Dimitri Volosenkov Interview S66 Draft

Today we`re here with Dimitri Volosenkov, asking a few questions about the upcoming draft. Welcome Dimitri and thanks for coming in.

"Thanks for having me again, it`s always a pleasure."

Since the start of the season you've been projected to be a late first round/early second round pick all season. In more recent projection you've been slowly dropping a few picks. Are you concerned about this at all?

"I try not to worry too much about that kind of stuff, I just want to play my best no matter where i end up. You know of course it's everyone's dream to hear their name called first but when you're in a draft with guys like Triple H, Mars, and Freeman it's pretty hard to surpass guys with skill like theirs."

How do you plan on standing out to the GM's for the remainder of the season?

"I think my two-way play speaks for itself honestly. GM's know what they're gonna get from me. I'm a hardworking winger who is used to playing top minutes on any team. My play style is more dynamic than just being able to score lots of goals. The defensive side of the game is so important to me, I like my presence to be known on the ice and I'm not afraid to lay out the body on anyone. I am working hard in the WJC right now to show i'm a capable player and the stats speak for themselves. I'm currently tied for third in goals and i'm 11th in points so there's definitely that offensive benefit to my play as well."

Who would be your ideal team to be drafted by?

"I think being on a rebuilding team would make the most sense for me at this point since I'm still working on my game it would give me room to grow and move up on lines as time goes on. So for that reason I'd have to say either Moscow or Malmo. No matter where I go I'll put in the work to be the best I can be though."

In some of the latest projections your teammate Julius Freeman is ranked 3rd overall. You've seen him since he was brand new in this league, are you surprised at all?

"Not at all. That guy has to be one of the most dedicated and hard working individuals I've ever seen out of any player. He's a great guy teammate and an even better guy off the ice. Any team that drafts him will be getting a real stud, I cannot give him enough praise. That guy is unreal to have in any locker room, hands down."

Well it looks like we're out of time but thanks again to the up and coming S66 prospect Dimitri Volosenkov.