Helsinki welcomes Revvy

AW13

:hel:

Helsinki welcomes Revvy

When the trade was announced that would send Oleksiy Revchenko along with Jasper Canmore over to Helsinki from Calgary there were many emotions that went into it. One was sadness because Calgary had been the home for Revvy over the past few seasons and over time, he has gotten to know the guys in the locker room really well and had been enjoying his time and camaraderie with his fellow Wranglers. The next emotion was one of determination as this move was made by Helsinki as a way to show the league they are no joke and could be in it for cup contention. Revchenko wants to win and given the rebuilding state of Calgary, has a much better chance while playing for Helsinki. While he will lose his captaincy and his top line status, he moves into the second line with a chance to dominate alongside other talented players on the Titans' second line. The next emotion was angry, and that is only because moving from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to Helsinki, Finland in a short amount of time is a pain in the rear end. Imagine traveling across the world and having to play in a game the next day? He could not bring anything but a couple suitcases worth of stuff while he settled in to his new team. He also does not know Finnish at all and does not plan to learn it as he already knows 4 languages, English, Russian, Ukrainian, and French. The trade should be great from both sides and Helsinki needs to make the most of this run with Canmore retiring and Revchenko headed towards unrestricted free agency. I have no hard feelings about the trade from Calgary's end, it needed to happen and I expressed that I was okay with it so that I can chase a chance at a VHL cup.