VHLM Cap Rule

Can we have some clarification as to the rule regarding Blaine Olynick. I'm not exactly sure what was decided or what but was wondering if it could be explained. He isn't allowed to add 22 TPE to his player or something?

I spoke to Victor, and he admitted that the TPE cap rule is poorly placed on the site, currently in the VHL(M) Rulebook under "Announcements", which honestly, I had never heard of or seen until today. I suggested he add the rule to the updating subforum for all incoming players in the future.

-If a goalie has more than 175 at the beginning of the VHL season, he can not play in the minors at all.

That one?

Not quite, people know about the 175 TPE threshold but the problem was what happens with points that were earned before the start of the VHLM-season, but not added to the player yet. I think we found a solution for that now, the exact rule just needs to be placed more prominently.

This happened to me when I was in the VHLM. I had to forfeit points to stay under the cap. The ruling in my case was that any earned points (spent or not) counted against me. I forfeit training camp and player store to stay under the cap and remain in the VHLM another season. I didn't get those points back, I didn't get to add them after the season started.

If you can, you should really try to get those points back. It's a damn shame that you had to forfeit them. I was promised to have them added at the end of the season, and I'm getting a PM from Victor (hopefully) to prove it to the updater at the end of the season.

This happened to me when I was in the VHLM. I had to forfeit points to stay under the cap. The ruling in my case was that any earned points (spent or not) counted against me. I forfeit training camp and player store to stay under the cap and remain in the VHLM another season. I didn't get those points back, I didn't get to add them after the season started.

Oh boy how I remember this situation it happens all the time but Molholt was the only one punished that I could ever find.

Edited by Mike

If you can, you should really try to get those points back. It's a damn shame that you had to forfeit them. I was promised to have them added at the end of the season, and I'm getting a PM from Victor (hopefully) to prove it to the updater at the end of the season.

I don't know if that's right, it certainly goes against precedent already set.

So what about the points I was automatically awarded at the end of the season like Award Predictions and FIGA ratings? Those also put me over 175. It's not like I could've denied them, I earned them for stuff I did when I first joined.

So what about the points I was automatically awarded at the end of the season like Award Predictions and FIGA ratings? Those also put me over 175. It's not like I could've denied them, I earned them for stuff I did when I first joined.

Exactly, you earned them prior to the start of the season - in my case they counted against me. I worked around it by taking back my purchase and not accepting training camp - which kept me under the cap. I don't know what your situation is, but I couldn't take away points I earned. However, Victor was kind enough to allow me to take back the store and TC purchases because they weren't updated yet.

No update was made while I was over the precious 175 cap after the season and I spoke to Victor about it. Just like Moholot's situation, I'll be getting those points at the end of season. That looks to be the precedent here.

EDIT: After the season started*

Edited by AwfulHomesick

No update was made while I was over the precious 175 cap before the season and I spoke to Victor about it. Just like Moholot's situation, I'll be getting those points at the end of season. That looks to be the precedent here.

You earned those points prior to S37. Why didn't you update them before the season?

Also, Molholt didn't get his points back. That is the precedent.

I understand the rule I just want to know why it is in limbo every year. Another thing, why should a goalie be different than a player?

If the case is that someone is working around it, then Fong should have counted against the cap in his first year after being drafted with his last player. Just saying it gets twisted every year I think.

I understand the rule I just want to know why it is in limbo every year. Another thing, why should a goalie be different than a player?

If the case is that someone is working around it, then Fong should have counted against the cap in his first year after being drafted with his last player. Just saying it gets twisted every year I think.

Well then the rulers need to clarify the rule and enforce it evenly instead of screwing one or a few members.

That's the part that is messed up. If you earned 500 points in the VHLM but didn't spend them, you wouldn't be allowed to stay in the VHLM. It doesn't matter that you don't add them, it matters that you have them. That was the case for me - I assumed that would be the way it worked moving forward, surprised this is still an issue.

Can I also earn points but not update them to stay in a different pay grade on the salary brackets? Or is that frowned upon?

Edited by Molholt

That's the part that is messed up. If you earned 500 points in the VHLM but didn't spend them, you wouldn't be allowed to stay in the VHLM. It doesn't matter that you don't add them, it matters that you have them. That was the case for me - I assumed that would be the way it worked moving forward, surprised this is still an issue.

Agreed. I was under the impression this had already been solved and it would be a hard cap from now on.

Agreed. I was under the impression this had already been solved and it would be a hard cap from now on.

Agreed. I understand what they are saying in the case of Olynick, but why punish him if we never punished Fong for the same thing?

If you really wanted to in force it I could give you some other names. I'm not disagreeing with the whole cap (because in reality I was one to help implement it as an updater) I just think we shouldn't be jerks for the sake of jerks to one guy and not to another.

Agreed. I understand what they are saying in the case of Olynick, but why punish him if we never punished Fong for the same thing?

If you really wanted to in force it I could give you some other names. I'm not disagreeing with the whole cap (because in reality I was one to help implement it as an updater) I just think we shouldn't be jerks for the sake of jerks to one guy and not to another.

The Molholt should get his TPE first and foremost. I can't speak for other instances since I'm not in charge of making these decisions. I just think it should be fair across the board and clear.

The Molholt should get his TPE first and foremost. I can't speak for other instances since I'm not in charge of making these decisions. I just think it should be fair across the board and clear.

Agreed!

For clarity's sake: if a player starts a season in the VHLM below 175 TPE, then breaks it during the season, is he no longer eligible for VHLM play?

For clarity's sake: if a player starts a season in the VHLM below 175 TPE, then breaks it during the season, is he no longer eligible for VHLM play?

No, it's (supposed to be) a hard cap for the beginning of the season. Just like salary brackets.