A Look-In at an Interesting Hobby

Bonzaijoe

"I get recognized every once in a while, but being a rookie is probably the biggest factor in that," Joe Nixon, Vancouver Wolves goaltender, said of his side-hobby. Joe, while on the ice, is an animated and emotional player who will have fun but keep his cool in a game-time situation. Sometimes, on the internet, that animated character inside of him comes out on a webcam in front of others.

Joe, like thousands of other people on the internet, has picked up livestreaming video games as a side hobby. "I'm a huge fan of guitar hero and some dumb games I like to speedrun," Joe noted when asked his favorite things to play. "I'll play just about anything, though. I know most people like to watch streamers be good at the game, but I think I talk enough to make a stream enjoyable when I'm still absolute trash at another game."

Joe noted that this side hobby is his fun time when he's not on the ice. "I don't do it for the money or any possible fame that would come from it. I just enjoy spending my gaming time with others and I'm happy to play in front of an audience who thinks I'm interesting. It's fun and I enjoy it. Sometimes the boys rag on me for it, but what can I say I'm a born actor on and off the ice."