Aleksander Rodriguez Bio - The next Latino Legend [Incomplete]

Early Life and Hockey Success

Hockey player Aleksander Rodriguez was born in New York City in Brooklyn, USA, on September 12th, 2002. Tragedy and trauma followed him from an early age: When he was a baby, his brother, Roger, died from pneumonia; another brother, Mike, passed from a heart attack when he was 10.

Rodriguez's childhood was shaped by modesty. Not long after his birth, he moved with his family to the outskirts of New Jersey, making a home in a tall high-rise building that was surrounded by a crumbling neighborhood. To escape his surroundings and strict public school, Rodriguez turned to hockey, pouring everything he had into the sport. While neither of his parents were familiar with hockey themselves, they reached out to friends in the neighborhood to make sure that he had as many resources as he needed in order to learn the game. He played in a number of youth leagues in his early years, but the boy was certain that his main priority would always be his education.

Rodriguez when he was only 5 year old.

Aleksander Rodriguez was just 2 years old when he first started skating and the young Rodriguez spent countless hours on the ice, honing his talents as a skater, shooter and passer. As a result, Rodriguez often played in leagues that catered to older boys. The age and size differences between him and his competition mattered little. In his final year of peewee hockey he scored an improbable 399 goals, 1 short from that 400th goals unluckily.

Aleksander Rodriguez at 6 year old. (Trying to play righty for fun)

By the age of 7 he'd significantly distanced himself talent-wise from other kids his age. The gap only widened with each year. At the age of 10, Rodriguez scored 159 goals in just 55 games for his hometown youth club.

Aleksander Rodriguez at 10 year old.

By the time he was a teenager, Rodriguez was making waves across Canada with his play. He starred for the Omaha Knights of the United States Hockey League in 2016-2017 and the Indianapolis Capitals of the American Hockey League the following season, winning Rookie of the Year honors both times.

Aleksander Rodriguez at 14 year old.

Rodriguez’s struggles

The biggest challenge for young Rodriguez was the language barrier. Although her mother speaks fluent English, their household spoke fluent Spanish, which they are immigrated from Mexico, so he didn't know English too well. When coming over to Canada it was hard for 9 year old Rodriguez to communicate with anyone other than his parents. Along with all of the on the ice work he began doing, he also was motivated to study English hard. He was homeschooled until age 11, while his family did everything they could to help him learn the language. After 2 years of studying hard, he was finally able to join a real good school, where he could learn like a normal Canadian student. It took him until the age of 13 before he was fluent in English, this helped him so much as now he doesn't need his mother to translate with the coaches he works with. 

Rodriguez’s Gets Offers From the VHLM

Aleksander Rodriguez thought for sure that opting out of the VHLM Draft would completely kill his chance at ever playing in the VHLM. It was more important to him to focus on his school and finishing it together with his family as one. With that being said, he was so dominant during his young hockey career by earning so many exceptional accolades that he had VHLM scouts noticing. Rodriguez wasn't eligible for the VHLM draft, but apparently after talking to some scouts he would have gone high in that draft if had he been eligible, I was hearing top 5 quality. 

Aleksander Rodriguez at 16 year old (Yes, he cut that wicked hair unfortunately)

After the draft Rodriguez got calls from almost every single VHLM team, as he was now eligible to sign and still be eligible for the next VHLM draft AND VHL draft! This completely shocked Rodriguez as he wasn't even aware these teams were scouting him throughout his life. Being the only family member going the route of the VHLM, he was finally alone, so it was a tough decision for him on where to sign. With his father's help he ultimately decided to sign with Ottawa, although both Halifax and Philadelphia were close 2nds. Ottawa is in Canada, and looked poise to compete for a championship right away. He would go on to be a solid top 6 player for the team, and is looking like he's going to go in the first 2 rounds in the upcoming S66 VHL Draft!

Player Review

Pros

Skating: It's been part of his focus for a while now, preparing to skate at a pro level has made Rodriguez one of the fastest skaters in the VHLM next season. It certainly doesn't hurt that the youngster being six foot five has a massive stride.

Passing: Aleksander Rodriguez very essence of his game is his passing ability. He has one of the best IQ in the league and he has tremendous vision on the ice. He is an really unselfish superstar because he loves to set up his teammates by making them an easier way to score for them.

Silky Mitts: Imagine you see a hockey player with soft hands who can dangle the puck like only the greats. Rodriguez is one of those players, the young star is set to become one of the greatest Left Wingers to ever play in the Victory Hockey League.

Cons

The Celly:  Rodriguez is a showboat and it drives coaches crazy. As a fan of the game, some people may love this guys antics but it is over the top at times and can cost the team in multiple different ways during the season. But hopefully his antics will change once reaching the VHL level.

His +/-: As seen from his VHLM stats, Rodriguez team defense is still lacking, but he is trying his best to improve on that regard for the next season. Maybe it will get better once the team performs a lot better next year.

Strength: Even tho he is tall and pretty well built. Aleksander Rodriguez is a little bit physically weak and not strong, but he is hitting the gym over the off season to improve those stats for next season.

What will happen next for the young superstar Latino player Aleksander Rodriguez! 

Aleksander Rodriguez: « I will become the best passer in VHL history for the sake of my deceased brothers and everyone who were there for my life.»

• 2 weeks later...

Review:

Definitely would have been better with pictures. Have you tried using the [/img] tags? I think maybe a pop of color would have been nice as well but that's just me. Definitely an interesting bio with the early tragedies of Aleksander's siblings. Was also nice to see you listing pro/con but that could have been saved for your rookie profile! All in all great article and a great insight into his background.

The pictures just would not work for me unfortunately, maybe because from my device (The pictures that I had were all great :( ) But it’s true that I could have added some colors to make it seem nicer. I had 400 words but I didn’t know what to add anymore, so I kinda used my pro/cons from my rookie profile ;). But thx a lot!

On 4/22/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jtv123 said:

The pictures just would not work for me unfortunately, maybe because from my device (The pictures that I had were all great :( ) But it’s true that I could have added some colors to make it seem nicer. I had 400 words but I didn’t know what to add anymore, so I kinda used my pro/cons from my rookie profile ;). But thx a lot!

The font size is a little large for the desktop version as well. It would look a lot better if you sized it down to what normal posts look like. Other than the headings, etc which can be large size, for the full thing to be big is a little much.

Bios aren't supposed to have Rookie Profile kind of stuff in them either. Bios are supposed to be about the player's life leading up to the VHL. Family, high school, college, maybe NHL draft even, etc. You can write about his skills etc, but maybe just not format it in the Rookie Profile kind of way, or directly take it from it. Since you're not allowed to claim the same thing twice for TPE.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Aleksander Rodriguez Bio - The next Latino Legend [Incomplete]