VHL Expansion

Quik

giphy.gif

Hi Everybody,

As many of you are aware, the VHL is a little crowded. In addition to expanding to an odd number, with now 9 teams in the league, the amount of prospects coming up next season (shoutout once again to our fantastic @Recruitment Crew) necessitated expansion, returning us to a 10-team league. With that said, I will let the league's "newest" GM introduce his franchise:

Spoiler

The VHL saw the Moscow Menace enter as the ninth team and the question on many people’s minds were, “So who will be the tenth team?”  Well, you didn’t have to wait long to find out.

The league has had a Swedish team in the league for most of its history, with the Vasteras Iron Eagles being one of the Inaugural teams before the Stockholm Vikings took over the franchise.  Unfortunately for those in Sweden, these teams did not reach expectations and the franchise was contracted along with the Cologne Express.

Now, it is time for a new era of Swedish hockey and this time, we are going to make sure that we can bring pride to this great nation and bring forth a juggernaut into the league.  Therefore it is my utmost pleasure to introduce the Malmo Nighthawks.  As a logo we have decided to go in a colour direction not currently seen in the league with a bird that will strike the fear into those who oppose it.

I will take the throne behind this team….and for those wondering who the “I” is…it’s the league’s all-time winningest GM with 834 career VHL regular seasons wins over 22 seasons as a General Manager.  Yes, Advantage is taking the throne of the Nighthawks and returns to the league’s General Manager team.

Be afraid, very afraid.

@Advantage

Logo Reveal:

Spoiler

HiEa4pB.png&key=b91d428cd9dd424dff193944

For those wondering, the expansion draft for this expansion will follow the same rules as last draft (teams may protect 7 players + GM player, players with NTCs must contact a commissioner to confirm they have waived them in order to be exposed, if a team cannot expose at least one active member, the new team may select a 3rd round pick from any of the next 3 drafts [S66-68, thanks again @Devise ? ]).

The expansion team will also have a lottery to determine their slotting in each round of the S66 VHL Entry Draft, with equal odds of selecting anywhere from 5-10.

Thank you for reading, and best of luck to Advantage in the upcoming season, and beyond!

• Quik featured this topic
  • Commissioner
1 hour ago, gorlab said:

Logo looks dope and ADV is obviously a great GM, but isn't Moscow already kind of green/yellow coloured?

Yellow =/= Green

Moscow is basically Gold and Silver

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Wasn't on board when I heard it was Malmo but I saw that logo and all was well

It is by far one of our sexiest logos and colour schemes tbh

19 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Gothenburg. Stockholm. Vasteras. Brynas. Yet we land on Malmo. i like ADV id play for them i just think we could have used a better city

3 of those have been in the league before which was the issue and the other (brynas) isn’t a city from what I know.  It’s just a team. 

Either way can’t please everyone and that’s fine. Very excited :)

Edited by Advantage