Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Wait no, apparently it's not official, apparently the guy I got it from just misinterpreted Smith's agent's tweet

Maybe it's the other Steve Smith.....haha

Will Allen re-signed with the Steelers, so that's good news...for the teams that face them next season.

It also appears Steve Smith is going to be released Jason, so you are right.

With Ware, it had to do with the structure of his contract. If the Cowboys traded him, they likely would have had to eat most of his signing bonus, which was at least $10 million this year IIRC. Through cutting him, they didn't have to pay as much guaranteed money.

They have to pay the remainder of the guaranteed amount, but I don't believe it counts against the cap...  Which is really the reason they do it...  Otherwise they would be in a similar situation with or without him.

They have to pay the remainder of the guaranteed amount, but I don't believe it counts against the cap...  Which is really the reason they do it...  Otherwise they would be in a similar situation with or without him.

That's what I meant. Jerruh unfortunately has enough money to do whatever the hell he wants.

The Raiders are officially (still) the stupidest team in the NFL. They let Veldheer go for $37 mil then sign the solid-but-unspectacular and always hurt Saffold for $5 mil more, and to cap it all off by picking up a lineman who wasn't gonna get any better than 1 year $2 mil from any other team for 5 years $30 mil. I thought Reggie McKenzie knew what he was doing, but he's quickly proven to be the worst GM in the NFL in just one day.

The Raiders are officially (still) the stupidest team in the NFL. They let Veldheer go for $37 mil then sign the solid-but-unspectacular and always hurt Saffold for $5 mil more, and to cap it all off by picking up a lineman who wasn't gonna get any better than 1 year $2 mil from any other team for 5 years $30 mil. I thought Reggie McKenzie knew what he was doing, but he's quickly proven to be the worst GM in the NFL in just one day.

I will give them credit for making moves because what they had wasn't working, but yeah it's pretty crazy to give that kind of a money to a guy who was basically booed out of STL.  

Good news Raiders fans.......

It's official: God hates the Raiders. A day after letting left tackle Jared Veldheer escape to Arizona, where he signed a five-year, $35 million deal, and instead signing Rams castoff Rodger Saffold to a five-year, $42 million contract, Saffold failed his physical, the team announced Wednesday evening.

There's more: Saffold's deal has subsequently been voided which means that the Raiders are right back where they started 30 hours ago: Flush with cash and without a left tackle.

It's not all bad news, however. Oakland won't be stuck with a player they almost certainly overpaid. And Saffold gets to return to the Rams where he will sign a five-year deal, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.

(And this qualifies as the most embarrassing walk of shame ever.)

Good news Raiders fans.......

This is hilarious, simply put.  It was a bad deal from the get-go and to see the owner actually take a stance, somewhat admirable.  But what's sad is that he was THE ONLY ONE who figured that this was a bs deal.

We re-sign Shields, Quarless and Neal. If we can re-sign Jones, Raji, Kuhn, Jolly and end up signing Owen Daniels, I will be content.

Glad M.D. Jennings left, he got beat over the top way too many times.

Yeah but I'd imagine Belichick is just dying to pay the 20 million he is due in '15 if they want to keep him.

that option is going to be used as a starting point for an extension. itll all get moved around just fine

now wilfork's gone too, even more money. i love it. wilfork doesnt deserve nearly 12 million this season that's preposterous 

that option is going to be used as a starting point for an extension. itll all get moved around just fine

now wilfork's gone too, even more money. i love it. wilfork doesnt deserve nearly 12 million this season that's preposterous 

Let's hope so, he gets a 12 million dollar bonus on 4/1/15.

That's $1 for every hot dog, donut and twinkie he's ever eaten.