Orion Slade ready for the jump

BluObieZ

When you look at Orion Slade you see a over confident cocky player that screams bust because no one that cocky confident really has amounted to much in hockey. He is what we call a talented Sean Avery. He can annoy the living shit out of you but then also burn you and light up the score sheet. He will never drop the gloves but if you try to fight him, prepare to meet the superhuman strength this guy possess. It actually would be funny to watch him fight. Because if he really possess super powers, he must have gotten into galactic sized fights. So a hockey fight would be pretty easy for him. Should. But I doubt it will ever happen. The person on the receiving end of a superhuman punch may turn into dust. 

Having said all that, this whole season Orion has proved that he is a shark in a small fish tank and he is trying to break out. He needs to swim with the so called big boys. He is coming next season and will bring his talents to Helsinki. He will try to help them keep their championship window open for yet another season. He will probably walk after the season but that is two seasons away. He will focus on the cup and ROTY next season. 

He will have to compete with HHH his arch nemesis from this season to win the ROTY. These two guys went to battle for the scoring title this season, which saw HHH narrowly edge out the superhuman Slade by just a few points. But in the playoffs Slade had the last laugh because his Storm easily disposed of the Rush in a laughable five games. So we will see what next season will bring. HHH is the obvious favorite to win the ROTY for obvious reasons but don't tell that to Slade. He says "Dude is good. Real good. But he ain't me. If he wants that award. That cup. He needs to go through me. He tried to go through me this season and he failed... well partly failed but that's if you want to be a dick about it and are just being a picky little fuck. I am coming to the VHL next season so watch out " 

It will be an interesting next season to see what happens between these two. To see who takes an early lead in points and establishes themselves as the top rookie. If cockiness counted for anything then Orion would have an early edge that's for sure. But sadly for him and his agent that is not a determining factor if a player will be good and will win awards. If it was then all Robbie's clients would just win every award there is. But the reality is talent determines it and the cockiness is looked down upon. So Robbie and his clients just run their mouths instead. So at least there will be that to look forward to next season. The endless trash talk. The start of the pro career of Robbie's last ever client.