VHLM Expansion

Banackock

@BladeMaiden

I'm only going to touch on this once and then leave it at that. The league was growing quik and for its entirety, it's been a 2 line league. Rosters were filling up - everyone was quite vocal with it. It was also quite apparent in numerous ways. You could browse the stats pages to see low ice minute by extremely new members. They don't join this league to automatically get 5 minutes a game and feel as though they never have a chance to be good. You could also see the lower retention, others slipping and the obvious of the sides. 3 is a lot and the league did also want 4 but I wasn't the greatest fan of "having too too much". If we have too much, that's better than too less unless it's an extreme amount. In this case, we feel we don't. Adding one team would have solved nothing and adding 2 maybe have checked off all the boxes with little room to squeeze. As @Beketov mentioned, we want to be done expanding for a while and focus on other areas now.

As for the draft, I've learned over the last 23 seasons straight of GMing that not always are thing going to be easy, not always are things going to be fun and not always are things going to be fair. You're not going to agree with everything the league does, says  or decides. You say it as if we're purposely trying to screw you over. We understand what it could mean for some teams, but our interest is the betterment of the VHLM and it's members and this was it. It doesn't really decrease the value of picks. I mean, it does in a sense because you're adding more and pushing later ons after the 1st down the ladder. Sure. But as @Nykonax said I believe, draft smarter. Do your homework. Live with the fact that things are different. It's part of it. There's no avoiding it. It does affect some teams more than others but you have to remember and stop comparing the turnover rates from the VHL to the VHLM. The VHL is much lower and the VHLM does so quickly. I'm sure you're already learning that and because of that, you'll be fine. 

We have a strong group leading the way in all corners of the league right now. Philadelphia will make it through.