Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

15 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/19-4/26

Answer 6 question to claim 2 TPE

1. We just hopped over the Reapers for 3rd place, though they have a game in hand. What position do you think we will end up with at the end of the season?

2. We only have 13 games left. What personal milestones are you hoping to hit by the end of the regular season?

3. We have a fairly kind run out, except for playing Yukon twice near the end. How do you think that will go?

4. Who are you hoping to avoid playing in the playoffs? Anyone?

5. Are there any team’s you would prefer to play?

6. Who do you think will end the season with the most points on our team? Winter currently leads with 97.

7. Give me your favorite fun fact!

1. I think we’ll stick right here we aren’t movin unless it’s up

2. None. I’ve done what I wanted to do this year it’s time to focus on playoffs

3. I don’t see us losing 

4. Ottawa.

5. Well the teams at the bottom but obviously they aren’t in

6. I see him finishing at the top 

7. Carole baskin killed her husband

9 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/19-4/26

1. We just hopped over the Reapers for 3rd place, though they have a game in hand. What position do you think we will end up with at the end of the season?

2. We only have 13 games left. What personal milestones are you hoping to hit by the end of the regular season?

3. We have a fairly kind run out, except for playing Yukon twice near the end. How do you think that will go?

6. Who do you think will end the season with the most points on our team? Winter currently leads with 97.

1. Think we can hold onto 3rd, just need to get over the hump of playing the Rush.

2. I'm currently there, but hoping to maintain a point per game and a + rating. Ideally would like to get +12 or higher to cancel out my - last season.

3. Yeah hoping to get some good confidence in our last games before playoffs, and beating Yukon at the end would definitely do that for us.

4. Well like I've said I don't think we've won against Yukon yet, so unless it's in the finals let's avoid them.

5. Nah Minnesota has been good to me so far, wish the locker room was a bit more active but. 

6. Winter is the guy that's been carrying our offense all season and I expect him to continue that, so pretty easy choice there. 

19 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/19-4/26

1. Based on the performances of the other teams as well as our own, I think we'll finish the season in 3rd.

2. I'd love to get 13 more shutouts.

4. I'm confident that our team can take any team, so not scared of anyone.

5. I think it would be fun to play my former team, the Las Vegas Aces.

6. Gonna have to stick with Winter, he's been on a tear all season.

7. Donald Duck was banned from Finland for not wearing pants.

woody mcpine.jpg

22 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/19-4/26

1. We just hopped over the Reapers for 3rd place, though they have a game in hand. What position do you think we will end up with at the end of the season? I think we will end in 2nd.

2. We only have 13 games left. What personal milestones are you hoping to hit by the end of the regular season? I was hoping it get 20 goals

3. We have a fairly kind run out, except for playing Yukon twice near the end. How do you think that will go?  I think we will won both games.

4. Who are you hoping to avoid playing in the playoffs? Anyone? I think we are hoping to avoid playing Ottawa 

5. Are there any team’s you would prefer to play? I would prefer to play the Bulls

6. Who do you think will end the season with the most points on our team? Winter currently leads with 97. I think it will be Winter

7. Give me your favorite fun fact! I am an amazing baseball player

On 4/21/2020 at 5:48 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

4/19-4/26

1. 2nd likely, but I would like to think first

2. 1 goal/game would be nice :)

3. GREAT. I think 1 of these games already happened and we did well!

4. Houston, I don't want to destroy my former team.

5. Yukon, we gotta beat them more

6. Winter, I think it would be good if he was feeling it going into playoffs.

4/26-5/3

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. Well, it’s time for playoffs? Is this your first time making a run for the cup, or have been around the block before?

2. We had a really nice run of games there towards the end of the season. Do you feel that is more a fluke, or how our team has come together? 

3. We are going to match up against the San Diego Marlins. Predict how you think the series will go!

4. Unfortunately we narrowly missed out on 3rd place, by just one point, to Yukon. Do you think that home field advantage might come back to bite us?

5. Do you think this season will find any first round upsets? 

6. Congrats to both Aleelee Kiak and Robin Winter for tying for most points on the team! How important are those two to our team’s success?

7. What are you most looking forward to about the playoffs?

8. What are you least looking forward to?

Just now, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1. Well, it’s time for playoffs? Is this your first time making a run for the cup, or have been around the block before?

2. We had a really nice run of games there towards the end of the season. Do you feel that is more a fluke, or how our team has come together? 

3. We are going to match up against the San Diego Marlins. Predict how you think the series will go!

4. Unfortunately we narrowly missed out on 3rd place, by just one point, to Yukon. Do you think that home field advantage might come back to bite us?

6. Congrats to both Aleelee Kiak and Robin Winter for tying for most points on the team! How important are those two to our team’s success?

1.The season I joined I played for Oslo and we went on a run and won 

2.oh we are all synergyzed now we can’t be beat. I honestly don’t see how we don’t win the chip

3. I say either game 5 or 6 We win

4. nah we don’t need home ice advantage 

5. I honestly don’t see it happening but that’s why they’re called upsets.

6. Without them I don’t see us being as good as we are

7. Winning.

8. It ending.

1 minute ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1) You could say I've been around these woods before

3) San Diego has a nice team, well rounded but we're here for a reason, the Storm are better and I think we take it in 5

4) It sucks but I don't think it'll hurt too much, just comes down to rosters and we're better

6) So huge obviously. Can't get here without guys stepping up and we've certainly had that so I think it's amazing

7) Playoff time in general is amazing, the atmosphere of guys competing hard and everything being on the line

8. The end of the season always means the team is making it's last push together as a group which sucks as you hate leaving the locker room with such good guys

18 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1. Well, it’s time for playoffs? Is this your first time making a run for the cup, or have been around the block before? No I won it last year with Minnesota.

2. We had a really nice run of games there towards the end of the season. Do you feel that is more a fluke, or how our team has come together? I feel like our team has come together.

3. We are going to match up against the San Diego Marlins. Predict how you think the series will go! I think we will win 4-0.

4. Unfortunately we narrowly missed out on 3rd place, by just one point, to Yukon. Do you think that home field advantage might come back to bite us? No I do not.

5. Do you think this season will find any first round upsets? No.

6. Congrats to both Aleelee Kiak and Robin Winter for tying for most points on the team! How important are those two to our team’s success? They are really important.

7. What are you most looking forward to about the playoffs? Just to win games.

8. What are you least looking forward to? To lose.

7 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1. Made the playoffs last year with Vegas, we got swept in the first round :(

2. Definitely the team coming together, no flukes on this team

3. Should be a tough series but we'll come out on top if we stick to the game plan

4. I'm assuming you meant 2nd, but I don't think it will matter too much

6. They're huge studs, incredibly important to our success especially down the stretch

7. Winning it allllll

woody mcpine.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 3:51 AM, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1. First time in a competitive league, looking forward to it.

2. I think the team really came together and showed that we are an elite force. The development of our goaltender really helped out a lot too.

3. I thought we would have cleaned up, but not looking so great as it is. Hopefully can pull a come back.

4. I think we probably should have passed Yukon and beat them in that last game, it will come back to bite us if we can't even get out of the first round.

5. Maybe us, lol.

6. Yeah those two drove our offence all year, so obviously super important to team success. Feel like we had good options all the way through our lineup but.

On 4/29/2020 at 4:51 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

4/26-5/3

1. We won last season!

2. For sure how we came together, we could beat anyone

3. We should have won..

4. It could, but in the end a stick and puck going in the net isn't that hard on the road.

5. Hopefully not

6. I'd like to say we help out but really the whole team has been putting in the work to get to where we are.

5/4 - 5/10

1. Now that our season is officially over, how do you feel about this team?

2. Is there anything you wish was done differently this season?

3. Out of the teams remaining, who do you think will win the cup?

4. What comes next in the career of your player?

5. Are you being drafted this offseason? If so, where are you aiming to go?

6. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

7. How much TPE are you aiming for by the end of the offseason?

8. Who's your favorite teammate on this team?

4 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

5/4 - 5/10

1.I’m upset. Nothing else to it we had expectations and we didn’t live up to them

2. I mean obviously something else had to be done but I don’t know what it is.

3. Ottawa.

4. I’m expecting to make the jump to the big league.

6. Cookie dough

8. I liked everyone I can’t pick one.

12 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

5/4 - 5/10

1. Was a good season, good team. Thought we had pulled it all together at the end with that 16 game winning streak so pretty gutted to go out the way we did. 

2. Yeah, win in the playoffs. 

4. Get drafted to whoever wants to pick me and become a VHL star.

5. Yeah not sure where I'm gonna go, both team and position in the draft. Haven't heard anything from any teams at this point.

6. Cookie dough

7. Hoping to be over 300 before I start my VHL career.

23 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

5/4 - 5/10

1. Now that our season is officially over, how do you feel about this team? I think we need a little work but I like it for now.

2. Is there anything you wish was done differently this season? I wish we would of at least won the first round.

3. Out of the teams remaining, who do you think will win the cup? I think Ottawa will win.

4. What comes next in the career of your player? Hopefully moving up to the VHL.

5. Are you being drafted this offseason? If so, where are you aiming to go? I am not being drafted this offseason.

6. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Vanilla easily.

7. How much TPE are you aiming for by the end of the offseason? 250.

8. Who's your favorite teammate on this team? My favorite teammate has to be Alex Burrow we were on the same team in Philadelphia with his old player and he’s a chill dude.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, ShawnGlade said:

5/4 - 5/10

1. Best team yet, sucks we didn't make it

2. Maybe some more depth would be nice, but we brought it close.

3. Ottawa

4. VHL! looking forward to it.

5. last year, and moscow was always the destination

6. Birthday cake

5/10-5/17

1. Unfortunately we were unable to move forward in the playoffs. Why do you think we lost to the Marlins?

2. Do you think we will do better or worse in S72?

3. Do you expect to play up in the VHL or down again in the VHLM?

4. What is your favorite TV show, if any, to binge?

5. Are you a hawk person, or an owl person?

6. Have you thought about applying to any jobs in the VHL? Are there any that you think you’d like to hold?

7. What is your weekly routine for getting TPE?

19 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

5/10-5/17

1. Unfortunately we were unable to move forward in the playoffs. Why do you think we lost to the Marlins?

2. Do you think we will do better or worse in S72?

3. Do you expect to play up in the VHL or down again in the VHLM?

4. What is your favorite TV show, if any, to binge?

5. Are you a hawk person, or an owl person?

6. Have you thought about applying to any jobs in the VHL? Are there any that you think you’d like to hold?

7. What is your weekly routine for getting TPE?

1. Wasn’t meant to be obviously. Ray didn’t make any trades at deadline he led us to failure 

2. I’m gone so probably worse 

3. VHL because I’m not allowed to play in VHLM

5. Flamingo

6. Yeah nah too lazy for a job 

7. Graphic, easy. Then lag and hate the writing stuff I have to do 

1. Unfortunately we were unable to move forward in the playoffs. Why do you think we lost to the Marlins? STHS is an unwieldy girl, can only do so much.

2. Do you think we will do better or worse in S72? Worse but not bad, I always have some tricks.

3. What is your favorite TV show, if any, to binge? Agents of Shield/Star Wars the Clone Wars

4. Are you a hawk person, or an owl person? Hawk, seems more threatening and quicker

5. Have you thought about applying to any jobs in the VHL? Are there any that you think you’d like to hold? I'm always looking for bigger and better!

6. What is your weekly routine for getting TPE? I try to have many weeks of back claims so I don't have to worry about it.

5/17-5/24

1. So, are you excited for the draft? Watching it live, or just catching up after the fact?

2. Given our roster, how do you feel about our cup chances?

3. What has been your offseason training routine?

4. Do you relax better with alone time, or getting out and about and doing things?

5. Would you rather never talk again, or lose your ability to hear?

6. Did you always want to be a hockey player?

7. If you didn’t play hockey, what would you do?

1. So, are you excited for the draft? Watching it live, or just catching up after the fact?

I was very excited for the draft. Watched it live and was ecstatic to go to such an outstanding club like Minnesota! They have such a great organization from the top up and down. 

Im feeling great about our chances this year. As I looked at our locker room, we have a lot of quality guys and are going to be very competitive. Personally I've put in a lot of work in the offseason and I'm ready to roll.

I have been getting up early and going on a short run. Then the team has sent us workouts which I run through with my own personal trainer with a few other guys from around the league, including Gregg Stallion. I've been focusing on my shot and trying to bulk up a bit.

4. Do you relax better with alone time, or getting out and about and doing things?

I definitely wind down by taking some time to myself and being outdoors. So a good hike or walk will do it for me.

Probably never talk again, because I would be able to communicate non-verbally. Hearing is such an important thing in life.

Oh yeah, ever since I can remember I was holding a stick and shooting a ball around. Always loved to skate, as a kid I could skate for hours and hours.

My family owns a dairy cow farm, so I would probably help my Dad out on the farm and eventually take it over when he steps down.

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

5/17-5/24

1. I usually just catchup after the fact.

2. I want to win. I haven’t been successful in the playoffs yet this is probably my last chance to win with this club

3. I haven’t changed from the regular season I’m on the ice almost everyday 

4. I’d rather sit home alone and just relax

5. I’d rather never talk.

6. Oh yeah since I was a young lad I’ve played hockey

7. probably go into policing

The draft was so much fun. I didn't know many of the names going off the board, but the hosts did a great job of keeping the audience in the know. It felt like the best podcasts feel - a bunch of friends hanging out, talking about the things they are knowledgeable and passionate about.

Playoffs or bust baby. Once we're in, it's anyone's game.

In the off season, I like to lift heavy things up and put them down. I'm happiest cardio training in the woods or on nature trails.

I'm a funny mix of both, I call myself an "outgoing introvert". I like to be social and go out and do things with people, but it's draining. To recharge, I need my quiet alone time doing puzzles (jigsaw, crossword, or chess) or playing xbox

I could live without hearing. My wife dabbled in audiology, and took me to get my hearing tested the first day she had access to a testing booth. Turns out that my hearing is fine, and my listening is poor. I use a lot of words to say things, so I don't want to lose that ability to speak.

Nah, I hated hockey players growing up. They were a bunch of thick-skulled ape-dummies who couldn't read but got treated like kings because they played for the local Jr. B. team. I'm sure that comes from some deep-seeded resentment for my parents allowing my younger brother to play hockey but not me. Anyways, I've always wanted to be a teacher because I've got a great problem solving and organizing brain, and like to use those skills to make others' dreams come true. Now that I can skate backwards and stop on both sides, I can use that brain to achieve success in hockey!

I'd be a lumberjack, and that's okay. I'd get to sleep all night and work all day.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:04 PM, bigAL said:

I'd be a lumberjack, and that's okay. I'd get to sleep all night and work all day.

you absolute legend