Twinger's Progress [1/2]

Twinger?

Leph Twinger will forever be a mystery to me. I do not know if there might be a specific team that the sim will favour him on, but STHS did not like him on Riga anymore. Now that he is on the New York Americans, he has had some improvement, but is still a point per game player. That is not bad, mind you, but it is a lot worse than what he showed he is capable of. He was the Rookie of the Year when he entered the VHL, scoring 116 points, but had a huge drop off after that. He fell down to 67 points, then 50 points, but is now currently on pace for a better season.

This season, Leph Twinger finds himself in New York. I have never had a player play for the New York Americans until Bo Boeser did for 1 season before he retired. The Americans have always been a team I would loved to have played for, since they were one of the best teams for many seasons when I first came to the VHL back in S36. I hope to help this team bring home a cup in the coming seasons.

----------------------------------

NYR-Hayes-Kevin-1-e1541608833500.jpg

----------------------------------

Currently, Leph Twinger is not among the greats in the league for goals. He is tied for 11th in goals with 15 with Pat Svoboda. That has him ranked 22 players down from the top position, considering all the ties for goals amongst players in the league. One of the reasons for his lack of goals has to be his shot percentage. He has a 6.85% of scoring when he takes a shot, which is just low for a player of his caliber. Most of the great goal scorers have something at least above 10%, so if Twinger wants to get back to his scoring ways that he has shown he is capable of in his career, then he will need to capitalize on those chances.

One thing Leph Twinger has shown is that he is still a menace on the ice. He is still up there in the top ten hitters in the league with 130. Throwing the body is something that he showcased leading into the VHL, so we are glad that it remains in his repertoire. I do not think he would be as affective of a player if that left his game.

Here is the main stat, and it is points. He has 32 points in 33 games. That is not up there in the top of the league, but he has not been a point per game player since his rookie season. If he can manage that, I think he will carry confidence into the latter half of his career and play like a superstar again.

• 2 months later...