Beketov

Most Consecutive Shutouts

CLICK HERE

Hey look, first time I've ever made one of these old stat lists, usually that's @Victor's thing. Anyway, obviously if you see who is at the top you'll understand why I wanted to. I was curious to see if Holik holds the record and he...kinda does and kinda doesn't; more on that in a bit. A few quick notes about these stats before we get into the interesting bits. These obviously only go back as far as S20 because that's all the indexes we have. It's unlikely any goalie hit above a 3 streak at best prior to S20. S40 and S43 aren't represented because the indexes are broken for both so I could not collect the data from them. Also, team is listed purely out of interest, the streaks are for lone goalies only so if a team had a 3 streak but the middle was played by the backup goalie the streak doesn't count. This shortened a few streaks that would have been longer (for example @Devise made a couple of my 3 streaks into 2 with Rift) but I don't recall it taking any streaks completely away. CPU goalies didn't count for obvious reasons though interestingly a few of them did go on streaks themselves. Which brings us to the interesting facts of this data!

First up there's the obvious tie at the top. Jakab Holik set the record of 5 in S54 which was tied in S55 by Astrid Moon (@Trifecta). This tie is interesting for a few reasons. Holik's 5 took place in the first 5 games of the season making it the longest streak to start a season in VHL history but it is not the longest total streak. Moon's streak time wise lasted longer, 313 minutes and 51 seconds to be exact (Holik’s was 301 and change). Moon was actually very close to holding both these records as his 5 streak started in his second game of the season. Another fun note on streak length, Mike Szatkowski Jr. (@Mike) was the first player to hit a 4 streak and did it twice (S38 and 41) a full 5 seasons before it was achieved by another.

Unsurprisingly the 50's saw the most streaks with some of the top goalie talent the VHL has ever seen being represented. However it's S55 that takes home the title of most streaks with 20. S54 was not far behind with 18. Most but not all seasons had at least 1 streak and the overall amount per season has been steadily decreasing since the 50's.

Jakab Holik just barely edges out Rhett DeGrath (@STZ)and Greg Clegane (@Victor) for most streaks with 15 while the Hall of Famers of DeGrath and Clegane both managed 14. None of them own the record for most streaks in a single season though. That belongs to Ilya Kopralkov (I don't recall who his agent was) who had 5 streaks of 2 in S52. Despite having the top goalie named after him Aiden Shaw (again, blanking on the agent, I feel dumb) only managed 4 streaks throughout his career; though potentially had more in older indexes.

Lastly for the sake of interesting stuff, the New York Americans hold the record for most streaks total (44) likely aided heavily by having several top streak earners playing for them at one time or another as well as Kopralkov's above mentioned 5 in a season.

52 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Aiden Shaw (again, blanking on the agent, I feel dumb)

A use of the tag search leads me to believe that Ree_21's time in the VHL predates the move to this site

4 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

A use of the tag search leads me to believe that Ree_21's time in the VHL predates the move to this site

Honestly I don’t even remember if Ree made it to site 2.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I don’t even remember if Ree made it to site 2.

Pretty sure he did...he was running the Mag for forever and I know that lasted for a while

5 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

@Beketov Thanks for your time with this and another interesting Moon tidbit.

I was actually really surprised when I saw 5. I didn’t think anyone else had ever gotten that many. Just another of my potential records Moon tied haha