Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

On 2/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/2-2/9

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. Another week has gone by, and our form has been just as good. Last time we checked in, we were at 8-2-0, now 21-3-0, so 13-1-0 since the last presser. What will our next week of fixtures hold? 15-0-0? I think we will lose only 2 games or 3.

2. We are doing really well on both ends of the ice, with the best goals against and the third best goals for. Care to comment?  Our goalie.

3. If you were to pick the next team dinner, what restaurant are we going to? We are going to chipotle.

4. Congrats to our new captain, @ROOKIE745, and our two A’s, @Proto and @DaftRaincloud. What do you want to say, either to the squad, or to the new captains? I 2ant to say good luck and I am happy for all of them especially Proto.

5. We have three “easy” games ahead of us, playing the bottom ranked Yukon three times in a row, but then we have the Ottawa matchup. Worried at all?  Nope not at all.

6. What is your favorite vacation spot? Cabo Mexico.

7. Who do think should perform at the next Superbowl halftime show? Shawn Mendes

On 2/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/2-2/9

1. Another week has gone by, and our form has been just as good. Last time we checked in, we were at 8-2-0, now 21-3-0, so 13-1-0 since the last presser. What will our next week of fixtures hold? 15-0-0?

2. We are doing really well on both ends of the ice, with the best goals against and the third best goals for. Care to comment?

3. If you were to pick the next team dinner, what restaurant are we going to?

4. Congrats to our new captain, @ROOKIE745, and our two A’s, @Proto and @DaftRaincloud. What do you want to say, either to the squad, or to the new captains?

5. We have three “easy” games ahead of us, playing the bottom ranked Yukon three times in a row, but then we have the Ottawa matchup. Worried at all? 

6. What is your favorite vacation spot?

7. Who do think should perform at the next Superbowl halftime show?

1. Well I'm a little late so forgive me, but for the next week, not the one we just had, I could see us going 15-0-0, no more then 1 or 2 looses.

2. Fantastic play by the whole team in front of me, very proud of everyone.

3. Boston Pizza

4. I am very honored to get to be captain, especially as a goalie! Very proud of Proto and cloud and Proto I can see being captain material very soon.

5. Well considering I know how that went...... no XD

6. Not much of a traveler, I just like to stay here in Canada ^^

7. Eminem

On 2/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/2-2/9

1. Another week has gone by, and our form has been just as good. Last time we checked in, we were at 8-2-0, now 21-3-0, so 13-1-0 since the last presser. What will our next week of fixtures hold? 15-0-0?

2. We are doing really well on both ends of the ice, with the best goals against and the third best goals for. Care to comment?

3. If you were to pick the next team dinner, what restaurant are we going to?

4. Congrats to our new captain, @ROOKIE745, and our two A’s, @Proto and @DaftRaincloud. What do you want to say, either to the squad, or to the new captains?

5. We have three “easy” games ahead of us, playing the bottom ranked Yukon three times in a row, but then we have the Ottawa matchup. Worried at all? 

6. What is your favorite vacation spot?

7. Who do think should perform at the next Superbowl halftime show?

1. Nothing other than 15-0 is foreseeable

2. It's a wonder we aren't top in each, so we certainly have room to improve

3. I would say ihop, I never wake up early enough for breakfast so why not try for dinner?

4. I'd of course like to congratulate them for being the captains of this year's VHLM winners!

5. I suppose, we could be a bit complacent going into the game but we are at the top for a reason

6. Probably Hawaii, it's way better than Greenland haha

2/9-2/16

1. Top of the league baby! Just by a point. Will we ever lose again?

2. The San Diego Marlins are currently on a 6 game win streak. More worried about them or Ottawa?

3. Outside of the top 5 teams, do you think any of the bottom 6 have a chance to upset a cup victory?

4. What do you think is the best kind of pasta sauce?

5. Would you rather take a season ending injury (the rest of your career is unaffected) and we win the cup, or we go out in the finals but you win regular season MVP?

6. Out of the rest of players in the league (not on Minnesota) who do you wish was on our team?

7. If you could make a new player right now, what would be their name?

8. Cheezits or Goldfish?

17 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/9-2/16

2. The San Diego Marlins are currently on a 6 game win streak. More worried about them or Ottawa?

3. Outside of the top 5 teams, do you think any of the bottom 6 have a chance to upset a cup victory?

5. Would you rather take a season ending injury (the rest of your career is unaffected) and we win the cup, or we go out in the finals but you win regular season MVP?

6. Out of the rest of players in the league (not on Minnesota) who do you wish was on our team?

8. Cheezits or Goldfish?

1. My heart says no we will never lose another game, but my brain says the moment I start believing we will never lose again we will, in fact, lose again...I'm gonna say yes we will lose again to play it safe.

2. Gotta be Ottawa. Teams can go on good runs, but the Lynx have been our scariest competitor this season and should be considered our main threat still.

3. I mean, never say never! It's pretty statistically unlikely that the lower down teams make a run, but with Halifax last season we pulled a series upset, and all it takes is that plus some more luck to make a unlikely Cinderella run.

5. Definitely the injury and cup. I know this is a cliche answer to give, but once you hit the playoffs the cup is all that matters. I do care about having a good regular season, but it doesn't really matter compared to getting a ring in the end.

7. Since I'm a Quebecer, probably something stereotypically French-Canadian like Pierre-Marc Dupuis. Just any typical two French-Canadian first names followed by a basic last name.

8. Goldfish for sure. Same cheesy goodness that you get from Cheezits, but way less messy. The cleanliness factor is probably what puts goldfish over the line for me though because I would say I like the taste of Cheezits more.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:44 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/9-2/16

8. Cheezits or Goldfish?

1. I believe not. We have surely taken too many L's already

2. I would say Ottawa, though San Diego is a bit worrying

3. No

4. Some sort of cheese with Alfredo would do

5. Winning the cup of course

6. Probably Edwin. It's been great playing with him in the WJC as well as Houston last season.

7. New Player

8. Cheez

On 2/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/9-2/16

8. Cheezits or Goldfish?

1. As much as I wish we could win every game probably not DX

2. Ottawa but we can't ignore the Marlins either.

3. No, to much of a divide between the teams.

5. Season ending injury for sure, the cup win for the team is more important.

6. Thomas Landry from the Marlins, really enjoyed playing with him in Halifax.

7. I would say it but I think I'll keep it a secret for when I actually make said player.

8. Goldfish~

2/16-2/23

1. Who is your favorite sports figure outside of hockey?

2. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or happy where you are?

3. Welcome to some of our new members we’ve brought in. To them, what excites you about coming to the Storm? To our old players, what is something they should know?

4. Who would you pick to be your backup in a duel to the death, challenged by yours truly and Rayzor?

5.  We’ve clinched our playoff spot! Not that it was really in question. How does that make you feel?

6. Predict the top three teams in the standings by the end of the season (in order, I think we can guess which teams will be in, though not guaranteed). 

7. Who do you think will nab regular season MVP?

8. What hat would you wear, if you had to wear one, right now?

5 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/16-2/23

3. Welcome to some of our new members we’ve brought in. To them, what excites you about coming to the Storm? To our old players, what is something they should know?

4. Who would you pick to be your backup in a duel to the death, challenged by yours truly and Rayzor?

5.  We’ve clinched our playoff spot! Not that it was really in question. How does that make you feel?

6. Predict the top three teams in the standings by the end of the season (in order, I think we can guess which teams will be in, though not guaranteed). 

1) Tiger Woods

2) I wish I was a couple inches taller.

3) I’m excited to be here and make a run for my second straight title.

5) Excited for the postseason

6) Minnesota, San Diego, Ottawa

8) I wore a UNH hockey hat today 

18 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/16-2/23

1. Gotta be Harry Kane (Soccer, Tottenham Hotspur). Total professional who gives his all every game for Spurs and has changed the team since coming up from the academy.

2. I'm 5'11, so I guess I can't complain about my height too much. I guess I could've had another inch or two just so I can hit the 6'+ mark? Oh well.

5. Great! Playing for a team so dominant is awesome, I'm just excited for what the playoffs are gonna bring, considering we've gotta be the favourites for the cup.

6. Gotta be

1. The Boys in Minny

2. San Diego

3. Ottawa

All 3 are dominating this season, but San Diego has really turned it up a level and should be able to see out second place, behind us of course ;)

7. Roque Davis or Kyl Offerson on San Diego have been incredible so they're probably the easy MVP choices. Hopefully Gabriel Gutzwiler @daftraincloud can catch them with a strong finish though!

8. Easily a toque. It's so cold here in Quebec right now I almost need to wear one in the house...

30 minutes ago, Gwdjohnson said:

1. Gotta be Harry Kane (Soccer, Tottenham Hotspur). Total professional who gives his all every game for Spurs and has changed the team since coming up from the academy. 

no lord why must everyone I know in the VHL be Spurs or Chelsea fans ☹

premier league football GIF by Arsenal

On 2/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/16-2/23

1. Matt Carpenter, I hope to able to be an accomplished player while I age as he has.

2. I'm happy here, in Greenland my head was never bumped on the hard igloo ceilings.

3. They should know we're here to win, and nothing less, so they should put their past behind them and prep for a cup!

5. It feels okay but it's not what we're aiming for. That is still to come.

6. Us, Houston, San Diego

8. I would say my helmet. It keeps me safe in and out of the game.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/16-2/23

1. Who is your favorite sports figure outside of hockey? I love Francisco Lindor for the Cleveland Indians in baseball.

2. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or happy where you are? I am happy where i am now.

3. Welcome to some of our new members we’ve brought in. To them, what excites you about coming to the Storm? To our old players, what is something they should know? They should know that we love winning.

4. Who would you pick to be your backup in a duel to the death, challenged by yours truly and Rayzor?  Me.

5.  We’ve clinched our playoff spot! Not that it was really in question. How does that make you feel? I am really happy and hope we can win it all.

6. Predict the top three teams in the standings by the end of the season (in order, I think we can guess which teams will be in, though not guaranteed). Minnesota, Ottawa, and Philadelphia.

7. Who do you think will nab regular season MVP? I think our goalie Jaxx.

8. What hat would you wear, if you had to wear one, right now? I would wear a winter hat.

2/23-3/1

1. How do you deal with the stress of being a professional hockey player?

2. Would you rather have a professional chef, or masseuse, at your disposal?

3. What is the best kind of bread?

4. Who do you want to win the cup in the VHL?

5. Who do you think will actually win it?

6. Do you think you will be playing in the VHL or VHLM next season?

7. Any feedback you have for the coaching staff? We’d love to hear it

8. What is your least favorite part about road games?

23 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/23-3/1

1. How do you deal with the stress of being a professional hockey player? I just go home and hang out with the family and watch a movie.

2. Would you rather have a professional chef, or masseuse, at your disposal? A professional chef so I don’t need to cook.

3. What is the best kind of bread? White.

4. Who do you want to win the cup in the VHL? HC Davos Dynamo.

5. Who do you think will actually win it? Moscow

6. Do you think you will be playing in the VHL or VHLM next season? VHLM

7. Any feedback you have for the coaching staff? We’d love to hear it. Nothing really decides put me on the second or third line lol.

8. What is your least favorite part about road games? Nothing I love the plane rides I get to watch movies and listen to music.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/23-3/1

1. I'm a big gamer; I like to unwind with that after practice or games.

2. A professional chef.

3. Sourdough.

4. Helsinki.

5. Moscow.

6. I think I'll be in the VHL.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:25 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/23-3/1

1. Video games, it's always been my answer.

2. Professional chef, cooking isn't something I'm very good at.

3. White bread lol.

4. The dragons!

5. The wolves, maybe the Menace.

6. I know for sure I'll be in the VHL next season.

7. You guys are doing great, nothing I can suggest.

8. Being away from my own house.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:25 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/23-3/1

1. LOTS OF DONUTS

2. Chef of course!

3. Sourdough hits the spot everyday

4.PROBABLY us over houston 8-1

5. Us

6.Probs VHL? never know

3/1-3/8 

1. We won our first round matchup against the Las Vegas Aces! What are you most proud about from the first series?

2. SWEEP get out your brooms folks. Did you expect to win all four games?

3. How do you predict we will do against Houston? 

4. How are you handling the pressure of playoff hockey? Is there any?

5. Why do you want to win the Founder’s Cup?

6. Do you have anything you’d like to say to your parents or friends, or anyone who has helped you in your sports career?

7. What is your favorite television series that is no longer on the air?

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

3/1-3/8 

1. We won our first round matchup against the Las Vegas Aces! What are you most proud about from the first series? That we swiped them 4-0. 

2. SWEEP get out your brooms folks. Did you expect to win all four games? Hell yeah.

3. How do you predict we will do against Houston? We will win 3-1

4. How are you handling the pressure of playoff hockey? Is there any? There is no pressure after we did this season.

5. Why do you want to win the Founder’s Cup? Cause it is my second year and I will be exited

6. Do you have anything you’d like to say to your parents or friends, or anyone who has helped you in your sports career? I want to thank my parents 

7. What is your favorite television series that is no longer on the air? Full house.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:46 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

3/1-3/8 

1. We won our first round matchup against the Las Vegas Aces! What are you most proud about from the first series?

6. Do you have anything you’d like to say to your parents or friends, or anyone who has helped you in your sports career?

1. Our scoring and goaltending

2. Yes, there was a clear split between the top 4 and bottom 4.

3. Well we won the first 2 games so we're off to a good start, but I could see them pushing back hard.

4. lots of practice to be on my A-game, and video games to.

5. I mean who doesn't? VHLM careers are usually short so making the most of it is what anyone should want and to be able to win the cup is a great way to start your career.

6. Thank you! your the reason I am here!!

7. CSI

On 3/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

3/1-3/8 

1. For sure our teamwork has proven to be a source of wins and will continue until it brings us the cup.

2. Of course! How else would it have gone?

3. I know we've already won now but I expected at least a fight from my former team haha

4. There has for sure been some struggle with consistency for me but the guys are stepping up and I'm sure I'll find myself again.

5. To prove to my parents that it was worth it to move to North America

6. Yes thank you all for the love and support and I will see you all at the cup parade!

7. Corner Gas

3/8-3/15

1. We are in the finals now! Time to end it. How do you think we will do?

2. Are you happy we are playing Ottawa, or would you have preferred San Diego?

3. What is your second favorite color? 

4. Would you rather have minimal playing time and win MVP (Yes I know it doesn’t make sense) or play every game and never score?

5. Do you think goalies are crazier than the average person? Or just about normal?

6. Why should a VHL team want you on their roster? Tell them here!

7. How do you feel about the first two games we’ve had against the Lynx? Happy, or want more?

19 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

3/8-3/15

1. We are in the finals now! Time to end it. How do you think we will do? I think we will win it all 4-2

2. Are you happy we are playing Ottawa, or would you have preferred San Diego? I am happy we are playing Ottawa

3. What is your second favorite color? Green

4. Would you rather have minimal playing time and win MVP (Yes I know it doesn’t make sense) or play every game and never score? Minimal playing time and win MVP

5. Do you think goalies are crazier than the average person? Or just about normal? I think goalies are crazier.

6. Why should a VHL team want you on their roster? Tell them here! Cause I can help make plays and I can get them some wins.

7. How do you feel about the first two games we’ve had against the Lynx? Happy, or want more? I am happy with them.