Hiring S65 WJC GMs

BladeMaiden

Hi Everyone,

The WJC Commissioners team ( @Banackock, @FrostBeard and myself) are starting the General Managers hiring process for the upcoming World Junior Championship. We are looking for 5 dedicated members of our community to manage each of one of our five WJC teams. It's a good position to learn what being a GM is all about (mostly) in this league and what better way than chasing after sweet, sweet gold. 

As a GM, you'll be tasked with:

- Selecting a roster of players to represent your country

- Helping to generate discussion with your selected team-mates in both your respective team forum and in game threads.

- Submitting lines for each game (If you have no prior experience of this, then a teammate or the WJC Commissioners will be more than happy to assist).

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Team Europe (All Europe, excluding Russia)

Team Asia (All Asia, including Russia)

Team World (All other countries and players not selected for the above four teams)

Things To Consider:

- A 2 capped TPE pay will be awarded to General Managers, providing an extra incentive for those thinking about applying for the role. 

- Primarily, we will be looking to have teams represented by General Managers that own players of the same nationality. 

- If you're someone with no previous management experience in the VHL, then a role as WJC General Manager is a great way to introduce you to the basic concepts of managing a team.

Resources:

WJC Section on Forum

WJC S65 Eligibility

WJC Rules

Championship History + Player and GM all-time stats

Nation Rankings

Edited by BladeMaiden

Applying yet again for Canada. Yet I will understand if our tourney execs wish to give someone else a shot.

I understand I'm a long shot for anything at all, but:

-Garcia is American, so USA is my first choice.

-However it would be an honor to be considered for anything at all.

Thank you to everyone who has applied. This WJC we are running with a new exciting theme. Beat the Pros That is why we will be calling on the expertise of Bushito and ShawnGlade to put these new GMs to the test and see if experience really is everything. Can these young guns beat the Pros ? We are about to find out. Can we all have a moment of Silence for @Jubo07 who will be cheering for Canada from the sidelines for the first time in 3 season.

Our S65 WJC GMs:

Team Canada @Bushito

Team USA - @uphillmoss

Team Europe (All Europe, excluding Russia) - @TsarPeter

Team Asia (All Asia, including Russia)- @GustavMattias

Team World @ShawnGlade

Who will rise to the top? May the odds be ever in your favor!

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

Thank you to everyone who has applied. This WJC we are running with a new exciting theme. Beat the Pros That is why we will be calling on the expertise of Bushito and ShawnGlade to put these new GMs to the test and see if experience really is everything. Can these young guns beat the Pros ? We are about to find out. Can we all have a moment of Silence for @Jubo07 who will be cheering for Canada from the sidelines for the first time in 3 season.

Our S65 WJC GMs:

Team Canada @Bushito

Team USA - @uphillmoss

Team Europe (All Europe, excluding Russia) - @TsarPeter

Team Asia (All Asia, including Russia)- @GustavMattias

Team World @ShawnGlade

Who will rise to the top? May the odds be ever in your favor!

Let's go Team Asia! Many thanks to anyone at all who considered me for this position--I can say I'm very surprised and excited that I'm here. 

When are rosters due and how do I submit them?