Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Peppers signs with GB! Not entirely sure how I feel about it though

Word on the street is that he gave up last season and only put in 7-8 plays with effort on a weekly basis.  Worst case scenario teams still have to consider doubling him up, should help Matthews out quite a bit.

Word on the street is that he gave up last season and only put in 7-8 plays with effort on a weekly basis.  Worst case scenario teams still have to consider doubling him up, should help Matthews out quite a bit.

Here's the way I look at it:

Pro's:

Basically a one-year contract and they can release him next season if he fails.

When on his A game he is a premier pass rushing even at his age.

One of the best at getting his hands up if he can't reach the QB (Outside of J.J. Swat)

Opens up lanes for Matthews and possibly Raji.

Could help out our pass coverage with his rush.

Con's:

Cap hit isn't huge, but if he fails it looks real bad.

His age might mean a decline now as last season he slowed down.

6 years too late for TT as I feel Peppers has lost a step dramatically.

Here's the way I look at it:

Pro's:

Basically a one-year contract and they can release him next season if he fails.

When on his A game he is a premier pass rushing even at his age.

One of the best at getting his hands up if he can't reach the QB (Outside of J.J. Swat)

Opens up lanes for Matthews and possibly Raji.

Could help out our pass coverage with his rush.

Con's:

Cap hit isn't huge, but if he fails it looks real bad.

His age might mean a decline now as last season he slowed down.

6 years too late for TT as I feel Peppers has lost a step dramatically.

Green Bay is a 3-4, no?  I'm interested to see how he deals with double coverage on the line.  Raji will have to play up-to or above expectations for him to get a 1v1 matchup on a consistent basis.

Green Bay is a 3-4, no?  I'm interested to see how he deals with double coverage on the line.  Raji will have to play up-to or above expectations for him to get a 1v1 matchup on a consistent basis.

I'd call us a 3-4 with a slight 4-3 tendency. It seems as though we have no clue what we are seeing as though our D has sucked for so long. We want to bring in an Elephant package this year though so who knows how that will work out. Raji will play NT this year though and they may rotate Pickett in (if he signs). I see it as this:

Neal - Raji - D. Jones

Peppers - Hawk - B. Jones - Matthews

I'd call us a 3-4 with a slight 4-3 tendency. It seems as though we have no clue what we are seeing as though our D has sucked for so long. We want to bring in an Elephant package this year though so who knows how that will work out. Raji will play NT this year though and they may rotate Pickett in (if he signs). I see it as this:

Neal - Raji - D. Jones

Peppers - Hawk - B. Jones - Matthews

Okay good, I was gonna stay Peppers in a 3-4 would make me scratch my head, he's becoming less and less of a 3-down player.  3-4 tweener makes more sense.

SO how does a team that went 12-4 last year go from that to a WR corps with two total NFL receptions and one touchdown? If it wasn't for Pilares, we'd have 0 of both...

1. Big Ben.

2. Sanders under performed despite his stats, so he went elsewhere (happens a lot)

3. Big Ben.

4. You can still sign Cotchery and Burress!

1. Big Ben.

2. Sanders under performed despite his stats, so he went elsewhere (happens a lot)

3. Big Ben.

4. You can still sign Cotchery and Burress!

I've posted how many Panthers things and you still assume I'm a Steelers fan...

Locality bias ftw

(not to mention that the Steelers were nowhere near 12-4 last season, which was one of the things in my post)

Edited by diamond_ace

I've posted how many Panthers things and you still assume I'm a Steelers fan...

Locality bias ftw

(not to mention that the Steelers were nowhere near 12-4 last season, which was one of the things in my post)

Haha I was gonna say, this reeks of Panthers.  Sucks to see Smith end it there.  LaFell went to..  NE?  I'd be surprised if CAR didn't go WR with their first few picks now, the WR market in FA was poor to begin with.

Haha I was gonna say, this reeks of Panthers.  Sucks to see Smith end it there.  LaFell went to..  NE?  I'd be surprised if CAR didn't go WR with their first few picks now, the WR market in FA was poor to begin with.

Huge hole on the line too with Gross retiring, and it was a weakness to begin with, so I'd say likely 2 WR and 2 O-line with the first 4 picks, hopefully grab someone in FA at least (rumors have Cotchery in talks with us) and maybe piece together something. Secondary sucks right now too but with our front 7, we can make mediocre CBs look good as they won't have to cover for as long. Need at least one tackle from somewhere though, so we can keep Kugbila at guard and not have to play him at tackle.

Lafell got far more money with NE than he'd ever have gotten with CAR, to be fair. Ginn's stock probably rebounded a little too, but not sure why Hixon didn't get another year.

Bills D is looking stronggggg. Our offense however, is going to be laughably bad. Another 7-9 season incoming! Just hope EJ can stay healthy and continually improve this season.

Bills D is looking stronggggg. Our offense however, is going to be laughably bad. Another 7-9 season incoming! Just hope EJ can stay healthy and continually improve this season.

We probably spend most of the draft picks on offensive players and hopefully trade away Stevie.

Jared Allen visiting Dallas this week... Allen and Selvie would make a nice DE tandem, but without Hatcher in the middle, Allen would just get doubled all game.

Jason, I don't know what I was thinking. You and I have had convos about Luke Kuechly like 10 times. My bad, the fumes from Portland must be stuck in my brain cells (or killed them).

Regardless, it will be tough for Cam to throw, however I heard you are after a certain #89 who played for my squad. Great player and has gotten over his drops problem.

Yeah we're in on the Jones talks, but I've heard he's balking at our relatively low figure. We don't have the cap to offer the highest prices to anyone, because of all the dumb backloaded deals under Hurney. Gettleman has a lot to do to fix Hurney's mistakes.

Yeah we're in on the Jones talks, but I've heard he's balking at our relatively low figure. We don't have the cap to offer the highest prices to anyone, because of all the dumb backloaded deals under Hurney. Gettleman has a lot to do to fix Hurney's mistakes.

Yeah and Jones took a pay cut to stay here for another couple years after his last negotiations. He will want a big contract cause he did lead the league in TD's one year. He will use it as a bargaining chip

NFL possibly expanding playoffs for 2015.

Not a fan of that. Making the playoffs is a big deal when only 12 of 32 teams can go, what's the point if you're suddenly allowing half the league to get in?

Not a fan of that. Making the playoffs is a big deal when only 12 of 32 teams can go, what's the point if you're suddenly allowing half the league to get in?

I thought as a Cowboys fan you'd be pleased with this :P

I thought as a Cowboys fan you'd be pleased with this :P

If you're not a playoff team, you don't deserve to make the playoffs. The NFL clearly doesn't get this.

Guest Svoboda_3

The better teams will sort themselves out anyways. I guess it also makes the regular season games more meaningful. If any sport should increase playoffs teams, it'S MLB. It's a shame there's no cap in MLB and while they did incorporate another Wildcard team, there's still too much baseball being played and not enough teams reaping any rewards.You can be out of the running by the end of June. Just have to make all those games meaningful.