Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

1. Minnesota beat Philadelphia in the semi-finals in 5 games and is now on to the VHLM Finals! What are your thoughts on the series against Philly? I pretty much expected us to win, this will be a tough matchup and  I hope to see us get it done. 

2. Ottawa is winning the series against Halifax 3-2 and is expected to win. What do you think about facing Ottawa in the finals? If we were to, I think we'd have ourselves in for a big battle. I don't even know what would happen. 

3. Ottawa’s top scorers in the playoffs are on their 2nd line (D - Anthony Amberback, C - Thorny Underyew, and LW - Micheal Rasmussen). How do you think Minnesota’s 2nd line matches up with Ottawa? I think we are pretty undervalued, we can put up our own and there is no reason to doubt us. 

4. Does Ottawa’s lack of production with their 1st line give Minnesota an advantage in this series? Yes of course it does, our first line is up to the task and is ready to dominate. 

5. Is there anything you’d like to say to a player on Ottawa? No

6. Have you played for a championship in your career before, maybe in minors or high school? How did it go? Nah I didn't, I always fell short and am glad to get this oppurtunity

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1) Minnesota lost the finals to Ottawa in 4 straight games. What are you thoughts on the series?

2) What are your thoughts on the team's performance throughout the season?

3) How do you think your personal performance was throughout the season?

4) The draft is coming up soon. Are you excited? When do you think you'll be picked?

5) Any parting words for the Storm's management and/or fans?

6) Are you taking any souvenirs from Minnesota with you? What? 

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1) Minnesota lost the finals to Ottawa in 4 straight games. What are you thoughts on the series? It was a tough one, I wish it would have gone better.

2) What are your thoughts on the team's performance throughout the season? I believe we were up to expectations, we made the finals again, and tried our hardest, that's all you can ask for. 

3) How do you think your personal performance was throughout the season? It was decent, I worked hard this season and got a lot of playing time. 

4) The draft is coming up soon. Are you excited? When do you think you'll be picked? I'm quite excited, it's expected I go in the third round.

5) Any parting words for the Storm's management and/or fans? It's been amazing yall, and now I'm out.

6) Are you taking any souvenirs from Minnesota with you? What?  My GM

• 2 weeks later...

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1) How do you feel the draft went? Anything you would have done differently?
2) The season has just started, how do you think we have done so far?
3) What are your predictions for the team this season?
4) What are your expectations for yourself this season?
5) Is there anything you would want to say to any VHL scouts that might be reading this? 
6) As a player, do you have any VHL role-models? Guys you grew up watching, or try to emulate? 
7) Would you change anything about what you have done so far in your career? 
8) Are there any teams in the VHLM that you can’t wait to play? Any points to prove?
9) Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to this year? 
10) So, Minnesota. How you liking it so far?

On 9/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

3) What are your predictions for the team this season?
4) What are your expectations for yourself this season?
5) Is there anything you would want to say to any VHL scouts that might be reading this? 
6) As a player, do you have any VHL role-models? Guys you grew up watching, or try to emulate? 
8) Are there any teams in the VHLM that you can’t wait to play? Any points to prove?
10) So, Minnesota. How you liking it so far?

1) I currently have no opinion

2) I think the team is in good standing, lots of time to panic xD

3) Id like to see us pursue playoffs as top 8 and possibly push deep.

4) I dont currently have any expectations for myself except GET BETTER.

5) Snipe, Score, Celly

6) I think growing up we all had some players we favored watching but i tried to form my own game

7) Not at all, Im here aren't I ?

8 )Not Currently, Febreeze Fresh Start

9) Seeing how i can mold my game and seeing  how the team progresses over the season

10) Seems like a great place to be.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

3) What are your predictions for the team this season

I do wish we had draft picks, but no one was interested in giving up this draft.

19 games in and we're doing better than we probably have right to be. Our top players are holding up very well.

Top 6 finish, I guess that means top half. What's the goalie drought we should be able to grab enough games easily.

I'm pretty satisfied, we made the finals in my first full season and we're looking to go back this season. 

Can't say there really is, we're the only top three team that's still standing the rest have fallen

Trade deadline, this season more than ever there will likely be chaos and a lot of movement compared to previous seasons

9/22-9/29

1) 18 games in and we are top of the league! Anything you’d like to say to that?
2) Do you think we will maintain first position, or will it slip?
3) Who do you think our biggest challengers are? Vegas, in second place, or someone else?
4) What kind of pasta is your favorite kind? 
5) We are currently leading the league in goal differential. Is that thanks to our defense, or offense?
6) We’ve lost 3 games in OT so far. What can we do to close those tight games out? 
7) Both the Reapers and the Lynx, the other two of the top three from last season, are in the bottom four. What do you think we’ve done differently to be able to stay at the top of the league?
8) Right now we have no players in the top 7 for points, but 6 out of the next 7. What do you think that says about our team?
9) Right now we have arguably the best goalie in the league in Ligriv, leading in save percentage, although trailing Sean McGee in GAA. How does having such a strong presence back in the net make you feel?
10) Halifax has scored 69 goals and let in 69 goals. Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

9/22-9/29

1) 18 games in and we are top of the league! Anything you’d like to say to that?
3) Who do you think our biggest challengers are? Vegas, in second place, or someone else?
5) We are currently leading the league in goal differential. Is that thanks to our defense, or offense?
6) We’ve lost 3 games in OT so far. What can we do to close those tight games out? 
7) Both the Reapers and the Lynx, the other two of the top three from last season, are in the bottom four. What do you think we’ve done differently to be able to stay at the top of the league?
8) Right now we have no players in the top 7 for points, but 6 out of the next 7. What do you think that says about our team?
9) Right now we have arguably the best goalie in the league in Ligriv, leading in save percentage, although trailing Sean McGee in GAA. How does having such a strong presence back in the net make you feel?

1) Feels good, think the team looks great.

2) I believe we can maintain first place if the team continues to produce the way it has.

3) No one team currently stands out to me.

4) Fettuccine Alfredo

5) Probably thanks to the man in the pipes ;)

6) We have to push a little more offence out, i know myself personally could use more production.

7) I don't have an answer for that one it's above my pay grade.

8] That obviously speaks for itself about our team production, great depth.

9) Having a tendy like Ligriv gives the team more confidence in our own zone, i think it allows you to be more free with play making because if something goes wrong you have faith that he can stop it.

10) What a coincidence.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:11 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

9/22-9/29

(1)  I am definitely happy with the way we are performing and clicking as a team, practices have really good pace to them and that helps when it comes to games as we are already making decisions at game speed.

(3)  I don't honestly think Vegas is much of a challenge for us seeing as though the don't even have a goalie on their roster. If I had to say anyone I'd say Houston as of right now being only three points behind us and winning six in a row. They are on fire lately.

(4)  You can never go wrong with a nice cheesy meaty lasagna in my opinion.

(5)  I think it is for sure thanks to our defense and goaltending. Our defense has been on shut down mode since week three and when chance do get through, Ligriv is there to shut the door.

(8) I think it says wonders about our team, how we don't rely on one player or line to produce for us. We have players across all four lines that can step up and produce whenever needed and I believe that's what it takes to succeed in this league.

(9)  I absolutely love having him back there, everyone is confident in him so it lets us take a bit more chances which result in better scoring opportunities and chances for us.

(10)  I think they should stop messing around and start playing some hockey. They have a lot of ground to make up for such silly theatrics.

9/29-10/6

1) Rough game against Vegas. Was it their goalie standing on his head, or our fault for not putting quality shots on goal?
2) Brendan James Lawn got a Major/Game Misconduct early in the first period. Do you think it was deserved? 
3) Houston has jumped up on us in the standings, is that cause for alarm? 
4) Perhaps more interesting is the run Mississauga is on, having won all ten of their last games. What do you think they changed to go on such a run?
5) Speaking of Mississauga, we face them next. Who is going to take the game?
6) The difference between first and sixth this year is only 7 points currently. Will this continue to the end of the season? 
7) As mentioned in an earlier conference, our scoring is pretty spread out. Who do you think will lead our team by the end of the season? 
8) Looking back to our blue line, on the defensive end our boys are pretty consistent for Shots Blocked, but DeYeeto and Amberback are leading on Hits. Makes sense as they are our top two pairing. Who do you think has been our most valuable defensive contributor so far this season? 
9) We’ve played Mexico 7 times so far this season, and have won all but one. Why do you think we match up so well against them?
10) Conversely, we’ve played Mississauga twice and lost both, once in regulation and the other in OT. Small sample size, or an unfortunate trend? 

3) Perhaps not alarm but definitely a something we need to turn around and reclaim our top spot.

10) Hopefully a small sample size, only time will tell. The fact we stretched one to OT shows it's a close matchup.

1) If you're talking about the 3-2 loss to Vegas, the goalie saved 18 out of 20 shots he had a solid game.

7) Currently I'm at the top of that list, hoping to keep the puck finding the back of the net and stay just ahead Ryo and Tormund.

? This 8 becoming a smiley is driving me insane... Otherwise I'd say Lawn and Parkey are a solid pair of defenseman.

5) Always have to support my own team, plus our season has been pretty solid.

9) They seem to be getting goals on us, they just can't keep the puck out of their own net. Both teams need to work on stopping goals against.

19 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

9/29-10/6

1) Rough game against Vegas. Was it their goalie standing on his head, or our fault for not putting quality shots on goal?
2) Brendan James Lawn got a Major/Game Misconduct early in the first period. Do you think it was deserved? 
4) Perhaps more interesting is the run Mississauga is on, having won all ten of their last games. What do you think they changed to go on such a run?
6) The difference between first and sixth this year is only 7 points currently. Will this continue to the end of the season? 
7) As mentioned in an earlier conference, our scoring is pretty spread out. Who do you think will lead our team by the end of the season? 
? Looking back to our blue line, on the defensive end our boys are pretty consistent for Shots Blocked, but DeYeeto and Amberback are leading on Hits. Makes sense as they are our top two pairing. Who do you think has been our most valuable defensive contributor so far this season? 
9) We’ve played Mexico 7 times so far this season, and have won all but one. Why do you think we match up so well against them?
10) Conversely, we’ve played Mississauga twice and lost both, once in regulation and the other in OT. Small sample size, or an unfortunate trend? 

1) We beat them 5-1 they beat us 6-0, id say its hard to tell.

2) No Comment

3) i hope not, teams slide up and down throughout the year, hopefully we can slide back up

4) im not sure thats a good question for their coaching staff

5) id like to think that we will

6) only time will tell

7) Mac Hooper

8 ) DeYeeto

9) i cant say for sure, but im glad somethungs working

10) Small sample size paired with facing a good time

On 9/30/2019 at 10:08 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

9/29-10/6

? Looking back to our blue line, on the defensive end our boys are pretty consistent for Shots Blocked, but DeYeeto and Amberback are leading on Hits. Makes sense as they are our top two pairing. Who do you think has been our most valuable defensive contributor so far this season? 

1) We clearly had a bad game, we beat them 5-1 right before that so we got a bit full of ourselves and let that game slip away.

3) Not at all we're on a bit of a roll lately so as long as we keep playing our game we'll be fine

4) I feel like I'm cheating a bit here being late to the question but they must have done a few line up juggles but it doesn't matter, we put a stop to their little streak

5) Again feel a bit cheaty but I have a feeling we will win both of the next two games against them, one 4-3 and the other a 6-1 smacking

6) I think as we approach the midpoint of the season we will start to see separation between the top teams and the middle teams, as there is a bit of skill difference between them

9) It's just a matter of having a superior strategy and structure to your game and ours works really well against them, we almost always seem to have a handicap against them right off the bat.

10/6-10/13

1) We are coming off the back of playing Houston in four of the last five games. We split the series 2-2; are you satisfied with that, considering their current form? 
2) In those four back to back games, three of them went to a shootout, with the fourth being decided by a single goal. It seems we are very evenly matched. What do you think we can do to gain the edge in such a close match-up? 
3) Speaking of close matches, we lead the league in overtime losses, tied with Philly with 6. What can we do to turn that around and take those points in the future?
4) Do you think that we will meet Houston in the playoffs? If so, in what round will it be that we knock them out? 
5) Ottawa surprised us in our last game, at home no less. It’s dropping those points that can haunt a team come playoff matchups. Will it come back to bite us? 
6) Out of the final 22 games, we play Houston, Las Vegas, and Yukon a total of only 6 times, relatively few. How important will those games be going into playoffs? 
7) Would you prefer to end the season by playing easy teams, building up a win streak and confidence, or by being challenged by the top teams in the league, and perhaps dropping a few? 
8) Do you have any favorite teams in the VHL to watch? 
9) Speaking of the VHL, Matt Thompson appears to be running away in the Points race. Do you think he will take it in his final season?
10) In the VHLM, it looks like one of the two big scorers from Las Vegas will take it. Graves or Tates, who is your pick? Or will there be a surprise coming to shock the league?

1) We are coming off the back of playing Houston in four of the last five games. We split the series 2-2; are you satisfied with that, considering their current form? They are currently on top of the league, and are playing well I feel we might have been able to take an extra win as opposed to one of the losses if we played a little stronger.
3) Speaking of close matches, we lead the league in overtime losses, tied with Philly with 6. What can we do to turn that around and take those points in the future? Work on our endurance mostly, we don't seem to be able to close out the games when they go those extra few minutes.
4) Do you think that we will meet Houston in the playoffs? If so, in what round will it be that we knock them out?  More than likely, I'm guessing we will meet them early in the playoffs and we will knock them out.
7) Would you prefer to end the season by playing easy teams, building up a win streak and confidence, or by being challenged by the top teams in the league, and perhaps dropping a few? A mixture of the two would be excellent, don't want have too easy of a time but getting those few extra wins for confidence could prove vital.
? Do you have any favorite teams in the VHL to watch? I've been following the Dragons mostly because I will be playing for them in the future so it's nice to see how they are doing.
10) In the VHLM, it looks like one of the two big scorers from Las Vegas will take it. Graves or Tates, who is your pick? Or will there be a surprise coming to shock the league? I'm guessing Graves.

Edited by MacH

On 10/6/2019 at 6:59 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

10/6-10/13

1) We are coming off the back of playing Houston in four of the last five games. We split the series 2-2; are you satisfied with that, considering their current form? 
2) In those four back to back games, three of them went to a shootout, with the fourth being decided by a single goal. It seems we are very evenly matched. What do you think we can do to gain the edge in such a close match-up? 
3) Speaking of close matches, we lead the league in overtime losses, tied with Philly with 6. What can we do to turn that around and take those points in the future?
4) Do you think that we will meet Houston in the playoffs? If so, in what round will it be that we knock them out? 
5) Ottawa surprised us in our last game, at home no less. It’s dropping those points that can haunt a team come playoff matchups. Will it come back to bite us? 
6) Out of the final 22 games, we play Houston, Las Vegas, and Yukon a total of only 6 times, relatively few. How important will those games be going into playoffs? 
7) Would you prefer to end the season by playing easy teams, building up a win streak and confidence, or by being challenged by the top teams in the league, and perhaps dropping a few? 
? Do you have any favorite teams in the VHL to watch? 
9) Speaking of the VHL, Matt Thompson appears to be running away in the Points race. Do you think he will take it in his final season?
10) In the VHLM, it looks like one of the two big scorers from Las Vegas will take it. Graves or Tates, who is your pick? Or will there be a surprise coming to shock the league?

1-I'm not sure you're ever satisfied with a loss, but you have to give teams credit there is a few good teams we have to compete with.

2-I think we just have to work a bit harder as a team to get better.

3-More offensive talent needs to be asserted.

4-you never know

5-you never know

6-every game matters if you want to make playoffs.

7-a bye week would be nice xD

8-not really.

9- I'm not sure.

10-Graves

10/13-10/20

1) The first team has clinched a playoff position, Houston. Do you think they deserve to claim that first spot? 
2) At the other end of the spectrum, Ottawa has been eliminated from playoff contention. Any thoughts on the frail mortality of a VHLM team, even one who just won a cup?
3) Speaking of playoff contention, there is currently a neck-and-neck race for the final playoff slot, between Philadelphia and Mexico City. Who do you think will take it? 
4) If you could give yourself at the beginning of the season any advice, what would it be?
5) When you aren’t playing hockey, what do you like to do? 
6) Do you have a favorite cheese?
7) We are situated in third right now, only a point behind Las Vegas. We play them three more times. How important is it to take those games?
8) Would you rather win a cup one season and finish last place the next, or would you prefer to be in the playoff semifinals and lose two years in a row? 
9) With 15 games left, we stand at 36 wins. What do you think our final total wins will be?
10) In a shootout, do you prefer to shoot first or second?

3) Speaking of playoff contention, there is currently a neck-and-neck race for the final playoff slot, between Philadelphia and Mexico City. Who do you think will take it?

I'm going to guess Philadelphia might take it. 
5) When you aren’t playing hockey, what do you like to do?

Skateboard, Video Games, Web Development 
6) Do you have a favorite cheese?

I'm vegan, soooo vegan cheese I guess
7) We are situated in third right now, only a point behind Las Vegas. We play them three more times. How important is it to take those games?
Crucial, those wins should secure our second place spot
9) With 15 games left, we stand at 36 wins. What do you think our final total wins will be?

Hopefully 51, but I reckon at least 45
10) In a shootout, do you prefer to shoot first or second?

2nd, gives me a chance to scout out the keeper and see what kind of style he's going for.

10/20-10/27

1) The season has come and gone, and we finished in 3rd place in the standings. Are you pleased with that? 
2) How does our team’s finish compare to your predictions/expectations at the beginning of the season?
3) How does your personal performance compare to how you thought you would do at the beginning of the season?
4) Our team’s top performer from a point’s perspective is Ryo Yamazuki II. How much of an impact does he have for this team? 
5) On the other end, our goaltender Virgil Ligriv has, with this season, achieved the franchise record in career wins (according to the records on the portal). Anything you’d like to say to our man in the back?
6) Speaking of franchise records, Ryo Yamazuki II has also picked up the franchise record for career points! Congrats to him; the question is, will that be broken any time soon?
7) Our first matchup is against Halifax. In our seven games, we beat them 4 to 3. Do you think that will be the outcome of the playoff series?
8) In fact, over all seven games, the visiting team won every time. Does home ice matter to you, or is it not important?
9) If we make it to the next round, which team between Las Vegas and San Diego would you prefer to face? They are the top two leaders in goals scored during the regular season. 
10) Regardless of our playoff performance, thank you all for a great season! Do you have any favorite memories of the regular season? 

1) The first team has clinched a playoff position, Houston. Do you think they deserve to claim that first spot? Sure they do, their talent is pretty solid all around.
2) At the other end of the spectrum, Ottawa has been eliminated from playoff contention. Any thoughts on the frail mortality of a VHLM team, even one who just won a cup? I can't really say anything bad about them
3) Speaking of playoff contention, there is currently a neck-and-neck race for the final playoff slot, between Philadelphia and Mexico City. Who do you think will take it? Mexico City
4) If you could give yourself at the beginning of the season any advice, what would it be? Stay active and enjoy your career
5) When you aren’t playing hockey, what do you like to do? Just hang out and play video games
6) Do you have a favorite cheese? It's really hard to narrow it down to just one

1) The season has come and gone, and we finished in 3rd place in the standings. Are you pleased with that? 
Pretty happy, would have preferred the 2nd or top spot but 3rd is a solid finish.
2) How does our team’s finish compare to your predictions/expectations at the beginning of the season?
I was hoping for a top place spot but we played fairly well 
3) How does your personal performance compare to how you thought you would do at the beginning of the season?
I performed a lot better than expected, had a shaky first season with less than 10 goals and the same number of assists. This season changed completely with 36 and 37 respectively. Hoping to continue improving.
4) Our team’s top performer from a point’s perspective is Ryo Yamazuki II. How much of an impact does he have for this team? He is a solid player who gets lots of points, finds the back of the net often and knows how to pass the puck.
5) On the other end, our goaltender Virgil Ligriv has, with this season, achieved the franchise record in career wins (according to the records on the portal). Anything you’d like to say to our man in the back?
Keep stopping shots like a demigod.
7) Our first matchup is against Halifax. In our seven games, we beat them 4 to 3. Do you think that will be the outcome of the playoff series?
I think we can take the win quite easily, as long as we keep our heads on and stay calm.

• 2 weeks later...

10/27 - 11/3    

1) After 3 straight wins against Halifax, we ended up being victims to a reverse sweep. What went wrong?
2) In fact, after scoring 15 goals in the first 3 games, we only netted 4 in the final 4. Did we dry up, or was Halifax simply wise to our game plan?
3) Are you disappointed with how our playoff run ended? 
4) Is there anything you wish you did differently this year? 
5) After taking a quik 2 game advantage, Yukon has dropped the last two games to have the finals come back level. Who do you think will take the cup? 
6) Who do you think will receive regular season MVP?
7) Who do you think will receive playoff MVP?
8) What do you think will happen for you this offseason? Excited for the draft?
9) For those of you above the TPE cutoff, are you looking forward to making the step up to the big leagues, or nervous?
10) Are there any VHL teams you’d like to keep an eye out for you this draft, for those undrafted among you? 

1) After 3 straight wins against Halifax, we ended up being victims to a reverse sweep. What went wrong?

What didn't go wrong? We came out hot and then fizzled. Disappointing to say the least.

3) Are you disappointed with how our playoff run ended?

I mean obviously. To be up 3-0 and then lose is fucking embarrassing!

Stopped more goals against Halifax. Game 4 was probably our best bet. I gave up 2 and we only scored 1. If I stopped just 1 more I would have felt good going into a SO.

? What do you think will happen for you this offseason? Excited for the draft?

I'll finally go up and be with Helsinki. Draft time is exciting all around. Looking forward to see what happens there and what new teammates I'll have in Helsinki.

9) For those of you above the TPE cutoff, are you looking forward to making the step up to the big leagues, or nervous?

I'm looking forward to it, but I am nervous. Pepper is a legend so to be a goaler on this squad comes with a huge standard.

5) After taking a quik 2 game advantage, Yukon has dropped the last two games to have the finals come back level. Who do you think will take the cup?

Obviously Houston ?

On 10/30/2019 at 11:15 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

6) Who do you think will receive regular season MVP?
7) Who do you think will receive playoff MVP?
? What do you think will happen for you this offseason? Excited for the draft?

I'm satisfied, play to go more scoring oriented after this season

Houston won already

Not me, I bet on the goalie

Houston goalie for sure

Already drafter but I plan to sit down here

Going to stay down but need to grind to 250

11/3 - 11/10

1) What plans do you have for the offseason? Any vacations?
2) Are there any kinds of questions you would like to have on future PCs? More hockey, or more personal? 
3) What stat are you focusing on improving most this offseason?
4) Are there any other VHLM players yet to be drafted that you think deserve a chance on our roster?
5) Congrats to Chet Bandy for his award win! Anything you’d like to say to him?
6) What holes do we have to fill in our roster, in your opinion? 
7) Pre-draft, what VHLM team do you think has the best optics for next season?
8) Who do you think will be taken first overall in the VHLM draft?
9) What about the VHL draft?
10) If you had to be any kind of Storm, what Storm would you be?