Catching up with Matteo

tunedtorock

It’s been an interesting first two seasons for Matteo to say the least.  Originally picked up by Halifax in S64 he played with the VHLM runner ups all season.  Then during the dispersion draft an unexpected error listed him as inactive.  Minnesota took a chance on him which paid off as they now sit in 2nd for S65.  It’s going to be a fight throughout the regular season with his former club 5 points ahead and Ottawa only 1 point behind.  Switching between 1C and 2RW it appears that the Storm are still trying to figure out where Matteo slots in to this team.
In the VHL Matteo was drafted by Vancouver 18th overall.  However we won’t see him in a Vancouver sweater as he was traded to newcomers Moscow Menace last week.  On the recent trade Matteo commented “I understand Vancouver was in a tough spot with the salary cap.  Beavis felt this trade would be the best for my career.  This opportunity to play for Moscow will put a great emphasis on my playing abilities and I plan on taking this challenge head on.”  We will likely see Matteo in S66 with Moscow.