Gritty has retired!

VHL Bot

So I'm admittedly somewhat biased, but I can unbiasedly say it does sort of suck to not get the TPE. I had something extremely similar happen to me in the SBA a while back, where I had 2 bad players that never made it out of the minors. On my next player who I had planned on sticking with (but obviously didn't) I wasn't able to claim extra TPE since I had had a previous player.

At the end of the day, it's only 10 TPE, but it's still kind of meh to be in this position.

1 minute ago, flyersfan1453 said:

So I'm admittedly somewhat biased, but I can unbiasedly say it does sort of suck to not get the TPE. I had something extremely similar happen to me in the SBA a while back, where I had 2 bad players that never made it out of the minors. On my next player who I had planned on sticking with (but obviously didn't) I wasn't able to claim extra TPE since I had had a previous player.

At the end of the day, it's only 10 TPE, but it's still kind of meh to be in this position.

Its not for "active" members though. Its meant to be a reward for new member that hit a milestone..... We get recreate TPE as our reward. If you don't meet the requirements for it why does it suck?

10 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Its not for "active" members though. Its meant to be a reward for new member that hit a milestone..... We get recreate TPE as our reward. If you don't meet the requirements for it why does it suck?

other returning members meet the requirement and i dont

if it was just for first gens i would be ok with it

10 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

In my situation, it's because I was neither active nor good enough to have re-create TPE, but I was sort of kind of around just semi-active at most, so I still had a player in the league.

2 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Understandable, but wouldn't you say that the experienced gained from the 1st two players that were busts would outweigh the 10 TPE deficit?

I would just assume a member's 3rd player would still turn out better than a newbies 1st player, even if that member's 3rd player did receive the additional 10 TPE.

Being new myself, I viewed the 10 TPE as an incentive to hang around and figure everything out with my 1st player, even if he wasn't making an impact in the sims initially.

4 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

other returning members meet the requirement and i dont

if it was just for first gens i would be ok with it

Its the same as stores giving out cookies for kids that come into the bakery. Once you are not a kid anymore you don't get cookies.

Its for members that go inactive for a long period of time and come back and are essentially "New" members.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Its the same as stores giving out cookies for kids that come into the bakery. Once you are not a kid anymore you don't get cookies.

Its for members that go inactive for a long period of time and come back and are essentially "New" members.

ok so if I went to a candy store as a kid and got candy, then come back in 30 years as a "new" customer I get candy again?

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

ok so if I went to a candy store as a kid and got candy, then come back in 30 years as a "new" customer I get candy again?

If your a new customer you just might.

5 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I think it would weird a candy store out if a 30 something year old was hanging around looking for handouts...

This is the same reason why we need to limit government handouts, people get something for free and then just expect it all the time, instead of appreciating the fact that they got anything in the first place for doing nothing.

• Head Moderator

To be fair i petitioned for the returning members aspect of the 10 TPE to be removed completely.

As mentioned elsewhere, a member returning is not likely weighted on the 10 tpe anyways so it should be a non-factor.

20 minutes ago, RunnerBert11 said:

Understandable, but wouldn't you say that the experienced gained from the 1st two players that were busts would outweigh the 10 TPE deficit?

I would just assume a member's 3rd player would still turn out better than a newbies 1st player, even if that member's 3rd player did receive the additional 10 TPE.

Being new myself, I viewed the 10 TPE as an incentive to hang around and figure everything out with my 1st player, even if he wasn't making an impact in the sims initially.

No, because I was only new to the SBA specifically, not sim leagues in general. If I was new to player sim leagues, then yes, potentially.

21 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

No, because I was only new to the SBA specifically, not sim leagues in general. If I was new to player sim leagues, then yes, potentially.

So you didn't learn anything or gain any experience or knowledge specific to the SBA with those first 2 players is what you're saying?!

Compare this to someone without any prior knowledge of sim leagues, that 10 TPE is basically a nonfactor then in the whole scheme of things.