Gritty has retired!

VHL Bot

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Ahma said:

Nooooo

SAD

He will always stay in our hearts:Gritty:

He will also stay in the league since he already un-retired. Though that begs the question to @Will, does the portal have protocols for this or do we just re-attach the player to the team and member manually?

51 minutes ago, Beketov said:

He will also stay in the league since he already un-retired. Though that begs the question to @Will, does the portal have protocols for this or do we just re-attach the player to the team and member manually?

It's not easily found, but in ACP, you can go into the player page and "Un-Retire" them. Uncheck that box, and change their retirement season back to Draft+8 (the season after their final season - S65 = 73).

23 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

I always thought pointing out loopholes as a veteran forum member was better by just pointing it out to those in charge instead of throwing a bit of a tantrum.

I did point it out and nothing happened so I took my own course of action

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I did point it out and nothing happened so I took my own course of action

When did you do this? I don't recall it ever being mentioned. I actually kinda forgot that caveat to the rule was even in there.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

me and quik discussed it

Was it public? Surely if it's not public you could just be yanking everyones chain with your comment. I'd like to think when I become a veteran here if I see a loophole I'll bring it up to the public to discuss, instead of trying to exploit it and in turn looking like an idiot in the end.

2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

me and quik discussed it

I mean, it was more framed as a "If I don't get my way, I'm retiring" conversation than anything else...

If you wanted a real discussion, pretending to try and hold me hostage over 6 TPE to prove a point wasn't the way to do it. As it is, the wording is because the First Gen Purchase is the same, and the logic was that members who've been gone for that long would have the choice of either taking their carryover, or getting to "start fresh."

5 hours ago, FacePuncher said:

if only this announcement was about real life

They say if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life, so...can IRL Gritty really retire from the cocaine and $2 HJs?

15 minutes ago, Quik said:

They say if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life, so...can IRL Gritty really retire from the cocaine and $2 HJs?

image.png

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

image.png

Go to your local drinking establishment of choice, find drunk dudes, offer them HJs for $2 apiece and then steal their cocaine. Pretty simple formula, really...

Just now, Quik said:

Go to your local drinking establishment of choice, find drunk dudes, offer them HJs for $2 apiece and then steal their cocaine. Pretty simple formula, really...

I was at a very dirty pub last night....