Plate Let Go From Saskatoon Wild (AGM FIRING) [1/2]

Plate

On 15/03/2019, Assistant General Manager Plate was let go from his management position due to a lack of engagement, duty and responsibility to the Saskatoon We sat down with Plate for an exclusive interview.

“Mr. Plate, with all due respect, what happened?”

“You see, I think I know the exact incident that led to this move. There was a miscommunication involving the lines, now, mostly on my behalf. However, for the past couple simming weeks the lines weren’t updated. Peace had given me that task and I failed to do it. Our team dropped a lot because of it. I feel bad mostly for the guys that were in the locker room. We have… well I had a good team with Saskatoon.”

“Was this a sudden thing that happened, then?”

“No of course not. I basically asked Peace if I could be removed from the position. It wasn’t so much of a discussion as it was “I have this personal project with the league, and I can’t be both Assistant General Manager and have a roll in what I’m doing now.” so I decided to let Peace know that he had my blessing to do what he had to do.”

“What’s this personal project?”

“Had I wanted you to know, I would have told you what it was, end of discussion.”

“How can we be sure that the next time you’re given a job, you’ll stick to it?”

“If you’re referring to my position with the VSN, then don’t take it to heart. I was threatened to be fired behind closed doors if I continued to bring my grievances from the organization to light. It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of what they’re doing. It’s ironic how a media organization can be so sensoring. And from what I can see nothing has changed. So, in that case, if there’s a good organization worth fighting for, I’ll be more than happy to fight alongside it.

However, in terms of getting another position as an Assistant General Manager, the one thing that I would like to say is that at least I’m honest. And I think that my removal was mostly based around circumstance. Whereas I was busy with the aforementioned personal project. I didn’t do my job the first time around. It’s as simple as that. I just didn’t do my job. Mistakes are okay, just as long as they happen once.”

Mr. Plate was 11-16-1 with the Saskatoon Wild. We did not contact Saskatoon for any further comments.

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Plate Let Go From Saskatoon Wild (AGM FIRING) [1/2]