Mark Gebauer interview

Sova

Today we have the opportunity to ask Mark Gebauer, the center of the Moscow Menace, a few questions. First of all I want to know Mark this is your second year in  the big league do you think you are developing at a good pace or do you feel like you are lacking behind your former draft class peers?

"Well, so far I think I am doing quite well. If you consider that I am part of an expansion team, which also is last in the league, the stats that I have personally look quite good. I am 17th in points and 12th in goals this season. There are many other players with better records but you have to see that on my team all the players are still growing, but dont get me wrong I am happy about that because its a great experience to have a whole core grow together, it makes everything easier in terms of chemistry if you have been playing together since your rookie days."

You have often expressed your happiness about being part of the Moscow Menace could you give us a few reasons why?

"Well there are many, but first off all, I want to say I only heard good things about all the teams in the league and they all are great but when I saw the league was expanding to Moscow I just knew I had to be there and so far I have not regretted it. The city is great and this team is terrific from the front office to the 4th line everyone seems to be happy and all this despite being last place in the league.

I think this expansion has been great and Moscow will become a great team in the future."

You have started to do the Faceoffs for your team how do you feel about that?

"Besides the fact that I am not that great at it its a lot of fun. It is like a game in a game and you can practice it in your downtime so it doesn't take a lot away from my other focuses. I will put some more time in it and try to become better at it but at the moment it is not my biggest concern, other things are more important."

You mentioned other more important things, what do you think your game is missing?

"Well when I started in the Minors I was good at Puckhandling and Skating but I kinda neglected that to become a more well rounded player in terms of defence and a better shot. I think I will try and return to my old ways and improve those two facets of my game sooner rather than later."

Who do you look up to in the league?

"Well to be honest I didn't have so much time to find an idol yet and since I am in Moscow there are no real veterans on my team so I would have to say there is no player that i look up to in particular of course some of the HOFs were great players but that's something different."