Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

On 7/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, DMaximus said:

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1) We’re getting close to the halfway point of the season. Have your expectations changed from the beginning of the season?

2) Who is your half-season MVP on Minnesota?

3) Have you picked up any bumps and bruises or nagging injuries this year? If not, how come? If yes, what are they?

4) What is your favorite drill in practice?

5) If you could get away with it, would you modify your equipment? Some people bend their sticks too much, others may do something crazier like add bits of razor blades in their shoulder pads. What would you do?

6) Describe your perfect meal.

1) Not really, were still a top team and I expect a good result come playoffs.

2) Berocka @berocka great LR guy and great goal scorer.

3) No, we have a great medical team that keeps us all in check.

4) Breakout pass drills.

5) No I'm a pretty simple guy, Ive had the same equipment since juniors.

6) Nice Chicken Parm, can't beat it 

Advanced issues found

On 8/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, HughJas_ said:

1) We’re getting close to the halfway point of the season. Have your expectations changed from the beginning of the season?

2) Who is your half-season MVP on Minnesota?

3) Have you picked up any bumps and bruises or nagging injuries this year? If not, how come? If yes, what are they?

4) What is your favorite drill in practice?

5) If you could get away with it, would you modify your equipment? Some people bend their sticks too much, others may do something crazier like add bits of razor blades in their shoulder pads. What would you do?

6) Describe your perfect meal.

1. Nope. My goal is still the same as it was before. Get lots of goals, climb my way up the ranks, and mold myself into a viable VHL player.

2. Palazzo definitely. The guy scores a lot of goals, blocks a lot of shots, and passes the puck around. Seems like an under the radar pick.

3. Nope. It's probably because of the time I spend stretching, warming up, and doing yoga. I practice on my flexibility alongside the essentials of the game. With this, I can push my limits without the fear of breaking down.

4. The Handling Drills. There's nothing I like more than deking the puck between the cones and seeing how fast and how tricky can I get with the dekes. Pretty nice drill.

5. Two things. Sticky Stick and Metal Padding.   The Sticky Stick would make it to where the puck stays on my stick and can't leave unless I fling it very hard, and the Metal Padding would make it where the idiot dumb enough to try hit me ends up hurting themselves by ramming into enforced metal that's on my body.   

6. A nice homemade Yoshinoya Beef Bowl with Shirataki Noodles and Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese seven spice) for a spicy touch.

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1) Rayzor made a big move by trading G Justin Cole for G Virgil Ligriv? How do you think the move will work out?

2) Jaxon Walker was the other trade deadline add to the Storm. Any advice for Jaxon?

3) With the trade deadline passing, Minnesota’s roster is set for the rest of the season.  Any changes to the lines that you’d like to see?

4) Ryo Yamazuki II currently leads the team with an amazing +32. Why do you think Ryo has done so well?

5) Some players lose focus in the middle of the season, maybe due to the routine of regular season games or maybe they’re thinking about the playoffs or maybe the summer season. What do you do to maintain your focus during the regular season?

6) Has being a hockey player made you more recognized by other people when you’re walking around in public? Do you like attention or wish you had more?

1 hour ago, DMaximus said:

1) Rayzor made a big move by trading G Justin Cole for G Virgil Ligriv? How do you think the move will work out?

Ligriv is the best goaler in the minors. Good move for trying to win this season.

2) Jaxon Walker was the other trade deadline add to the Storm. Any advice for Jaxon?

You came in because Rayzor thinks you will make a championship impact. Have that championship mindset and you'll do wonders.

3) With the trade deadline passing, Minnesota’s roster is set for the rest of the season.  Any changes to the lines that you’d like to see?

I trust the coaching staff will find the most efficient lines with the roster changing a tad.

4) Ryo Yamazuki II currently leads the team with an amazing +32. Why do you think Ryo has done so well?

It's a mix of us having a top defense and him making the most of his opportunities with the puck.

5) Some players lose focus in the middle of the season, maybe due to the routine of regular season games or maybe they’re thinking about the playoffs or maybe the summer season. What do you do to maintain your focus during the regular season?

Getting traded midseason. 

6) Has being a hockey player made you more recognized by other people when you’re walking around in public? Do you like attention or wish you had more?

I'm not the big name hockey player so I don't get bombarded by people, but I still make a point to try and go unnoticed.

Any move made where we add good talent to the team is a good one for me. Love to have new faces and hopefully we build chemistry together.

Kiss ass to management if you want ice-time.

3) With the trade deadline passing, Minnesota’s roster is set for the rest of the season.  Any changes to the lines that you’d like to see?

It has been working so far so I do not think we need to change too much. Just gotta find the right lines for the new players on the squad.

His build and his teammates. Plus Minus is a team stat in my opinion, we all contribute to both ends of the ice.

I just keep on improving really. Get my butt ot the gym and make sure that I am upping the reps and the TPE.

No one recognizes me really. And if they do, they tell me I suck and I have to get better so whatever. Its not a good thing

9 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. It was very sad to see Cole leave. He was a good teammate and a valued friend. I wish him all the best as he continues forward. That being said, excited to work with another goalie and continue to win some games. 
  2. Try fiber one for breakfast in the morning, not only will it keep you regular, but it also tastes real good. 
  3. The lines seem to be rolling well. As we get back into a groove, I don't think many teams will be able to touch us. 
  4. Look good, feel good, play good. Ryo always has the slickest lettuce on his head, and shows up in some very fashionable suits. The numbers have to agree with him out of honor. 
  5. First, everyday I wake up and convince myself that if I don't play well today, I am off the team. Then, I sit in the upper bowl before games to visualize the games. Next, I have a room with thousands of hockey cards taped to the walls and I sit in there and meditate for at least 3 hours a day. If I still feel unfocused, I will sleep in full gear. That normally works, but if all else fails, I drink 5 5-hour energies for 25 continuous hours of energy and use the extra hour in the day to review game film. 
  6. I always stuck out a bit because of my height. It has been crazy living in Minnesota where professional hockey players are practically worshiped. I go out of my way to interact with fans, they make the game worth playing. It's sometimes difficult to go out to clubs with friends, because I get recognized. It's not as bad as the star players get it, but I am super approachable and some people overstay their welcome and test my squad's patience. I wouldn't trade it for the world though, because for every one of those minor inconveniences, there are 3-4 situations where you make a young fan's day and that smile makes it all worth while. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how Virgil gels with the team and playing alongside him.

Just focus and play the game, enjoy every minute of it.

3) With the trade deadline passing, Minnesota’s roster is set for the rest of the season.  Any changes to the lines that you’d like to see?

I'd like to earn myself a spot on one of the top lines otherwise I think they are pretty solid.

Consistency, he is a solid player and makes sure to take every opportunity to increase his points.

Making sure to meditate and enjoy time off the ice/training in order to keep my days interesting and fresh.

I get a decent amount more attention, which isn't a problem at all.

23 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. ligriv seems to be solid so far, a little more consistency from everyone and things should be stellar.

2. uhhh. listen to peoples advice.

3. i was fine with having less ice time if it was for the good of the team... but being bumped up was nice. change things if they  arent working out as planned.

4. ryo’s skating and positioning makes him reliable in all zones, couple that with a wicked shot and its easy to see why hes had success.

5. every single day is a grind no matter what you do... accepting that from the start makes it all that much easier to focus on what you need to do to make it through.

6. not quite yet. minnesota is obviously pretty new to me and coming from a team that hasnt quite found their way... i didnt expect much recognition. 

I think it will tremendously help us evolve as a group and increase our chances to win the championship.

Yes, just keep working hard and you will get wherever you want to.

Nah I think Minny has proven just how great they are.

He is a great locker room guy and works his ass off.

I double down in the gym and try and just enjoy everything.

I think it has. I like the attention I have currently.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, DMaximus said:

I think having an active over an inactive is always an improvement and the fact I scored my first hattrick on Cole I think it is an improvement.

Jaxon is a great locker room presence as we spent some time together in Mississauga LR. He will perform well here if he keeps up his numbers.

I think we are performing quite well, we just need to keep getting the shots on. I don't know how Ottawa are putting up so many points but our strong defence should help us win games.

He plays a great game can shoot can pass and also is great on the D as well. He deserves the points he playes so well.

My constant strive to be the best, I know if I slack off someone could come and take my spot.

I don't get recognised much until I speak my accent sort of sticks out in Minnesota here, I love all the fans and try my best to make each interaction fun. But I don't wish for more attention, I want the fans to like me by my on ice interactions.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:55 AM, DMaximus said:

1) I think it was a good trade for both parties, we had a good run with Cole both sides just needed a change of scenery.

2) Not much I can say, he's a solid player that knows what he needs to do in order to be successful

3) Not anything specific, changing as we go to adapt to different scenarios each game.

4) Good effort on both ends of the ice, always has high end compete level.

5) I continue to work hard in all aspects of my game, never losing sight of my goal of winning the cup.

6) The attention is definitely nice, but I don't let it affect my game.

1. Who do you think is going to win the VHLM playoffs this year?

2. What is your favourite type of wings?

3. We clinched 3rd, where do you expect us to go in the playoffs?

4. Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

5. Do you think Minnesota needs a new logo or name, and what kind of logo and name would you like over our current one?

6. If you had to compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be?

Edited by Rayzor_7

1. Who do you think is going to win the VHLM playoffs this year?

i think we actually have a pretty decent shot at it this season. obviously the concern is ottawa and philly but i think towards the end of the regular season we really showed we could contend with them and keep games close. 

i mean honestly how do you choose? buffalo are an absolute classic so id say i eat them most but its always nice to mix it up and pretty much all the sauces rule. wings are just that good.

all the way baby. i have confidence we could at least reach the finals.

4. Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

this is my first season in the league so i dont have too much to go off of. id say i liked the length of the season and think we had a decent amount of sims each day.

5. Do you think Minnesota needs a new logo or name, and what kind of logo and name would you like over our current one?

i like our branding actually. the one thing im not crazy on is the colors since i dont think it screams “Storm” but thats okay. not even sure what id change it to.

probably someone whos not that good. id like to say im going for a sort of bergeron type... definitely need some better passing in that case though.

Minnesota Storm

Spicy Wings

All the way to the finals

No, I think we should have longer seasons in fact to fully develop younger players.

Naw, we are iconic, nothing needs to be change.

I'm my own player

12 hours ago, Rayzor_7 said:

1) Of course I believe us, the Minnesota Wild

2) Nice simple Lemon Pepper.

3) Atleast a semifinal finish.

4) Only my second VHL season, it's been fine so far.

5) I like the current one, no changes in my opinion

6) Quinn Hughes

I'm going to be rooting for us! 

I don't eat meat.

It's a good finish, sets us up fairly nicely for the playoffs

Could be interesting, I kind of like the long seasons though

I think a redesign could be interesting, not needed though.

Jakob Silfverberg with better teeth.

New questions for this week. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE

1) The playoffs are about to begin! Our first round opponent is the Houston Bulls. Our regular season series against them was 4-3 with 3 games going to OT/SO. What do you expect from this series?

2) Houston is a talented team led by its star Dalton Wilcox. They also feature leading D man Khalabib Stiopic and top tough guy Banko Mulleto. How do you plan on limiting their effectiveness?

3) Is there a specific player on Houston that you can’t stand? Want to say anything to them now?

4) Playoff games are at a higher level  than the regular season. The games are more intense, the pressure higher, the fans louder. What is your favorite thing about playoff hockey?

5) In intense situations like this, how do you maintain your focus on playing your best hockey?

6) How much money is in your wallet/pocket right now? Is that normal for you?

6 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) The playoffs are about to begin! Our first round opponent is the Houston Bulls. Our regular season series against them was 4-3 with 3 games going to OT/SO. What do you expect from this series?

2) Houston is a talented team led by its star Dalton Wilcox. They also feature leading D man Khalabib Stiopic and top tough guy Banko Mulleto. How do you plan on limiting their effectiveness?

3) Is there a specific player on Houston that you can’t stand? Want to say anything to them now?

4) Playoff games are at a higher level  than the regular season. The games are more intense, the pressure higher, the fans louder. What is your favorite thing about playoff hockey?

5) In intense situations like this, how do you maintain your focus on playing your best hockey?

1) I expect 5 to 6 extremely close games where both teams have strong showings at home. But we will eventually take the series.

2) I spent a bit of time with Khalabib Stoipic in Mississauga so I learnt some of his strengths and weaknesses. That being said he has definitely improved significantly in Houston.

3) Jeff Downey @JeffD he annoys me always talks a big game but sometimes struggles on the ice. We will see who is still standing after this round.

4) The energy that is in the stadium when everything is on the line it is electric and I feel I play better under those conditions.

5) Just imagine my family watching and how I wouldn't want to let them down. All the effort they gave me I want to give them a cup.

6) $0 I use card for everything never really have cash on me.

13 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) I expect a competitive series splitting games and ultimately us taking the win.

2) Our D core is just as good if not better than theirs. Our forwards which was a weak point for our team in the beginning have improved drastically. Regarding their effectiveness, they can do all they want, I believe we're the better team.

3) @Dalton Wilcox, we both belong to the Malmo Nighthawks organization and have always been competitive towards one another. There are reports that I will be chosen to be protected over him in the upcoming expansion draft. I will prove why I was chosen as the better player, while also eliminating him and the Houston Bulls from cup contention.

4) Compete level is at an all time high, players chirp and get scrappy. Playoff hockey is like no other, just an accumulation of all the hard work put into the regular season in preparation for this moment.

5 I put faith in my teammates, it's been a long season but having them to rely on really helps.

6) More cash then when I'm back home in Vancouver, America seems to have more cash transactions than back home.

1) The playoffs are about to begin! Our first round opponent is the Houston Bulls. Our regular season series against them was 4-3 with 3 games going to OT/SO. What do you expect from this series?

welp. we know how that went already. i cant say i expected us to sweep but i was confident wed come out on top with a bit of ease.

we effectively did that for sure obviously. a couple of shut outs and blowouts, a sweep, you name it. they are strong defensively but i think we just THAT much stronger.

oh boy. uhh. houston was one of those teams that i didnt pay too much attention to during the season. i know our record was tight with them but still i just wasnt worried about them in general.

4) Playoff games are at a higher level  than the regular season. The games are more intense, the pressure higher, the fans louder. What is your favorite thing about playoff hockey?

the atmosphere and pacing is just completely incomparable. 

i dont expect anything but also go in with the mindset that it could take some adjustment. but thats okay, you have to be able to deal with things as they come.

like $80 and thats not normal. plastic unfortunately rules my wallet.

1) The playoffs are about to begin! Our first round opponent is the Houston Bulls. Our regular season series against them was 4-3 with 3 games going to OT/SO. What do you expect from this series? To be honest I think with our experience and aggressiveness, we win this one in 5 or 6 games. 

2) Houston is a talented team led by its star Dalton Wilcox. They also feature leading D man Khalabib Stiopic and top tough guy Banko Mulleto. How do you plan on limiting their effectiveness? Bodying them whenever they get a chance to score. 

3) Is there a specific player on Houston that you can’t stand? Want to say anything to them now? Not really.

4) Playoff games are at a higher level  than the regular season. The games are more intense, the pressure higher, the fans louder. What is your favorite thing about playoff hockey? The environment and your mentality to play the game. All the hype surrounding you. 

5) In intense situations like this, how do you maintain your focus on playing your best hockey? Going to ice and practicing non stop. 

6) How much money is in your wallet/pocket right now? Is that normal for you? Couple hundred dollars, yes.

New questions for this week. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1. Minnesota beat Philadelphia in the semi-finals in 5 games and is now on to the VHLM Finals! What are your thoughts on the series against Philly?

2. Ottawa is winning the series against Halifax 3-2 and is expected to win. What do you think about facing Ottawa in the finals?

3. Ottawa’s top scorers in the playoffs are on their 2nd line (D - Anthony Amberback, C - Thorny Underyew, and LW - Micheal Rasmussen). How do you think Minnesota’s 2nd line matches up with Ottawa?

4. Does Ottawa’s lack of production with their 1st line give Minnesota an advantage in this series?

5. Is there anything you’d like to say to a player on Ottawa?

6. Have you played for a championship in your career before, maybe in minors or high school? How did it go?

5 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. Minnesota beat Philadelphia in the semi-finals in 5 games and is now on to the VHLM Finals! What are your thoughts on the series against Philly?

2. Ottawa is winning the series against Halifax 3-2 and is expected to win. What do you think about facing Ottawa in the finals?

3. Ottawa’s top scorers in the playoffs are on their 2nd line (D - Anthony Amberback, C - Thorny Underyew, and LW - Micheal Rasmussen). How do you think Minnesota’s 2nd line matches up with Ottawa?

4. Does Ottawa’s lack of production with their 1st line give Minnesota an advantage in this series?

6. Have you played for a championship in your career before, maybe in minors or high school? How did it go?

1. It was a tough series and the loss helped us mentally as it showed we could be beaten. It made us train harder to win the cup.

2. I think it will be an interesting series, I have some ties with management there so it will be a fun series.

3. I think our 2nd line is stronger, they are more of an attacking team as we are more defensive so the comparison isn't exactly easy to make.

4. I want to out score Zeno Miniti, he was the leader of points in the regular season, so I want to prove that I am the better player.

5. I think they all need to focus on Halifax first before they worry about us. Anything can happen in this strange sport we play.

6. Only once when I was 13 it was pretty incredible, but I am eager to perform on the big stage.

11 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) Honestly I thought that it would be a very difficult series for us with the possibility of it going to 7 games. We took the series in 5 which was a great result, the series overall was relatively low scoring which was a surprise.

2) It will be our toughest challenge yet, Ottawa has been dominant all season.

3) To be honest it's better than ours, although our depth has gotten better since the regular season so I hope that it wont be too big of an issue.

4) Not exactly, their other players are still dominating in the scoring category. We definitely need to still rely on our strong point, which is still our defensive core.

5) Not to a player but their GM @Acydburn , it's been a great season and I hope that if we do indeed meet in the finals that it will be a fun and competitive series.

6) I've played in the finals during my time in major junior, so this isn't a new experience for me playing in high pressure situations. I've won at that level and hope to repeat again in the VHLM.

Edited by HughJas_

1. I was honestly surprised. Philly gave us a tough time throughout the season, so I didnt think we would end it that quickly

2. Nothing changes whether we face them or Halifax. They are both great opponents. We need to be on our game if we want to win.

3. We got depth the same way they have depth. We need all of our players to step up, either to put the puck into the net or to stop the other team from scoring.

4. I think our 1st line will take advantage of that. Especially with the help from our blue line, I am confident we can out-produce the first line which gives us a nice edge,

5. Goodluck and let us have fun. Respect goes a long way forsure. I have nothing against anyone on that team, it will be a fun series for both teams and the fans forsure,

6. If I remember correctly, I had played a finals in the minors with my past player here. Kaspars Claude won a minors cup in the SHL already and Claudio Martucci won a VHL cup already. So I have popped my cherry when it comes to winning championships