Nighthawks GM Speaks on Expansion

Advantage

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png&key=58a326011ee97a

Good afternoon everyone, this is the new General Manager of the Malmo Nighthawks writing to you today, as I am putting out my first official team statement regarding the Expansion of the league and my return to the GM fold.

First, I would like to speak on the process of how this came to be.  A little while back I was approached about whether or not I had interest in becoming a GM again, which I definitely did, and whether or not I was interested in running an Expansion team.  Back when I was the GM of Cologne, I had been told that I would have the next opportunity to manage a team after the contraction took place, due to how well I had been putting that team together.  Nevertheless, I took a step away from the league as I personally felt that we were making no strides in improving recruiting and there were some pretty scary signs that the league was heading to a pretty dark place.  Specifically, I definitely wasn’t sure the league had much of a future and it wasn’t until I returned just to see how things were, that I realized how far the league had come.

After fully returning to the league I became admittedly addicted again, just like I did way back in Season 18.  It was like a new league with the Portal changes and the incredible recruiting numbers.  I have no doubts that this is the brightest the league has ever been and that’s why I wanted to take over this Expansion team.  I haven’t been this committed to a GM role since I took over New York originally.  I took over Stockholm because there was nobody who wanted it and they were in pretty desperate need of some leadership.  I took over Cologne because no one wanted it after Punkhippie ran it into the ground.  While I never won with Stockholm, we were a competitive threat for quite a while and had some great runs that just didn’t pan out into Continental Cups.  I never got to fully see through my rebuild of Cologne but we went from a team with a disastrous present and future, into one of the brightest futures in the league, just before contraction claimed them.

Nevertheless, that is why I had an interest in coming back.  I want a chance to break all the records, but more importantly turn an Expansion team, a team that I had entire say of logo and name of, and make them into the league’s juggernaut.  Ultimately, once I knew I was taking over I communicated a set of names I was interested in and then was given a huge list of logos to pick from.  Once we had that, we agreed on the colours of the team and the rest is really history.

Going forward I like our chances with one of the strongest drafts in league history ahead of us, and from what I can tell, a very good chance to draft some excellent players in the upcoming Expansion Draft.  I’m thrilled to be in this position again and I am truly happy to say that I feel like this will be my best run yet as a General Manager.

Regards,

Christopher Miller

GM of the Malmo Nighthawks