Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

10/4-10/11

Answer 6 to claim 2 TPE

1) Welcome to all the new players! How are you liking it so far?

2) How did you find out about the VHL?

3) What are your goals for the rest of the season?

4) Where do you want to be drafted?

5) What is your favorite animated movie?

6) Do you prefer to nap often, or sleep in late?

1) Welcome to all the new players! How are you liking it so far?  So far so good. this is my second season and Im getting a little better grip on the league

2) How did you find out about the VHL? I have a freind in the leeague Z16

3) What are your goals for the rest of the season? Make it to the show

4) Where do you want to be drafted?  Who ever can get me to the sahow quickest

5) What is your favorite animated movie? Planet of the Apes

6) Do you prefer to nap often, or sleep in late? sleep in late

1) Welcome to all the new players! How are you liking it so far?

RB: At first being left for more then half a day without a team and not understanding why meant it left me time to actually read and learn the whole TPE aspect of the game, so not a completely bad thing right? But overall it has been a interesting experience so far. Looking forward to the draft to really become part of a team.

2) How did you find out about the VHL?

RB: Youtube, through this funny looking guy named Thasher. Never watch his videos before but since he was one of the first posting NHL21 be a pro game play it was enough to get my interest. Seen the ad during his video and since I have time on my hands, came to take a look.

3) What are your goals for the rest of the season?

RB: Train as hard as I can to get a lot of TPE so that I can improve my player and try to improve my overall draft ranking. I am looking to be a first round selection but I am not sure what my draft ranking is currently with the GM and scouts. I have had a good start to VHLM as a waiver player with about a point per game.

4) Where do you want to be drafted?

RB: Learning more about the game has me more concerned about the draft as I wanted to be drafted by either two teams but at the moment I would be happier if I simple get collected by team that is not tanking or about to tank. I want a chance to win and would rather play a third line or role if it means we have a chance at winning rather then looking at my own personal stats only.

5) What is your favorite animated movie?

RB: As a grown adult, I am not sure I am suppose to have a favorite animated movie. LOL!! I am a fan of the Titan A.E. movie since I was a huge fan of the sound track and Creed; so it was great to see at least one of their songs launch them via the movie on a more international career. The movie was very average but most animated movies are since they are aimed at children so more about making you feel good.

6) Do you prefer to nap often, or sleep in late?

RB: Is this a trick question? I like to do both. I like to sleep late like 10pm until 10am if all possible with a nice after noon nap around 1pm or 2pm for an hour. Also taking a nap after super on Saturday Night is a good idea especially if the Maple Leafs are playing.

10/11-10/18

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. I need more music recommendations. Who is your favorite musical artist?

2. What would be your goal song?

3. What is your first hockey memory?

4. Is hockey your number one sport? If not, what is?

5. Would you rather be the captain of a team or the MVP of a team?

6. Do you think it’s more important to have fun, or to win?

7. What is your biggest sports regret?

I listen to a wide variety of bands. Right now I'm into Imagine Dragons and Panic! At the Disco

I'd probably have to go with Natural by Imagine Dragons

I don't know if this counts, but playing Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on N64. I remember always picking the Mighty Ducks because they had the coolest logo.

It definitely is, has been for a long time.

I think the captaincy would be the more rewarding of the two. It shows your leadership skill and the trust your players have in you, which is just as important as being a high scorer.

Always to have fun. For a lot of us that's why we play the game.

Not playing very many sports as a kid. I played T-ball in 1st grade but our team sucked and I had zero motivation to play and never did anything else sporty afterwards, and I wish I had.

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

10/11-10/18

1. Has to be the hardest question ever asked , my mind goes blank everytime someone asks this haha , I'll stick with literally any music , i like it all, but Elton John will always be sickkkkk to me 

2. My goal song would likely be something comedic like shake ya ass by Mystikal 

3. First hockey memory is stepping on the ice for the first time and crying cause I couldn't even stand up at age 3/4

4. Hockey is my favorite by far, only sport I really got into other then recently I started liking basketball and following it more closely

5. Captain 100% , I'm a leader , always have been and it's just how I am, I enjoy to see others success and joyfulness , especially if I'm able to assist with that 

6. I think sports in general come from a competitive nature so you have to be able to handle good and bad , it won't always be fun, you won't always win , but the most important is your enjoying what you do ,so I have to go with fun 

7. I regret not being able to play as much hockey in my final minor years due to an injury 

1. I need more music recommendations. Who is your favorite musical artist? It all depends on on how I feel but I like Eminem a lot, really gets you in the zone. Also Metallica is a great band, I kind of like all genres of music.

2. What would be your goal song? The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again would be my goal song for sure.

3. What is your first hockey memory? My first hockey memory would have to be the 2002 olympics in Salt Lake City when Canada won gold, they had an amazing team and it really got me into hockey.

4. Is hockey your number one sport? If not, what is? Hockey is my number one sport, soccer would have to be second. But nothing beats hockey in my opinion.

5. Would you rather be the captain of a team or the MVP of a team? I would rather be the captain of a team because hockey is a team sport, it’s not about individual awards, it’s about winning the cup at the end of the day.

6. Do you think it’s more important to have fun, or to win? Definitely more important to have fun, that’s what hockey’s all about. You win some and lose some, but just enjoy it.

7. What is your biggest sports regret? It would have to be quitting sports halfway through high school. I played hockey, lacrosse, and soccer but gave it up after grade 10 because i was young and would rather hang out with friends.

RB: I don't have a favorite but I like to listen to rock and any thing with a good beat. It also depends on what I am doing or about to do. When I am getting ready for a game I like upbeat music like Deadmau5 or David Usher. If trying to relax then some Mozart or classical. Steve Perry is one of my new favorite singers.

RB: Self Esteem or The Kids Aren't Alright by the Offspring

RB: Saturday nights watching like most Canadian kids.

RB: I am actually good at most sports with Hockey being my number one sport but I think I was better runner as this was simple down to determination more then anything. I liked to run cross-country more then track but I was good at both. I also did javelin, discus, long jump and hurdles. I placed in Provincial every year in anything that I actually put my mind too. Sadly I always had to choice which events to take part since they always over lapped. I also played baseball, basketball, soccer, and swimming 

RB: MVP all the way!! This means night in and night out I was able to do the best for my team even in a losing cause. As a Captain you are more controlled by the management, coaches and players so I find it restrictive and it usually means that you are not able to be the MVP as your more in a support role. Now you have some examples now a days where the Captain isn't a truly a captain but rather simply the MVP of the team example of this is Crosby and McDavid as two that come to mind but Horvat in Vancouver is more a true leader.

RB: Having fun. In a season or over your career you are going to play on teams that lose or bad teams from time to time but if you continue to enjoy heading to the rink with the boys on the team; then you will all improve and eventually that losing team or bad team will come good. No one likes losing and no one likes a job. If you make hockey a job or it feels like a job you need a change or to hang up the skates. At the end of the day it is a sport and you started playing the game for the fun and love of the game, remembering that can be hard at times but this will always push you further then winning only.

RB: Currently don't have one as sport is sport and is a great escape from the real world. It about working hard with a bunch of other guys to try to get a result. You can be a impact player in many different ways and if you have fun then it is easy to do the right things.

10/18-10/25

1. Unfortunately we have been eliminated from playoff contention. What are your thoughts?

2. We have six games left to play, with the final two coming against Miami and Houston. How do you think we wil do?

3. Who do you think will win the Founder’s Cup?

4. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup? (And why is it Moscow and not Davos with their stinky goaltender?)

5. What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

6. What is your least favorite part, and is there anything we can do to help?

7. How was your weekend?

3 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

10/18-10/25

1. Unfortunately we have been eliminated from playoff contention. What are your thoughts?

2. We have six games left to play, with the final two coming against Miami and Houston. How do you think we wil do?

3. Who do you think will win the Founder’s Cup?

4. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup? (And why is it Moscow and not Davos with their stinky goaltender?)

5. What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

6. What is your least favorite part, and is there anything we can do to help?

7. How was your weekend?

1. Tough season, no point to look at what's done , best focus on what's ahead and prepare best we can for next season

2. I am hoping for us to finish strong, few new pick ups , get ourselves Ina. Good mindset for the off season

3. I gotta say my hometown of Halifax .

4. That I'm not sure of , I haven't been looking to much into it . As I'm new in fairly unfamiliar with the cups haha

5. Favorite part is checking in , seeing the team grow and progress, talking within the community 

6. Least favorite is the big essays and stuff, although it's not a must , I think there should be an alternative route for that extra bit of TPE , would be cool maybe see a little NHL 21 tournament or something as it's still hockey related ,or something , I'd be interested in brainstorming some ideas if there's open minds who are open to such 

7. Weekend was great always nice to have a little downtime after 50+ hours a week of work 

3 hours ago, KINGSTEEZ said:

6. Least favorite is the big essays and stuff, although it's not a must , I think there should be an alternative route for that extra bit of TPE , would be cool maybe see a little NHL 21 tournament or something as it's still hockey related ,or something , I'd be interested in brainstorming some ideas if there's open minds who are open to such 

You can always bring up ideas to the league! Suggestions and Complaints section on the forum would be the place to go, or just chat about it in the discord. I know we as a league were trying to cut down on extra (uncapped) TPE being given out, but maybe we could do something like this as a form of capped TPE? Like I think maybe creating a custom NHL19/20/21 team based on a VHL/VHLM team would be a sick way to earn your point task for the week!

1.Unfortunately we have been eliminated from playoff contention. What are your thoughts? It definitely sucks not making it to the playoffs, but we have a team with alot of new guys put together late into the season. Hopefully Minnesota can rebound next season.

2.We have six games left to play, with the final two coming against Miami and Houston. How do you think we wil do?We were hoping to scoop up a few wins in the final six games but we were unable to. We did play some good teams after all.

3.Who do you think will win the Founder’s Cup? I’m going to say Yukon will win it all. Lots of skilled players on that team and it shouldn’t surprise anyone if they do win.

4.Who do you think will win the Continental Cup? (And why is it Moscow and not Davos with their stinky goaltender?) I think Seattle is the team to win the continental cup. They have great defence and high skill up front.

5.What is your favorite part of the VHL so far? My favorite part of the VHL so far has to be the community. Everyone kind of knows everyone and the community is very helpful towards newer players.

6.What is your least favorite part, and is there anything we can do to help? Everything in the VHL has been great but one this I wish could be better is the sim times. If it could be more consistent ex. 8pm everyday or something, but I’m not really too concerned about it, people have lives and it’s fine the way it is.

7.How was your weekend? My weekends are spent working so they could be better, but it wasn’t terrible.

Unfortunately we have been eliminated from playoff contention. What are your thoughts?

RB: When I signed with around half the season left and the team already in last place it was always going to be a case of not making the play-offs but it was more about trying to improve the team and growth of the young team. I think we finished the season okay but eight straight loses shows how young and inexperienced we were. It was still a good experience as I had no pressure jumping from Minor hockey into the VHLM and should have a strong season next year, as I hope the team does as well.

We have six games left to play, with the final two coming against Miami and Houston. How do you think we wil do?

RB: Sadly I am late to the press release like I have since I joined the team so I already know that we lost the remainder of the games but in the end we did keep most of the games close. We improved and would be better place if we kept the same line-up next season. The Draft will shake the teams up so I am not currently sure where I will be playing next season. But it was a well run team with all my question being answered quickly.

Who do you think will win the Founder’s Cup?

RB: Halifax 21; they seem to be the strongest team this season after a horrible season last year. 

Who do you think will win the Continental Cup? (And why is it Moscow and not Davos with their stinky goaltender?)

RB: I am actually going to say Vancouver; don't know why but I think they can push Moscow in the finals and Moscow still needs to get past Malmo. 

What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

RB: Graphics, as I used to love doing different graphics of fun and other games that I played so being able to come up with ideas and try to see if you can get them to work and look okay is always something I have enjoyed behind the graphic aspect. I am also limited with the tools that I have since I am using free editor in Pixelmator but you are always learning and adjusting to make the grapics better or passable. I am never satisfied with my end products but sometimes you are only going to make the worse if you keep fiddling with them. 

What is your least favorite part, and is there anything we can do to help?

RB: Trying to find the game scores now that they took them out of discord. I haven't looked at any of the scores since they took them away for the play-offs; also not helped with the fact that I don't have a player or team that is in the play-offs. This I think will lead to a lot of new players leaving the game as we need to wait a whole week with nothing to do other then collect TPE. Also ability to collect TPE in a single day means I don't have a huge need to be on the sight more then once or twice a week but if TPE was locked so that we could only earn X per day or login bonuses then we have a reason to actually login daily and join some of the conversations more.

How was your weekend?

RB: Long and busy as I work two jobs with one at night at 3am until 6am and then the other is 9am until 4:15pm two days a week. I actually don't get a day off but I can collect some extra sleep on the days I don't work at 9am to 4:15pm job after I work the morning job.

10/25-11/1

1. As your favorite AGM goalie was just eliminated in the VHL playoffs, tell me something to cheer me up. 

2. What is your favorite comfort food?

3. Who is your favorite actor?

4. What do you like to do during the offseason to keep active?

5. Who are you hoping to be drafted by in the upcoming draft?

6. What is your number one worry, right now?

7. What are you hopeful for in the future?

5 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

10/25-11/1

1. As your favorite AGM goalie was just eliminated in the VHL playoffs, tell me something to cheer me up. 

2. What is your favorite comfort food?

3. Who is your favorite actor?

4. What do you like to do during the offseason to keep active?

5. Who are you hoping to be drafted by in the upcoming draft?

6. What is your number one worry, right now?

7. What are you hopeful for in the future?

1. Your my favorite person in the vhl :)

2. Candy, chocolate mainly

3. Will Farrell 

4. Put in as much work as I can to up my draft place 

5. You of course 

6. If I don't get drafted back the storm

7. Get a cup in the vhlm before moving on in my career 

On 10/28/2020 at 2:45 AM, Mr_Hatter said:
  • As your favorite AGM goalie was just eliminated in the VHL playoffs, tell me something to cheer me up. 

• What is your favorite comfort food?

• Who is your favorite actor?

• What do you like to do during the offseason to keep active?

• Who are you hoping to be drafted by in the upcoming draft?

• What is your number one worry, right now?

• What are you hopeful for in the future?

• To cheer you up I have a joke: Hockey statistics are like a girl in a bikini—they show a lot, but not everything.
  • I would normally say pizza and beer but since I don't have great access to these foods where I currently live I am actually going to say McDonalds. It not the same but it does what I require; a good cleansing!!
  • Robin Williams
  • Hike, skate, rollerblade, run and swim at the beach.
  • Doesn't matter and only having a preference means you will be disappointed when they don't draft  you. To play the game in honer so anyone that allows me to continue to develop.
  • Not being drafted as I am not sure what that would mean.
  • A good team that allows me to develop and help a team win championships.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:26 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:
  • To cheer you up I have a joke: Hockey statistics are like a girl in a bikini—they show a lot, but not everything.
  • I would normally say pizza and beer but since I don't have great access to these foods where I currently live I am actually going to say McDonalds. It not the same but it does what I require; a good cleansing!!
  • Robin Williams
  • Hike, skate, rollerblade, run and swim at the beach.
  • Doesn't matter and only having a preference means you will be disappointed when they don't draft  you. To play the game in honer so anyone that allows me to continue to develop.
  • Not being drafted as I am not sure what that would mean.
  • A good team that allows me to develop and help a team win championships.

My last post as Minnesota storm member? Unless they draft me and I play again next season!!

On 11/3/2020 at 3:53 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

My last post as Minnesota storm member? Unless they draft me and I play again next season!!

I hope we can get you ? might be tough though. You'll do amazing wherever you end up, I'm sure 

season 4 you are the man GIF by Billions

11/1-11/8

1. What is your favorite part about your position? 

2. What is your least favorite?

3. If you had to, or even if you want to, what would you change to? 

4. What is your biggest VHL career goal right now?

5. Is there any way Rayz and I can help you achieve that?

6. Who are you voting for the Slobo (https://vhlforum.com/topic/94594-s74-brett-slobodzian-trophy-voting/) ? 

7. Who do you think will win? 

8. What is your favorite childhood TV show?

31 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

11/1-11/8

1. What is your favorite part about your position? 

2. What is your least favorite?

3. If you had to, or even if you want to, what would you change to? 

4. What is your biggest VHL career goal right now?

5. Is there any way Rayz and I can help you achieve that?

6. Who are you voting for the Slobo (https://vhlforum.com/topic/94594-s74-brett-slobodzian-trophy-voting/) ? 

7. Who do you think will win? 

8. What is your favorite childhood TV show?

1. I find it exciting and fun.

2. Losing close games.

3. Playing as a forward is fun and would be excited to play it.

4. Haven't scored one yet but I can't wait to score one.

6. Condor Adrienne 

7. Mikko Lahtinen

11/8-11/15

Answer 6 questions to claim 2TPE

1. Welcome to Minnesota! Is there anything you’d like to know about the team’s history? 

2. What is your biggest goal for this upcoming season?

3. What is your favorite hairstyle? 

4. Give me your top 3 ice cream flavors.

5. Offseason training: what is your favorite workout?

6. Tell me; what do you think of the new VHLM Juniors system announced recently? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/94944-s75-vhlm-rule-changes/)

7. What NHL team (if any) do you support?

23 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

11/8-11/15

1. Welcome to Minnesota! Is there anything you’d like to know about the team’s history? No not really

2. What is your biggest goal for this upcoming season? Scoring 30 to 50 goals

3. What is your favorite hairstyle? That longflow baby

4. Give me your top 3 ice cream flavors. cookies & cream, vanilla, cookie dough

5. Offseason training: what is your favorite workout? Shooting 

6. Tell me; what do you think of the new VHLM Juniors system announced recently? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/94944-s75-vhlm-rule-changes/) I think it's a good way to deal with the sudden influx of players

7. What NHL team (if any) do you support? LA all the way

On 11/10/2020 at 7:48 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

11/8-11/15

1. Welcome to Minnesota! Is there anything you’d like to know about the team’s history?  Has Minnesota been in the league for a while or is it a relatively new team?

2. What is your biggest goal for this upcoming season? Not sure as its my first time in the league, just to help the team howevcer possible

3. What is your favorite hairstyle? Short and neat

4. Give me your top 3 ice cream flavors. Vanilla, Cookie Dough, Panda Paws

5. Offseason training: what is your favorite workout? Passing

6. Tell me; what do you think of the new VHLM Juniors system announced recently? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/94944-s75-vhlm-rule-changes/) I actually like this a lot as it ensures playtime for everybody who signs up!

7. What NHL team (if any) do you support? Buffalo Sabres