Dimitri Volosenkov S65 VHLM mid-season Interview [1/2]

Hello, today we're here with Halifax 21st season 65 captain, Dimitri Volosenkov. How's it going today Dimitri?

Very well, thank you. Glad to be here.

At this point in the season I imagine you've settled in by now. How are you liking the city, arena atmosphere, teammates, etc.?

This is an amazing city to be in. Everyone is super friendly around here and definitely makes you feel welcome. It just makes it that much more special being from another country and having the fans embrace me as they have is just awesome. I love playing in-front of them night after night. They're some of the best fans I've played for, they always get into the games and I even saw that last season being here playing for Ottawa I got to see what it was like, but it's great to be here. We have a great roster and all the guys on the squad are great dudes.

Are you confident in your teams play coming into the rest of the season? Do you feel you have what it takes to go for a deep run especially with the recent acquisition from Philadelphia?

We've been playing well all year and I have to give a lot of credit to Chase who's been the best in the league for us. But other than goaltending i'm loving the physical play that everyone provides on the ice. Teams know that when they come in our building they have to keep their heads up or we'll make them pay. It shows too, since we have a few guys on our team leading the league in hits. Jet and Edward are great guys to have here in the locker room. I think the GM did a good job picking those guys up and giving up 2 firsts isn't a bad deal for the rentals. Especially now with them on the team it just makes us that much deeper in our lines. We're definitely a force to be reckoned with this season.

With you currently being projected to go in the first round of the VHL Draft this off-season, is there any chance you'd come back to Halifax for another season before making the jump to go pro?

It's definitely something i'm considering. As I said before, I love the atmosphere of this city and everything about this team. So because of that, it does make me want to stick around for another season but that'll be something to discuss with the GM after the draft. For now i'm just focused on my game and trying to my best to get us a cup win.

Speaking of trying your best, are you living up to your expectations of yourself this season, have you surpassed them, or do you feel you're under-performing?

I feel like I've found my stride with this team and it's really helped me play to the best of my ability. I'm growing everyday and working on lots of things to improve in different areas but overall I feel I passed my own expectations a bit. I'm playing well right now and things are going well for me. I'm getting the bounces and the team does a great job even on nights I can't produce so it definitely helps build the confidence to get even better. 

Well it looks like we're all out of time, but thanks for coming in Dimitri and doing the interview. Good luck with the rest of the season, we'll definitely be watching and cheering you on.

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Dimitri Volosenkov S65 VHLM mid-season Interview [1/2]