Oh Crystal Ball (VHLM Expansion)

Banackock

2ele5fr.jpg

Where does the VHLM go NEXT?

REWARD: $1,000,000 + 3 bonuses of 500k 

If I/we choose yours for the next expansion AND you put forth effort and discussion in this thread (who, what, where when - idk for the city/cities), I will personally give you $1,000,000 VHL bucks out of one of my players accounts and 500K each to 3 others who contribute well in this thread.. 

Well, we know it's a thing that maybe, oh maybe could be coming in the near future or distant one for sure. The leagues commissioners, exec's and all the fancy lads who wear suits to keep the gears running in this league are consistently working at making the league stronger, more enjoyable and obviously, bigger. We just added Philadelphia and Houston to the VHLM list of teams and removed Oslo (to Minnesota) and such. Now, I get there's no travel and shit, but spreading out in areas is nice instead of all being congested to the eastern side of things. That's me voicing my opinion, hehe. Hell, maybe even slowly venturing out internationally again could be a thing! Let's hear what you got!

My questions for you: 

Your Special Ops Team has caught wind that you are being suggested as the newest VHLM Owner of a team. Despite no official announcement or even a word to you of getting the team, you get to thinking on where your team is going to be out of. Where are you putting your VHLM team? Where would you like to see one? Why would you like to see one there? Logo ideas? ETC.

LET THE S65 VHLM HUNGER GAMES BEGIN 

:action2:

@BOG

@Commissioner

@VHLM Commissioner

Hello ladies and gentlemen - I have a great dream and I believe it has to be done...

A long time ago, when FrostBeard was a young lad, living deep in Latvian countryside, he had a dream, magnificent and truly amazing dream...

He always thought that Hockey league is in need of a team in the beautiful city of San Diego!

They deserve a competitive junior hockey team that would storm VHLM and would be called San Diego Whales! Because of... Well - some of you will get it...

I truly hope this will come true and we will see more teams on the West coast of North America!

1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen - I have a great dream and I believe it has to be done...

A long time ago, when FrostBeard was a young lad, living deep in Latvian countryside, he had a dream, magnificent and truly amazing dream...

He always thought that Hockey league is in need of a team in the beautiful city of San Diego!

They deserve a competitive junior hockey team that would storm VHLM and would be called San Diego Whales! Because of... Well - some of you will get it...

I truly hope this will come true and we will see more teams on the West coast of North America!

The name makes good sense to me considering what San Diego translates too. Not sure what I think about the logo though :clooney:

The Yukon Rush played the Ottawa Lynx recently (and lost :(). It was Sami Van Den Dreissche's first time actually visiting Eastern Canada. The morning of the day before the Ottawa game, Sami traveled to Montreal to see the birthplace of hockey. While there, he felt a sort of tension in the air. He had researched Montreal before his visit and took note of the Anglo-French divide within Quebec, and especially Montreal. Dreissche, growing up in a household that was also split along linguistic lines, felt the need to take action. The one thing that both sides share is a love for hockey, and he decided to use this to his advantage. Red to represent the English, Blue to represent the Quebecois, and White to represent the unity between them. The Montreal Voyagers, successor to les Canadiens, inheritor of the Maroons. 

Allez Montreal. Go Habs Go. 

Edited by TsarPeter

As much I want to be biased about EDMONTON having a VHL or VHLM club, we wouldn't want to make Calgary jealous and have that city whine like babies for their own, I'll go to a more non hockey market. 

The NHL has made hockey happen in several markets that don't support or in some cases know what hockey is until it's on it's way there (Vegas,Florida, most other American cities) so why not have the VHLM try it's own luck.

I give you the CHERNOBYL NUKES.

th?id=OIP.InZ2vjwZyNjoE-nM7KydLQHaHE&pid

30 some years after the nuclear disaster, scientists have gone into some more remote areas and found the radiation has mutated a man made pond and playground into the worlds most perfect sheet of ice complete with stands and seats built wide enough to easily fit a normal human in a radiation suit. 

Players equipment would need to be specially designed by TRUE NORTH HOCKEY EQUIPMENT to keep players safe from exposure, which would provide the home team with a distinct home ice advantage. 

All concession items are cooked or made in the nuclear waste enabling things like food and snacks to be 5x the size, but priced at non radiated prices.

The logo possibilities are endless, with something as simple as a radiation warning sign or Vault Boy all the way to a cartoon image of something that's been affected by the disaster for 30+ years. 

Player "development" will also be superior due to the naturally occurring toxic sludge baths in the dressing room.

Edited by oilmandan

2 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

As much I want to be biased about EDMONTON having a VHL or VHLM club, we wouldn't want to make Calgary jealous and have that city whine like babies for their own, I'll go to a more non hockey market. 

The NHL has made hockey happen in several markets that don't support or in some cases know what hockey is until it's on it's way there (Vegas,Florida, most other American cities) so why not have the VHLM try it's own luck.

Capture.PNG.eb8b06a5124209e32686b643c6906353.PNG
Nice Florida Attendance

If I was given the control to slap a VHLM team anywhere I can't think of a better place than Nashville. I may be sorta biased because it's where I live but I have always felt like southern markets are ignored. For the name I've had the idea of the Nashville Dreadnoughts, as dreadnought guitars are the most popular acoustic guitar type and Nashville is the music city. The allows us to have a cool logo of a guitar and also maybe a ship as well (although Nashville isn't connected to any oceans). For a colour scheme I love how the old Philadelphia/Vancouver Blazers looked with their Yellow and Orange thing they had going on. Besides Nashville I would love to see a team in Atlanta, because it is another southern team and I loved the whole thing the Thrashers had going on, but besides another southern team another good place would be Quebec City or Montreal for an eastern Canada sorta thing. Maybe a West Coast team too, like Portland or San Diego as previously mentioned.

If you guys want a international team I got one the Colombo Knights. I would like to see the Colombo Knights in the VHLM because there because there are no teams in south aisa or Africa and this team will represent those parts of the world. The logo could be a knight. I hope you guys consider my idea!

Edited by nethi99

Where would I put my team?

Portland!

Where do I wanna see a team?

Mexico City

Logo Ideas

Portland Beavers -

Angry beaver chewing through hockey stick (bipedal) looks almost like a penguins/sharks logo mashed

Colors: Green, Brown, Orange

Mexico City Desperados

Sunset circular logo with Desperado looking down. 

Colors: Green, white, Red

Looking at this map, every team seems to be concentrated in the same general region: Southern Canada or any part of the United States. Except, well, the Yukon Rush. 

The Rush are located in the center of Canada's northwestern province of Yukon, which I didn't even know existed until I looked at this map. Actually, I thought Yukon was in the middle of Alaska, but whatever. Upon further review, the placement of the Rush logo on this map seems to place the team in the village of Mayo (population about 200), located in the center of the province. While some have dismissed the idea of having a team in the middle of Canadian nowhere as ridiculous, it is my opinion that the farthest reaches of the Western Hemisphere's geography are among the most fascinating regions of the world--undisturbed by man and a true spectacle of nature. 

Because of this, it is my suggestion that VHLM higher-ups consider the placement of another team in a remote area of the far north. Not in Canada, not in Alaska, but an area not even part of this map. How about...Greenland?

Yes, people actually live there. Over 55,000 people, in fact. Though this is, not surprisingly, a low density for the world's largest island (actually, if you want to get technical with things, it's three islands under the ice sheet), it still has its population centers, most of which are concentrated in the Western half (if I wanted to get really remote with things, I'd put a team in Scoresbysund, a village of 492 people in the Eastern part of Greenland, surrounded by absolutely nothing in all directions). These centers, in fact, include a capital: Nuuk. 

Nuuk actually manages to make the Yukon village of Mayo look like the small village it is--home to over 17,000 people, it is, in fact, larger than my own hometown. It has an airport, a university, and it's home to the government of Greenland, a constitutional monarchy led by Queen Margarethe II since 1972. As the (actual) site of the first discovery of land in the Western Hemisphere, Greenland deserves all the historical recognition it can get, and what better way to accomplish this than by putting it on the map as the home of a professional hockey team in a league that many follow intently?

Because of this, I see no greater alternative than to say...

...Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...the Nuuk Nukes.

Edit: @oilmandan I started this reply before seeing your idea for the Chernobyl Nukes. I came up with this on my own, I swear--I would never copy someone else's idea and pass it off as my own. The best of luck to both of us.

Edit #2: ...and here's definitive proof that I have indeed thought of this name beforehand--I actually talked about it in my first VHLM player press conference, back on February 25th!

Going to tag @Banackock here to clear my name and also tag @oilmandan again because I hope everything's all cool between us. I am not in any way trying to say that he stole my name, and it is my opinion that he most certainly did not; I just want to make it perfectly clear to everyone that I ABSOLUTELY did not see his post and decide to piggyback on it.

image.png.0bb2a94caead932dffd789cdd27e73a4.png

*Disclaimer: the above logo is not my own work. It is in fact something I found on Clipart Library, a royalty-free online image collection, and as such still may be used as a logo for a VHLM team. I wish I could design a logo; however, I am not only not at all artistically inclined, but even less artistically inclined in terms of digital art programs, with which I am entirely unfamiliar. I hope you at least like the team name.

Edited by GustavMattias

7 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Looking at this map, every team seems to be concentrated in the same general region: Southern Canada or any part of the United States. Except, well, the Yukon Rush. 

The Rush are located in the center of Canada's northwestern province of Yukon, which I didn't even know existed until I looked at this map. Actually, I thought Yukon was in the middle of Alaska, but whatever. Upon further review, the placement of the Rush logo on this map seems to place the team in the village of Mayo (population about 200), located in the center of the province. While some have dismissed the idea of having a team in the middle of Canadian nowhere as ridiculous, it is my opinion that the farthest reaches of the Western Hemisphere's geography are among the most fascinating regions of the world--undisturbed by man and a true spectacle of nature. 

Because of this, it is my suggestion that VHLM higher-ups consider the placement of another team in a remote area of the far north. Not in Canada, not in Alaska, but an area not even part of this map. How about...Greenland?

Yes, people actually live there. Over 55,000 people, in fact. Though this is, not surprisingly, a low density for the world's largest island (actually, if you want to get technical with things, it's three islands under the ice sheet), it still has its population centers, most of which are concentrated in the Western half (if I wanted to get really remote with things, I'd put a team in Scoresbysund, a village of 492 people in the Eastern part of Greenland, surrounded by absolutely nothing in all directions). These centers, in fact, include a capital: Nuuk. 

Nuuk actually manages to make the Yukon village of Mayo look like the small village it is--home to over 17,000 people, it is, in fact, larger than my own hometown. It has an airport, a university, and it's home to the government of Greenland, a constitutional monarchy led by Queen Margarethe II since 1972. As the (actual) site of the first discovery of land in the Western Hemisphere, Greenland deserves all the historical recognition it can get, and what better way to accomplish this than by putting it on the map as the home of a professional hockey team in a league that many follow intently?

Because of this, I see no greater alternative than to say...

...Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...the Nuuk Nukes.

Edit: @oilmandan I started this reply before seeing your idea for the Chernobyl Nukes. I came up with this on my own, I swear--I would never copy someone else's idea and pass it off as my own. The best of luck to both of us.

image.png.0bb2a94caead932dffd789cdd27e73a4.png

*Disclaimer: the above logo is not my own work. It is in fact something I found on Clipart Library, a royalty-free online image collection, and as such still may be used as a logo for a VHLM team. I wish I could design a logo; however, I am not only not at all artistically inclined, but even less artistically inclined in terms of digital art programs, with which I am entirely unfamiliar. I hope you at least like the team name.

Nuuk Nuuk 
Who's There
Nuuk
Nuuk Who
Nuuk Nukes Anti-Nuuks

I think it would be pretty cool to get a mountain state into the league, but as opposed to Arizona or Colorado maybe go for something less obvious. I was thinking Wyoming and as for a logo and team name why not go with their states famed mythical animal the jackalope? This isn't my art and obviously wouldn't be the final logo but something along these lines would be pretty cool. 

jackalope-wearing-bandanna-mascot-vector-clip-art_csp59449110_burned.jpg

Edited by Matmenzinger

Not a lot to say here, but I think you should pick one Canadian team and one American team to keep it balanced, and then break the league into the Canadian Conference and the American Conference. Would be more fun with conferences and teams could build rivalries against fellow country teams.

I've always gone back to Mexico City if we're committed to stay on this side of the pond. The Sicarios, Luchadores, or Despedaros would be great mascots/names.

I think we should have maintained a European presence though, so I'd like to see teams in France, Germany, Switzerland, and/or Spain. Asia is a good option too, with China, Japan, Nepal, Indonesia, and Mongolia all being interesting options.

Keep it in NA, and Yukon really needs a true rival, so why not the Alaska Moose. Expanding to the EU is great, but I think it'd be awkward with only 1 EU team in the league so I think it should stay american

This logo is already in use so something LIKE this

images.jpg

The Alaska Bullworms

Colors: blue and pink

It's a great reference, and a unique mascot.

The Dallas Stallions 

Colors: blue and gold

I just want a Dallas team tbh.

The Chicago Ice-Devils

Colors: Ice Blue and Dark Red

I'm a fan of most Devil based mascots and Chicago probably needs a team.

The Gothenburg Bats

Colors: purple and black

Sweden. Also "Gothenburg" is pretty close to Gotham. Also it sounds super goth.

The Mexico City Cucoys

Colors: green and black, maybe black and gold

Some very southern flair and a folk creature that parents tell their kids about to scare them.

Edited by Abaddon

7 hours ago, oilmandan said:

As much I want to be biased about EDMONTON having a VHL or VHLM club, we wouldn't want to make Calgary jealous and have that city whine like babies for their own

Calgary Wranglers. Lol I guess they're just that irrelevant that you forgot they existed.

1. Atlanta Osprey

To pick up all the poor Atlanta Thrashers refugees, it's gotta be in Atlanta. Naming it The Osprey keeps the bird theme and provides a choice between making the mascot a badass bird, or a fucking attack helicopter. Colors could be old Thrashers colors, or switch to army green to go with the military theme. 

2. Quebec Quebecois

Who wants a pro hockey team more than Quebec? While it may not be an NHL team, this city would still be a great home to a new VHLM team. Plus, they get to remind everyone just how different they are from the rest of Canada. The logo could be ripped straight from the flag of Quebec, or some horribly offensive French Canadian stereotype. The colors would of course be blue and white. 

3. Kentucky Bourbon

Nashville proved that teams can be financially and professionally successful in the middle of the USA. The logical next step is to take pro hockey to another hub of raucous college sports lovers and let them put their own spin on hockey fandom. Logo/jerseys could look like just a straight up bottle of Jim Beam or other local whiskey, or alternatively, a dude wearing only a whiskey barrel. Colors could be black, white, and that lovely creamy brown you know and love. 

1 minute ago, K1NG LINUS said:

2. Quebec Quebecois

Who wants a pro hockey team more than Quebec? While it may not be an NHL team, this city would still be a great home to a new VHLM team. Plus, they get to remind everyone just how different they are from the rest of Canada. The logo could be ripped straight from the flag of Quebec, or some horribly offensive French Canadian stereotype. The colors would of course be blue and white. 

Really... That name...

10 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

Calgary Wranglers. Lol I guess they're just that irrelevant that you forgot they existed.

My day is much better when I don't think about Calgary in general. So maybe not irrelevant, just ignored