Shuffling the Deck

Jubo

Right out of the gate, the Las Vegas Aces have been everything I've known. My first player, Julian Borwinn, was drafted here. My first job (AGM) was here, and my first taste of STHS sim as a GM for the last four seasons. Highlighted by a Founder's Cup Championship in S64, being the architect of the Aces for 288 regular season games (177 - 85 - 26) has been an honour and privilege. Grooming the talent of tomorrow while remaining competitive each season was a goal from day one. I believe we achieved that in spades while keeping open hearts and storing our clubs as far away from the golf course in search of that championship ring crested in diamonds. The VHLM is all about retention and involvement of our eager new members and that also holds true to the GM role. It is on this day I announce my passing of the torch as I will be stepping down as General Manager. After several days of building a list of recommended replacements for the role, @Banackock will ultimately take my recommendations into consideration and complete the hiring process.

VHLM GM career in review

Career-stats.png

I leave you with the words I express to all Vegas alumni; "Once an Ace, always an Ace".

As far as my future goes, I hope to return as an AGM at some point in the near to distant future should a team be interested in my services.

ByeVegas.png

@VHLM GM @VHLM Commissioner

Again, thanks for your time as GM of the Aces. You were always a guy we could count on and you definitely delivered in terms of being a dependable and stand out GM for us. Being on my 23rd straight season GMing on this site, I know the efforts, time and commitment it takes to be a manager. Never be scared to come back to VHLM GMing! 

As noted, recommendations have been made and @diamond_ace and myself have discussed and ultimately came up with a decision. We’ll be reaching out momentarily. 

Ciao. 

Obviously you know we didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things when I was GMing Ottawa, that's been pretty well publicized, but you were dedicated as hell to that team. On the other side of the curtain as a commie, that's all we can really ask from you guys, and you definitely had it. One of the top guys in the business. Good luck with everything going forward

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

@Beketov you’re welcome. 40 less emails a season ?

My job just got so much easier. Pretty sure the other teams combined didn’t match you haha

You were my first GM and instilled the idea of team loyalty into me from the beginning. I stole your tag line from my season and told all my Guys in Philly ‘That being a Reaper is in your soul, once a Reaper always a Reaper.’  You have impacted many players and gave us solid foundation to build off of. Thank you SSK gave me a cup but you gave me a chance and that meant so much more :)