, I prefer them to typical Boston sports fans haha.  elitist > overly obnoxious elitist

I've seen a little of both having lived in Chicago for awhile, but agreed.  Seattle is still butthurt about having no winter sports teams.

I've seen a little of both having lived in Chicago for awhile, but agreed.  Seattle is still butthurt about having no winter sports teams.

Oh yeah that is a huge issue with sports franchise up there. That's why I'm a Ken Griffey Jr. fan by not a Mariners fan. I can't stand being in Safeco around Seattle sports fans. Thunderbirds games are alright, but thats not pro.

Am I a true Seattle fan if i've been there since Hasselbeck.

I think that how long you've been a fan is a bullshit argument. I've only really started following football in general in the last couple of years, I don't know a whole ton about the league outside of the Seahawks -- a team I latched onto simply because they're closest to me. It's kind of awkward because I fall into a period of time where all sorts of people hopped on the bandwagon, but I don't think I should be considered a "bandwagon fan". 

Oh yeah that is a huge issue with sports franchise up there. That's why I'm a Ken Griffey Jr. fan by not a Mariners fan. I can't stand being in Safeco around Seattle sports fans. Thunderbirds games are alright, but thats not pro.

Actually I've been to probably 5-6 M's games and have never really engaged in any conversation that would lead me to believe they are the same way about baseball that they are about football...  But then again, baseball is very passive as opposed to football, and I also usually go just for the great beer garden deals in center field.  

My only real issue with Seahawk fans is the 'assumed entitlement' that they are very quick to note in any conversation, being the all-knowing basis for football logic due to 3 years of success.  The NFL existed before 2012.

I think that how long you've been a fan is a bullshit argument. I've only really started following football in general in the last couple of years, I don't know a whole ton about the league outside of the Seahawks -- a team I latched onto simply because they're closest to me. It's kind of awkward because I fall into a period of time where all sorts of people hopped on the bandwagon, but I don't think I should be considered a "bandwagon fan". 

No one would. People are bandwagoneers if they jump on it while they are good and leave when they are bad. That's always been the case. People who latch onto them when they are good or closest to them but stick with them forever are just considered fans. In Vancouver people latch onto them while they are good and as soon as they lose they forget about them entirely. That's where I draw the line

Actually I've been to probably 5-6 M's games and have never really engaged in any conversation that would lead me to believe they are the same way about baseball that they are about football...  But then again, baseball is very passive as opposed to football, and I also usually go just for the great beer garden deals in center field.  

My only real issue with Seahawk fans is the 'assumed entitlement' that they are very quick to note in any conversation, being the all-knowing basis for football logic due to 3 years of success.  The NFL existed before 2012.

News to most of them. Even in the Hasselbeck/Alexander regime they were nowhere to be found. M's games aren't all bad, I just find the fans still living through the Boone days and think they are the top of a very good division every year. However they are getting better so we might see a rise in it!

No one would. People are bandwagoneers if they jump on it while they are good and leave when they are bad. That's always been the case. People who latch onto them when they are good or closest to them but stick with them forever are just considered fans. In Vancouver people latch onto them while they are good and as soon as they lose they forget about them entirely. That's where I draw the line

Who else would they cheer for though? The Raiders?  :hyper: