WJC Commissioner - Hiring ONE! 

Banackock

WJC Commissioner - Hiring ONE! 

image.png.8cb29832b2c1fba45f52283dd5192c75.png

I was gonna grab an uncle sam "We want you" for this job promo, but then this sweet logo design came up and it was neat and I had to share it. So share it I did!

It's that wonderful time of the season where we get to experience our newest members and players play it out for their home countries in the S65 World Junior Championships. This has been a tournament that's gone now for a few seasons and since its revival, I feel like it's had some good success and been a lot of fun. It gives members the opportunity to represent their birth nations, complete in an international tournament prior to the WC, get experience in jobs or further cement your legacy and of course, kick some ass chasing that oh so sweet gold!

@BladeMaiden has decided to stay on as a commissioner for this upcoming season. We appreciate and express all the thanks in the world to @Sonnet for all the help you've done with us during the WJC. WITH THAT BEING SAID, Blade is looking for a partner to help take on the WJC. 

World Junior Commissioners Duties:

• Update the Eligibility List and make sure everyone is listed in the good team, as the portal tends to make everyone Canadian.
  • Help in the hiring process of the 5 World Junior Championship General Managers.
  • Promote the World Junior Championship around the board, on the Discord or wherever you may want.
  • Decide the recipients of the tournament awards.
  • Update various All-Time Lists with this season's statistics, histories etc.

The job pays 3 capped TPE per week for the duration of the tournament and will give you a light, fun, short-term management experience. The newly hired WJC Commissioner won't be able to apply for a WJC GM job. Don't apply here if you plan on being a GM, as we'll start the hiring process after the Commish is named.

If this is something that could interest you, apply by posting in this thread.

Edited by Banackock

Hello, I would surely want to try this and get at least some experience. 

I am a fairly active new member of VHL and fantasy hockey pages in general, so this definitely would provide me more insight on how the management part works. 

FrostBeard applies as commissioner assisting Blade!

Edited by FrostBeard

I'm new to the league as of 4 weeks ago, but really enjoying it so far and have been looking for more ways to get involved. I think this would be a great opportunity to get a feel for the management side of things and see how some of the behind the scenes duties are carried out. On that note, I'd like to be considered for "assistant to the commissioner!" (Little Dwight Schrute reference for you office fans!)

21 hours ago, RunnerBert11 said:

I'm new to the league as of 4 weeks ago, but really enjoying it so far and have been looking for more ways to get involved. I think this would be a great opportunity to get a feel for the management side of things and see how some of the behind the scenes duties are carried out. On that note, I'd like to be considered for "assistant to the commissioner!" (Little Dwight Schrute reference for you office fans!)

assistant commissioner*

Thanks everyone for applying!

With such an amazing range of candidates you made it  hard to choose who would be my partner in crime. With the blessing of the WJC god (aka @Banackock) it was decided that we would go with a newcomer who is making waves in the VHLM and is perhaps one of the most likeable fellas in the league! @FrostBeard get on the WJC hype train because you are getting paid son!!

And for everyone that is interested we will be hiring GMs soon!! Just because you missed out on being a commissioner doesn’t mean you cant still make some tpe and have some serious fun as a GM!

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

Thanks everyone for applying!

With such an amazing range of candidates you made it  hard to choose who would be my partner in crime. With the blessing of the WJC god (aka @Banackock) it was decided that we would go with a newcomer who is making waves in the VHLM and is perhaps one of the most likeable fellas in the league! @FrostBeard get on the WJC hype train because you are getting paid son!!

And for everyone that is interested we will be hiring GMs soon!! Just because you missed out on being a commissioner doesn’t mean you cant still make some tpe and have some serious fun as a GM!

Huge thanks for this @BladeMaiden and @Banackock for giving me an opportunity here in WJC. It is truly a great honour and I shall do everything to prove I was a great choice for this spot!