Gritty has retired!

VHL Bot

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

if i unretire my player i just have to wait longer for that first gen bonus, seems silly to me

Which mascot you going to be next? I vote for Slapshot.

• Commissioner
Just now, eaglesfan036 said:

10 tpe, and I'm not going to let everyone else get an advantage in tpe over me to start my player that's just dumb

10 TPE is less than a week and honestly TPE totals mean far less than how you use it. I’d argue being a vet member you know way more about how to not waste points meaning that 10 TPE difference disappears pretty fast.

9 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

10 tpe, and I'm not going to let everyone else get an advantage in tpe over me to start my player that's just dumb

10, less the 4 you never added as carryover, so 6...

13 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Seems pretty petty when you're not even capping on a weekly basis, but that just me. Plenty of TPE left on the table to be upset about 6/10 TPE.

I'm newer to the league, but I think you're missing the point of the bonus in the first place, it seems like a bonus to encourage retention of new players who are likely to lose interest within the first couple of weeks before they even break 100. 

But like @Beketov said, the 10 TPE is pretty meaningless in the whole scope of things, when you're comparing how new inexperienced members use the 10 TPE opposed to how a veteran league member utilizes their points. Hang tough though, 10 juicy TPE waiting at the end of this 3 to 4 season holdout 

3 minutes ago, RunnerBert11 said:

Seems pretty petty when you're not even capping on a weekly basis, but that just me. Plenty of TPE left on the table to be upset about 6/10 TPE.

I'm newer to the league, but I think you're missing the point of the bonus in the first place, it seems like a bonus to encourage retention of new players who are likely to lose interest within the first couple of weeks before they even break 100. 

But like @Beketov said, the 10 TPE is pretty meaningless in the whole scope of things, when you're comparing how new inexperienced members use the 10 TPE opposed to how a veteran league member utilizes their points. Hang tough though, 10 juicy TPE waiting at the end of this 3 to 4 season holdout 

if it was just for new members that's one thing, but this rule encourages me to leave for 3 seasons and come back rather than just make a player now

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

the rule is stupid and encourages me to leave the league for 3 seasons rather than creating a player right away

It really doesn’t, you’re simply reading it that way. I’ve never looked at that and thought “hmm, I could create now, or I could wait 6 months so that I can earn 10 extra TPE.

When players are easily hitting 1000 10 extra TPE isn’t going to make or break you.