Project jRuutu (Amount of Players per Team)

What is your prefered amount?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I still don’t love them and they do complicate other matters but they offer GM’s more freedom to enjoy their careers without being necessarily on their own team and they make changes easier. Of the solutions suggested it was the one most people agreed with.

tbf half of GMs are just using second players for their own goods. Bash, Bana, me. I'm pretty sure Beaviss gonna do everything to get HHH in case if his team doesn't makes the playoffs. Or Spade in the same situation.

13 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

tbf half of GMs are just using second players for their own goods. Bash, Bana, me. I'm pretty sure Beaviss gonna do everything to get HHH in case if his team doesn't makes the playoffs. Or Spade in the same situation.

This is why it should be removed. When you think about what kind of advantage you potentially get for controlling two players for your own team - no need to worry about contracts, is the player going to test FA, how much TPE comes in every week, player randomly retiring or going inactive = everything is on your own hands.

Then at the same time depending what position those players are on, basically 0% chance an outsider comes in and plays on that spot, for example as a LD on the Top pair, as a starting goalie, center on the first line or RW/lw on the first line, = the GM players are there. Those teams are now not going to need center or goalie as badly, defender as badly or a winger as badly - they could even trade picks away and let other teams worry about figuring out who plays and where.  Two line system only makes it worse.

Edited by jRuutu

2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

This is why it should be removed. When you think about what kind of advantage you potentially get for controlling two players for your own team - no need to worry about contracts, is the player going to test FA, how much TPE comes in every week, player randomly retiring or going inactive = everything is on your own hands.

It's not really an advantage since every GM can do it. I do agree though that opening up a soon to be 10 spots around the league isn't a bad idea (even if it does hurt the few GMs that genuinely want their other player to play on other teams).

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Which is why Will and I wanted it gone because the point of it isn’t really to give GM’s 2 players easily. I thought we made some slight regulations against that but maybe I’m wrong and we just discussed them, I can’t recall.

45 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Which is why Will and I wanted it gone because the point of it isn’t really to give GM’s 2 players easily. I thought we made some slight regulations against that but maybe I’m wrong and we just discussed them, I can’t recall.

There are, but I believe most GMs just end up trading for their players anyway. It's just too advantageous to have two players that you control and know will remain active, or can stop earning TPE for roster building reasons.

I think my early suggestion is a good compromise between losing your current player and having a GM player.

2 hours ago, omgitshim said:

It's not really an advantage since every GM can do it. I do agree though that opening up a soon to be 10 spots around the league isn't a bad idea (even if it does hurt the few GMs that genuinely want their other player to play on other teams).

Well in that sense yea, but if fair majority still just keeps or finds a way to have the 2nd player on their own team - the system needs to be removed.

More on the GM´s wanting to play for other teams, if that is the case, is that not worrying at all for the league management? Gotta keep finding new GM´s for potentially new expansion teams, but the already existing ones are on such a thin ice that you need to cater this heavily to them in order to keep them motivated/happy/interested?

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

More on the GM´s wanting to play for other teams, if that is the case, is that not worrying at all for the league management? Gotta keep finding new GM´s for potentially new expansion teams, but the already existing ones are on such a thin ice that you need to cater this heavily to them in order to keep them motivated/happy/interested?

I think you might be looking too far into it at that point. Some people just want a change of pace once in a while, and having players on two teams let's you get to know more people around the league that you probably wouldn't have.

10 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

I think you might be looking too far into it at that point. Some people just want a change of pace once in a while, and having players on two teams let's you get to know more people around the league that you probably wouldn't have.

Correct when I think of HHH he has no ties to me as a general manager beacuse I enjoy both aspects of the game. A major part of me being a general manager is the fact I get two players. Without two players I'd be tempted to just be a player.

5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

A major part of me being a general manager is the fact I get two players. Without two players I'd be tempted to just be a player.

quik, get rid of this two player thing. Maybe Vancouver will finally win something rsz_frxnfkb.png

Edited by hedgehog337

39 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

I get that, keep doing the same thing for multiple seasons, idea of change sounds pretty nice, but if those type of comments start to come out from general managers - weeoo weeoo, red flag.

Edited by jRuutu

28 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Correct when I think of HHH he has no ties to me as a general manager beacuse I enjoy both aspects of the game. A major part of me being a general manager is the fact I get two players. Without two players I'd be tempted to just be a player.

But don´t you think seeing rival GM´s having two of their own players in their teams make being a GM a lot more challenging if you only have one of your guys in the team? With HHH, what if you end up into a team that has GM´s two players on it, is that going to change anything?

As a regular user watching it, if I see my GM joining a team that has already GM holding two players, that is going to be a problem :dogshocked: Talk about stacked teams.

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

But don´t you think seeing rival GM´s having two of their own players in their teams make being a GM a lot more challenging if you only have one of your guys in the team? With HHH, what if you end up into a team that has GM´s two players on it, is that going to change anything?

As a regular user watching it, if I see my GM joining a team that has already GM holding two players, that is going to be a problem :dogshocked: Talk about stacked teams.

That's why we need three lines lol.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Given how deep the recent draft was, a 3rd line may need to happen in the near future just out of necessity.

I mean I understand it from both sides. BoD want to take things a little slower and adjust as necessary - and that's important to avoid a knee-jerk overreaction to this season's recruiting success.

But now, it seems like we're retaining a decent number of newer members (especially a handful of hyper-active ones, like some of the new GMs) and next year's class is progressing pretty smoothly. It may be worth reconsidering this topic.

4 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

I mean I understand it from both sides. BoD want to take things a little slower and adjust as necessary - and that's important to avoid a knee-jerk overreaction to this season's recruiting success.

But now, it seems like we're retaining a decent number of newer members (especially a handful of hyper-active ones, like some of the new GMs) and next year's class is progressing pretty smoothly. It may be worth reconsidering this topic.

Definitely, and the hesitence is warranted given what's happened in the past. I'm of the opinion it's better to open more spaces early than force people away but of course rushing into something new without planning is also unwise. I don't think they want to have a new expansion team every single season until it balances out.

Edited by omgitshim

29 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Definitely, and the hesitence is warranted given what's happened in the past. I'm of the opinion it's better to open more spaces early than force people away but of course rushing into something new without planning is also unwise. I don't think they want to have a new expansion team every single season until it balances out.

3 team are for sure running 3 now and 3 are 1 or 2 players short of the three line systems.

I see two main ways to deal with the recruiting success in the short term based on what others are saying.

Introducing 3 line requirements.

or

Bumping the VHLM Cap to like 250-300. Make it a 2 VHLM season and then the 3rd cuts the number of VHL seasons.