A Look at the Lynx

A Look at the Lynx

A New Series

EQeSj17Av80A5zbAHzCeXr9geAmUw5Ou5iUk42C2D6YdqpRb57fJjD8C9F89VCLLpeWP-I-R0DILs2piR7eys5KSdgcP-rR8H9pQGeQx7JvaQvUB1TqTYT_iF-SzD84Tf7scwnQ

Intro

Hey, I'm the guy who did the VHLM: Scoped series, and this season, I'll be switching it up a bit. Each week, or twice a week, I’ll review a team, and talk about the players, GM’s, and overall my thoughts. This first week I gotta do my own team - the Ottawa Lynx

GM’s

What better way to start then talking about myself. But first I’ll start with Esso. Esso is completely incompetent, and just sits and eats baguettes. Yeah no, I’m kidding. Esso joined the VHL like an hour after me in October, and he’s been active ever since. We considered ourselves rivals, but we all know who’s better. He was the AGM for previous GM, diamond_ace, last season before d_a became a commish, and once he found out ace was becoming a commie, he asked me if I wanted to be his AGM, which I said yes to. I even denied an offer from Blade and Shawn probably would’ve offered me, but I told him that my ass belonged to Esso now.

Now to talk about myself, yay! I’m the best AGM to ever live, I’m the best VHL player ever, and I’m the best recruiter. Like I said above, Esso asked me to be his AGM, and I like to think I’ve been pretty good. I did our current lines, so don’t let Esso take credit for the dream team that Ottawa is.

Players

What would a team be without its players… well it would be a team with just GM’s. So players make the team. Me and Esso’s first pick in the S65 draft was a 4th rounder. Even then we had some guys on our list. 2 of them were Gaudette88 and Inf1d3l. Gaudette was a guy who was active in the VHL discord, and we had just saw him like a day before the draft. On the other hand Inf1d3l is one of Esso’s friends, and he knows him well. We decided to grab Inf1d3l, and that pick definitely worked out. Our next pick was round 6, where we were looking to grab a goalie, and we really wanted Sunny Burst, but Jubo cucked us, and took him as a backup, so we decided to take Bohne, who we know from the SHL, and said he might be active. In the 7th, we had to grab a goalie, and Pouta, who looked to be inactive was still there, and we kind of had to grab him, as he was better than a bot. Luckily I knew him from another league, and I was able to bring him back from the dead.

On the waivers side of things, me and Esso are both in another sim league, and we were able to recruit some guys from our teams there, and one of them is the owner of the SHL ;)

Past, Harju, Collins, Srraxxarreakex II, and De Rossi are all SHL guys, and probably about half our team is from the SHL.

Returning is the best player in the league, Jack Lynch, who has been very active in our LR, and has been named our captain. He’s been on a tear, and has been helping new people, which is exactly what we're looking for in a captain. The other person returning is Draper who’s also been active in the LR, and is one of our alternate captains.

Another waiver pickup was Alexsander Rodriguez. He joined during the massive recruitment from Cyn’s channel, and joined our discord and has been active, asking questions, hanging out, and chatting with us. His player has performed well, and he’s the exact kind of member that we love to have in the VHLM.

As our team improves, we certainly have a good shot at playoffs, and can probably make it through the wildcard, but I highly doubt we make it to the finals, or even win, unless everyone goes on a tear. Or we could just pull S63 Ottawa when I was there, and beat the Yukon in the semi’s with a 6 shot win, and make the finals, which I hope to do.

Final Thoughts

With the Lynx in 5th, we've definitely done better than Esso and I could have imagined, especially with only having a 4th, 6th, and 7th round pick in the draft. We were in 3rd the other day, but I feel like our place in the standings is inflated by playing Sask like 14 times. Our team is still developing, and we’ll only improve as the season goes on. Special teams needs some work, but we’ve found some good 5v5 lines, and will probably stick with them for a short while. Couple tough losses, and lucky wins, but overall we’ve performed very well. Excited to see how it goes as the season goes on. I also asked Esso for his thoughts, and this is what he had to say:

"We are doing great right now, young guys are developing, Lynch is one if not the best player in the league. I can hope for a playoff push and squeeze in the wildcard position."

Thanks for reading this series. Will probably do an expansion team next on this review, unless something big happens, or I decide to do someone else.